Laughing laughing laughing

by darcy 160 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome SmellsGood!

Do you work at a perfume counter by any chance? (Just curious. A lot of people pick screen names that go with their profession.)

Tammy

• atypical
    atypical

While I don't understand the "laughing, laughing, laughing", I appreciate Darcy's open-minded outlook. And to answer your question, Darcy, I think if you are happy being a jw, then you should stay - but on one condition. The condition is that you stay an independent thinker and stay willing to look at both sides of any argument. I think you will find that a lot of us are here because we were not allowed to do that, plain and simple.

Best wishes to you and please stick around.

Atypical

• Es
    Es

After reading that post im laugh laugh laughing

es

Welcome to the board

• darcy
    darcy

Well, the elders aren't my parents. I don't have to submit a log of activity to them. However, I will own to my choices, so if this is a bad decision, I'll get the consequence. Isn't that right? That old familiar, you reap what you sow.

As for marriage. Well, I take the view that if that submission is handled the way it is supposed to be, the way it is truly portrayed in the scriptures, then there will be little trouble beyond those typical small squabbles. If my husband truly imitates the way christ treated his disciples, we'll be fine. You may note that even when his disciples were arrogantly arguing who was the greatest, he did not have a fit of anger, scream obscenities at them, physically abuse them, and tell them how puny they are were in comparison to him, or whine about their behavior. He dealt with the problem, but he did so in a loving way.

I realize many christian brothers don't have the proper view of this, so I may single for a very long time.

• darcy
    darcy

eh. you strike me as malicious.

in any case, I find some of your post good examples of quoting out of context.

Based on that, I'll be more cautious with my words in the future.

Thanks for the welcome.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I don't get it.

I've been in both very lax and very strict congregations. I have liberal witness friends but only to a point. If you confronted those liberal witnesses (liberal witness being an oxymoron) with any type of cogent anti societal argument they curl up like a snail in a salt mine. I am happy to welcome anyone to this board, as I have been welcomed. I just get a little skeptical when I feel someone is being flippant about the sincerity of people who have lost so much to this destructive org. Perhaps I'm just at the point where I don't wish for a reformation of the society. I don't mean to criticise anyone... it's just where I am at now.

FBF

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

if you mean "es", where you put "eh", I really don't see how the person who announced they are laughing laughing laughing at the board as a whole, would take such sensitive offense to someone saying they are laughing laughing laughing at one of her posts.

jeez!

but with message boards, misunderstandings always happen, it's hard to know the meaning of a post or who it's directed to sometimes.... as you probably know....why am I still on this thread? .... ahhhh!.... bye!

• LDH
    LDH
    "So. What do you make of it?"

If someone held a gun to my head and made me bet my life on whether or not you are being honest, I'd have to go with calling you a troll. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm not.

My first thought.

Here as an 'example' to potential lurkers that we have all made up the pain and the stories. Why look, she even dabbled in Wicca! and she's still in good standing. She wears her hair like an angry lesbian, and she's still in good standing.

Not every person in the concentration camps had a horrible time. There were even Jews picked out to help the SS and these were treated very well. To get a good idea of what a concentration camp was like, we wouldn't ask a 'privileged' Jew but rather take a field study of the majority of experiences.

Lisa

• Es
    Es

heheh thanks itsallgoodnow.

Wow ive never been called Malicious on the board before

es

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Well said LDH...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest