Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I suppose I asked for it. The wording of my question does allow for a 'yes' or 'no' answer but it would be nice if those who simply said "yep, I had a prayer answered" could elaborate a bit.

Nic'

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

To be honest, I'm not sure if I have ever had a heartfelt prayer that I actually wanted answer. Although I'm not sure if it would even be answered, and right now, I'm not even sure if I believe in god...hmm...oh well.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I suppose I asked for it. The wording of my question does allow for a 'yes' or 'no' answer but it would be nice if those who simply said "yep, I had a prayer answered" could elaborate a bit.

What? And have non-believers pounce on us and our beliefs? No thank you.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    What? And have non-believers pounce on us and our beliefs? No thank you.

That about says it all. A good place to end this thread I think.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

No. And my no I mean when it really counted, not a small coincidence like passing a test or making it home when the roads are icey.

I can pray right now that it's not going to rain today. If it doesn't rain, does that mean my prayer was answered?

• Robdar
    Robdar

That about says it all. A good place to end this thread I think.

Oh Niccy, are you upset that you weren't able to set us up? Sorry we didn't fall into your trap.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Don't be so pompous Robdar, I wasn't trying to trap anyone. If you feel that answering an honest question on your beliefs is akin to being trapped you might like to ask yourself why.

All I asked for in my original post was to know if "anyone here asked for something specific in prayer and actually gotten what they asked for? What convinces you that you wouldn't have got it in any case? How do you explain why other worthy prayers go unanswered?"

I even promised "to be good and respectful and to not go all 'angry atheist' on you".

The resentment I get for asking 'awkward' questions speaks volumes.

Nic'

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nic:
    The resentment (and defensiveness) I get for asking 'awkward' questions speaks volumes. Back at ya.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Don't be so pompous Robdar, I wasn't trying to trap anyone. If you feel that answering an honest question on your beliefs is akin to being trapped you might like to ask yourself why.

Don't be so pompous and presumptuous, Nic. Just because you ask us a question doesn't mean that we have to answer. I feel that your response is akin to you not getting your way. You might like to ask yourself why.

All I asked for in my original post was to know if "anyone here asked for something specific in prayer and actually gotten what they asked for? What convinces you that you wouldn't have got it in any case? How do you explain why other worthy prayers go unanswered?"

Oh boo hoo.

Do you think that you are the first to ask these questions? This is an old debate. If you want the answers, look them up. They are here, in the forum archives, for all to see.

I even promised "to be good and respectful and to not go all 'angry atheist' on you".

And we should believe you? Why?

Why should you suddenly behave differently in this thread than you do in others? Why the change? It seems that every so often around here, you get a burr on your butt and feel like pouncing on believers. You want to question us and badger us about our faith. But I have to ask you, Nic, whose faith are we really discussing? I think it's yours. Like it or not, it does take faith to be an atheist.

The resentment I get for asking 'awkward' questions speaks volumes.

Again, back at ya.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You trying to do a mind job on me Robdar? What are you getting at? That I have a little residual faith I'm trying to exorcise? "Nic' doth protest too much, methinks"? You're original I'll give you that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit