Laughing laughing laughing

by darcy 160 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi darcy and welcome to the board, I hope you stick around.

Your not like most of the jw apologists that wander on to here at all. You seem to quite liberal. I wish all the jws I have known had been the same.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Welcome smellsgood,

Wow for someone who was never a JW you are well into the material. What made you look deeper into the WT doctrine?

Freetosee

Guten Tag, Freetosee, Wie geht es Ihnen? (thats about all I know, but I've been to Germany, and most all of you seem to speak english, extremely well too!)

Well, the condensed version, I got to know someone pretty well (online first, got together in person) who was and is a Jehovah's Witness. Being of a curious mind, I wanted to know more about that religion, so I started researching it, and was SHOCKED at so many of their doctrines, being raised a Christian, so very odd to me, and disturbing. Anyways, I tried to talk to him about it and all I could equate the reaction to was one of a hissing snake. Just immediately. Really did not take well to it, cut off contact. Of course, that made me just keep looking into it, you know COC and all that. The blood issues and the children dying from that really sent a chill down my spine. The sexual abuse cover ups are systemic and atrocious. I'm happy that I am informed about this, it makes me want to actively warn people about them, I don't think generally people know specifically what the Watchtower is about, although churches often have special sermons, etc. about them.

anyways, thats sort of the short of it all, and I must say after the reaction I got from that former friend, it's seriously mindblowing how you guys on this messageboard got out of the WT. Truly magnificent. Respect.

smellsgood

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi smellsgood, and welcome to the board. You saw the wts from the least damaging perspective, just researching rather than joining. I wish I'd done that.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Linda

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"So. What do you make of it?"

If someone held a gun to my head and made me bet my life on whether or not you are being honest, I'd have to go with calling you a troll. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm not.

• carla
    carla

Hello and welcome. I have not read through all the threads here but can you clear something up for me? You claim to enjoy reading all sorts of literature not just wt's, you enjoy lively conversation with one who will never convert, you claim to be in 'good standing' with the congs and elders, do the elders know you read these other things and associate on a regular basis about spiritual things with a non witness who will never convert? Do they know you hold some views (or so it sounded from your original post) of the wt not to be in line with the Bible? and you are still in 'good standing'? How can this be when others who have done the same things as you are now df'd?

What do you think of the apparent pedophile problem within the jw community and it's policy to cover up such crimes?

If you married a jw will you be as submissive as they appear to want their wives to be (in my non/never was/will be jw mind, much like the stepford wives)?

Do you worry about being 'found out' by being on the internet at all given all the 'keep away from the internet' articles in the recent past?

just wondering how you reconcile these issues in your mind, thanks.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Smellsgood, you are living proof that informing the public is working against the WTS. Good for you for looking into a religion before becoming involved!

...and welcome aboard!

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Smellsgood, you are living proof that informing the public is working against the WTS. Good for you for looking into a religion before becoming involved!

...and welcome aboard!

No doubt

God bless the internet and all you rascally apostates out there spreading those *lies* before more people get sucked into spreading the *good news of the kingdom*

rock it

smellsgood

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

after reading this...

However, I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of reaction I would get from posting. Although, most replies sound like I did a few years back, and therefore rather depressing, I have enjoyed this experience.

I'm in agreement with SixofNine. I suspected it, but gave benefit of the doubt because it wasn't as much of a hate spitting post as they can sometimes be.

I guess I should be feeling bad about myself because I haven't made it as far as this kid and I've been labeled "depressing"? LOL. Yeah, that post says it all. I figured this person was really hiding rage that anyone would speak out about her religion. The pathetic thing is these people seem to really believe they have something special that can get us to "think" and go back to the watchtower.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Vielen Dank smellsgood, mir geht es gut.

Thanks for warning people about this dangerous cult. Sometimes I think the WTS is too small and insignificant that outsiders take it serious, so it’s great to have people like you. And you know what’s good, when you get an opportunity to speak directly to JW’s they can’t just turn away from you and stamp you “apostate” as they can (and are told to) do to us xJWs. Darcy is an exception to the rule.

Freetosee

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Darcy!

I'm glad to see yet another open-minded person here.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit