Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

even when I believed I didnt bother pray cuz I knew he wouldnt listen since I was unworthy of it.... Then when I wanted to go back I prayed and cried on my knees and It felt so ..... soo..... exhausting :-) although it felt good to cry at that time i thought that he might not even bother..

• survived75
    survived75

I was only 14 years old when I heard that this worldly system of things was ending in 1975. I was devestated. I felt sick to the pit of my stomach.

I didn't want it all to end.

I wanted to get an education and sh!t I had some goals to accomplish that didn't involve JW stuff.

I prayed several times to Jehovah to spare this system of things and let the world go on. I guess I got my wish.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

When I was thinking about leaving the JW religion I also thought about counseling. I called a few from the phone book and had to leave messages with my phone number. I was upset one day and prayed for god to give me a sign of what I should do...just then the phone rang and it was a counselor wanting to set up an appointment with me...I took that as a sign from above...after going for a while and a recent development with another witness and the way the brothers handled her situation helped me make my decision to leave..

• tec
    tec

Every one of them.

Tammy

• kimbo
    kimbo

yes

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

not once. and it didn't matter who i prayed to. not even satan gave a shiite.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have had a lot of prayers answered but I cant prove that I wouldnt have achieved or gotten those results

regardless of prayer.

I have also had important prayers not answered and that was very devastating.

How did I explain these things?

For the longest time, as a result of reading the bible cover to cover 7 times, I believed in predestination.

I also believed all things work out for those who love God.

I learned to pray from being raised as a Jw and then leaving the JW's and reading the bible. The bible said to pray incestantly, and as

long as I can remember, I have.

From a certain perspective I can see where that appears insane.

But looking at it from a different angle, I can see where it kept me sane.

Thats the life I lived.

Thats the way I was taught to live, by the voices that I listened to.

It could have been better and it could have been worse.

Prayer can be giving thanks and prayer can be asking for help.

If you are thankful for what you have you open the door to recieve more.

God is good orderly direction at the very least and if you look to him for good orderly direction,

you will recieve good orderly direction more often than not.

Thats how I have come to see it.

Thats the way this life has wired me.

God helps those who help themselves.

Pray to God but tie up your camel.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Some things I prayed for and recieved,

when I was in school I prayed to wrestle and I did and I won every match but one. The newspaper wrote about me every week.

I prayed every week to make the team, then when I made the team each week, I won each week except one week.

The same thing with the track team, I prayed to make the team every week and I did and i won many ribbons and medals

and had my name in the paper often.

When I saw my wife for the first time, it was love at first sight. And i prayed to God that I could marry her.

And I did. And we have been happily married for 39 years.

When I first became concious, I remember praying for a good life. And looking back over the past 59 years I have had a good life.

When I was a JW, I prayed to God to show me the truth and he showed me that the JW's were not the truth.

I have prayed to God for health and prosperity and I have been blessed with only a Jehovahs witness education.

Your attitude determines your altitude and an attitude of graditude will give you a high altitude.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not that I know of.

If I did it wasn't in a way that was so obvious I could say : 'YES!'

I am more convinced that I'm on God's 'Nuicance Call' list if anything.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes. Only 5% of people survive my illness. Help did not come from where I expected it. I volunteered at St. John the Divine, the Anglican cathedral in NY. My initial involvement was to find Christian men after yet another failed relationships with secular Jews. I was not going to apologize for being a proud Christian. It was very sophisticated. Dances, concerts, arts. Politicians, UN missions. All of a sudden I needed it for Christ, not something I expected. I would not be here today were it not for the Cathedral. I helped the homeless ministry and food bank so I found meaning in my life.

My life has been synrchonous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit