Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw
    jw

Seriously, has anyone here asked for something specific in prayer and actually gotten what they asked for?

Yes, many times! But one of my favorite prayers was the birth of twins, my grand children. I prayed for twins and the doctors said it was only one.

What convinces you that you wouldn't have got it in any case?

No human could have fullfilled it.

How do you explain why other worthy prayers go unanswered.

Only God can answer that.

I promise to be good and respectful and to not go all 'angry atheist' on you, so how about it? Have you ever had a prayer answered?

Nic'

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    God will NEVER shun His children..... He is a loving Father always desiring to hear from His children. Always caring, always loving, no matter what.

Apostate Kate, do you have children? If so, imagine this. You are on your annual vacation and are at some nice warm tropical beach. Everyone is nice and relaxed and happy. As a loving parent you sacrifice the chance for a quiet nap so that you can keep a watchful eye on your children playing in the ankle deep warm surf. Lovely.

Then, for some unknown reason reason, your children begin screaming for help! What do you do?

---

On Christmas Day 2004 people around the world gave praise to god. The following day over 200,000 individuals died on those lovely beaches. Where was god? When the water was rising around their necks the prayers must have sounded like the wail of a million bullhorns to any god who was capable of hearing.

Why didn't god answer?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

jw

the doctor misread the feotal scans, it happens

• jw
    jw
    God will NEVER shun His children..... He is a loving Father always desiring to hear from His children. Always caring, always loving, no matter what.

Apostate Kate, do you have children? If so, imagine this. You are on your annual vacation and are at some nice warm tropical beach. Everyone is nice and relaxed and happy. As a loving parent you sacrifice the chance for a quiet nap so that you can keep a watchful eye on your children playing in the ankle deep warm surf. Lovely.

Then, for some unknown reason reason, your children begin screaming for help! What do you do?

---

On Christmas Day 2004 people around the world gave praise to god. The following day over 200,000 individuals died on those lovely beaches. Where was god? When the water was rising around their necks the prayers must have sounded like the wail of a million bullhorns to any god who was capable of hearing.

Why didn't god answer? Were you there?

• slacker911
    slacker911

jw...

I think you are having some logic issues. Nic isn't God. He hasn't claimed to be God. If he was there he could very well be dead like the other 200,000 people that God let die. And you didnt answer his question. Where was God when he sat back and watched all those people drown?

I personally dont care if people believe in God or not. I am just blown away that they think He is worth worshipping. To think that God lets all the atrocities on this Earth happen, and then gives a rats ass if someone gets twin grandchildren is downright dillusional. Seriously. What screw is loose in peoples minds when they think that God has let tens of millions of people die of AIDS in Africa, and orphans all those children, and then gets you a job? Or gets the meeting cancelled so you dont have to give a talk? Get real...

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I never really threw my problems out there for a god to solve. I vented, I wailed, but I didn't ask for help.

I think taking the time out of a hectic schedule to think, meditate, or pray can be theraputic. It can help you see other options, or be more accepting, or even allow for random chance (AKA life) to step in and shake things up. Some people might call any one or a combination of these things an answer to a prayer. I don't, but I also have no problem with that outlook.

Cyd of the "live and let live" class

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Were you there?

jw What the hell is that supposed to mean?! As slacker so wisely put it, "get real".

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Nic love, like I said before, if you believe that this life is all there is, then no death or adversity will make sense to you. Nic, death is not painful but for the ones left behind, and God offers His Spirit of love and peace to help comfort those who lose loved ones.

Death is a beautiful passing into the most beautiful of places for those who have recieved the forgivness from the Son. Children all go to the beautiful place. I have had a near death experience and I can tell you death is not painful. It is not as the JWs say, you do not go to sleep.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't often pray that way but when I do I get answers.

LT, of the "still at 100% answers to prayer" class.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well I was of the class of believing in God and Satan equally - I prayed to them both - neither answered in any kind of way.

Conclusion: they both have hearing problems

OR

They don't exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit