Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

You trying to do a mind job on me Robdar? What are you getting at? That I have a little residual faith I'm trying to exorcise? "Nic' doth protest too much, methinks"? Nope. No jedi mind tricks over here. I was just curious and feeling a wee bit grumpy. Actually I think "pissy" would be a better term but it has a different meaning over there and doesn't translate well from American to English.

Why, thank you Nic. I've often thought the same about you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nic:

Don't be so pompous Robdar, I wasn't trying to trap anyone. If you feel that answering an honest question on your beliefs is akin to being trapped you might like to ask yourself why.

Looks more like someone who has learnt from the past, than someone being pompose, pal.

In answer to your original question; yes. In recent history I've not had one unanswered.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I know why bad things occur. People pray for them to happen.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Bumped in response to song19's topic...and to say that I do miss that beardy old Scottish gitgoat gentleman.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I sat by a river and asked that Jehovah God help me to see it if the bible was his word (my research was leading me to believe otherwise). I got my answer. It was along the lines of:

" ......... "

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

If "God" existed and didn't answer the prayers of praying parents watching over their dying child, well he's a a hole anyhoo, so what's the good of him? For all the stories of prayers answered, millions of children die from starvation, disease and "he/it/she" does NOTHING. Sorry, I won't bother wasting my time in prayer to any "god" like that.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have had many prayers answered and some that weren't, usually later on down the road, I found it to be a blessing that the prayer wasn't answered.

Garth Brooks ( I believe) had a song about how some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers, and I do believe that.

And actually some prayers he does answer, I might not necessarily like the answer, but they were answered.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hope you'll all excuse the shameless bump but this has been on my mind for the last few days since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I'd love to get some fresh comment in the light of these recent events.

Oh, and I've moved on in the last few years. I won't be giving believers such an easy ride any more - the excuses for ignorance are dwindling fast.

Nic'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Stuffed if I know.............................

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Yes - maybe once

No - over 9000 times

The one time that prayer worked for me was when my cousin was born. He was born premature and had to be on an incubator. It made my aunt cry thinking that her son might grow up to have some health problem. So I prayed several times for my cousin to recover. Months later, I see him healthy and eating.

Fast forward to his 8th birthday party, my cousin is still healthy.

No brain disabilities, he was able to play the piano in front of his friends and family. No digestion problems, he was able to eat his icecream birthday cake and more food. No vision and hearing problems, he can watch tv and play video games. No breathing problems, he can run around and play with his friends for hours. In short, he turned out pretty well and I hope it stays that way.

The prayers might have been a lucky coincidence. Then again, the doctors never said it was impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit