Laughing laughing laughing

by darcy 160 Replies latest jw friends

• darcy
    darcy

To Nosferatu...

I'm not full of caca... and I don't have a picket fence jammed up my ass.

Just thought you might want to know.

sounds painful anyhow...

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Darcy,
    Welcome, hope you stay around long enough.

JWs with your open mind are usually don't last very long in the org either by choice or by being forced out. Since you have a healthy curiosity eventually you will read about their false doctrines and will find yourself in a dilema, do I stay or do I go. Maybe their puritanical existence will help you decide to stay.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If you don't, why are you sitting on it? You're a JW visiting an apostate website, and you're not taking the JW rules seriously. You sound like a fence-sitter in denial.

• luna2
    luna2

Sorry to take offense, but your experience as a JW is not, I think, the norm. At least it wasn't the norm for me. When I discovered, finally, that they aren't what they advertise, advertise, advertise themselves to be, I was truly devastated. Yeah, gullible, that's me.

I too liked the idea that this short lifespan is not all we get. But, yanno, I couldn't hang in there with them just because they promised that I might get to live forever. Seemed dishonest when the rest of it made me so miserable. Plus, nothing else that the WTS has ever promised or prophecied has ever come true, so it seems pretty silly to believe that they got this living-forever-if-you-are-a-good-little-dub-all-your-miserable-life thing right either. But, if it works for you, go for it.

• darcy
    darcy

To Delilah,

I'm not here to laugh. I may be wrong, but I think I know the pain you're talking about, and if I'm correct, then I've seen it up close and personal.

So, by no means am I here to laugh.

Also, I don't know if the congregation was laid back or not, but I do my own thing. Besides, the good jobs require degrees anymore... I mean like being a manager for McDonalds requires a degree... crazy, huh? Not that my aspiration is to be a manager at a fast food restuarant.

Eh... I suppose I might as well add, thinking of college, that I'm a French major... meaning I don't know what the hell I want to do with my secular life.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    I suppose it's only reasonable to say that a few years back I declared myself atheist, then moved to agnosticism, and then to general apathy (can we stop arguing now?), and I even looked into witchcraft at one point (mostly b/c I was being encouraged to associate with a Wiccan study)... but now I'm back here with the witnesses, and I feel most comfortable here.

I can definitely relate to why you became generally apathetic. I'm so tired of those arguments, too.

It's important to do what you feel most comfortable with. I stopped feeling comfortable with it for many reasons and I am learning to understand myself better now, instead of being told who I am, what I think, how I feel, who I spend my time with, and what I do. I guess I'm too much of a free spirit to be confined to their definition, and I didn't feel there was any room for personal growth there.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Nosferatu,

You got it in for this guy. Do you actually know him? We all sat on the fence before we came out. Give the guy a chance.

• darcy
    darcy

I was smiling very big when I went to write my original post, and couldn't really think of what to call it... so I put down something which now I see is possibly more controversial than I imagined, but is certainly a reflection of how I feel about my own posting on this website.

• darcy
    darcy

I've said the same exact thing myself, so I can relate to that feeling of confinement.

In my experience however, you can't be entirely open with any group. So you're right, self-honesty is definitely a healthy step in establishing where you feel most welcome.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I didn't like the idea of having only 80 years, either. That was 20 plus years ago.

You see, some of us were good little Dubs. Sitting on the edge of our seats to get the newest directives from the WTS. Don't go to college? o.k. we will obey, after all, the Big-A is just around the corner. Don't buy that house? o.k. the Big-A is coming soon anyway. Don't have a child? You say this is not the time to be having children? o.k. since we are living in the time of the 1914 Generation that will see the Big-A, we can have kids after the Big-A..........and on it goes. Am I bitter? Probably. Are these the facts? Yes. I wasn't a rebel, you see. I was just a good little sheep. Baaaaaaaaa.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit