Laughing laughing laughing

by darcy 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I never used that TMS book, but my mother has it. What happens when you fill the thing up? Do you get a new book, or do you finally graduate?

• darcy
    darcy

None whatsoever.

I suppose it's only reasonable to say that a few years back I declared myself atheist, then moved to agnosticism, and then to general apathy (can we stop arguing now?), and I even looked into witchcraft at one point (mostly b/c I was being encouraged to associate with a Wiccan study)... but now I'm back here with the witnesses, and I feel most comfortable here.

At those times, I never initiated contact with apostates, but now I'm not intimidated by it.

Maybe I like the Witnesses cause I'm laid back. See, I don't like this idea of only having 80 years to live. So, the Witnesses suit me very nicely since I'd like to take my time to study everything imaginable, and sure it's a leap of faith, but if they are right, then all's the better. And I just don't have these problems y'all talk about with them. Of course, I think a lot has changed. Not to offend, but why doesn't anyone here quote from recent literature instead of all this stuff that's years old. That's like criticicizing Windows 95, instead of examining Windows XP.

• luna2
    luna2

Staying in what? The Watchtower Society? Now there's a laugh. Why would I participate in, associate with, support, spread and condone a bunch of lies? Its all a farce. I laugh at myself for joining in the first place. I laugh that I wasted 20 years farting around with a bunch of wishful thinking and fantasy playacting. I laugh at the thought that I would ever go back.

• darcy
    darcy

No no, not at all, please don't let me put you on the defensive.

I'm not trying at all to indoctrinate or preach to any of y'all; if I slip, let me know.

But somehow I thought it might be interesting to post here. In my past, I've held similar views to what is believed here, and it's a new experience doing this. I don't know that it has a proactive purpose.

But again, please don't be indignant with me. I mean no harm.

• darcy
    darcy

Eh, I don't do the little excercises, so I wouldn't know.

I suspect it gives the willing a sense of satisfaction and completion.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Of course, I think a lot has changed. Not to offend, but why doesn't anyone here quote from recent literature instead of all this stuff that's years old. That's like criticicizing Windows 95, instead of examining Windows XP.

That's a good question! However, I don't know if they still call it this, but back when I was a good hardworking JW, they called their belief system "the truth". I guess a few of us like to chuckle a bit when "the truth" appears so blatantly false, that it must be changed. I don't know, that's just my opinion.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    but now I'm back here with the witnesses, and I feel most comfortable here.

In other words, you have a fence picket comfortably jammed up your butt. As long as you don't move, it doesn't hurt, correct?

It's that, or you're completely full of caca.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome, Darcy. Congratulations on having a mind of your own, and attending college, AND living on campus. The congregation you attend must be very accomodating?! and laid back. They sure aren't around here.

I hope you haven't come here to laugh AT us....because the pain here is VERY REAL. Enjoy your stay.

• Spectre
    Spectre

All I'm saying is that it appears that you are smarter then the average dub, which means that if you stick around here for any amout of time you won't be one for long.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I still don't get what the "laughing" is all about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit