Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods
    They perposely avoid your questions and don't stay on topic,

The topic police are always watching. BTW - on the subject of prayer - about 50% of coin tosses are the wrong side.

• Terry
    Terry

RAIN DANCE

Once upon a time there was a long drought.

The creeks dried up and there was no water for crops.

The ground cracked.

Animals were listless and dying.

NO RAIN!

The local Shaman started dancing to attract the attention of the Great Spirit.

He danced all day. No rain.

He danced the next day. No rain.

On and on he danced and danced.

Eventually, the clouds gathered and the drops of refreshing rain began to shower down

healing the cracked ground and filling up the creeks and replenishing the soil for the growth of nourishing crops.

Everyone in the village agreed: DANCING FOR RAIN REALLY WORKS........................................................ (eventually.....)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Some of my wishes have been granted, but, allALL my prayers have been answered.

• Terry
    Terry

Some of my wishes have been granted, but, allALL my prayers have been answered.

Hmmm, I guess I never thought of praying for silent indifference!

• tec
    tec
    They perposely avoid your questions and don't stay on topic, pussy footing around the serious issues doing some of the best mental gymnastics I've seen.

The topic was 'have you ever had a prayer answered?' Those who shared and answered in the affirmative have been accused of thinking they're more special than anyone else, to have had a prayer answered or granted.

I don't know what question has been pussy footed around by anyone on this thread. Many of us do not claim to have all of the answers, and say so, honestly.

I cannot answer why some prayers get answered and some do not. Some prayers might not be within God's will. Some prayers might be in conflict with other prayers, or to grant them would be bad for that person or another in the long run - or might even affect someone else's will (such as praying to free your family from the WT, when they do not wish to be freed). Some might not be praying through Christ, to His Father. Some might not have faith in what they pray for.

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Terry

Hmmm, I guess I never thought of praying for silent indifference!

That's what you get when you pray to a genie.

• free2beme
    free2beme

The better question, is "how many of your prayers were ignored, before the one you claim was answered, was answered?" As I think that is a great perspective on faith and why we tend to be very selective in our perspective to have faith.

• LV101
    LV101

whereami --- what questions are avoided and who are you judging that acts like their former cult? i attended fewer meetings in couple of yrs. than the avg. bear attends in one month. judge not, and that's one thing the cult's members really did a lot of.

i don't understand prayer myself (but hope it helps). i certainly don't think mankind has all the answers (YET) and hear this in circles of society that are very educated and enjoy success beyond. i have to admit i like to be delusional and think mankind has the potential to have all the answers. after all, we have been endowed w/the gift of incredible brains for a reason.

• serein
    serein

alot of my prayers never got answerd come to think of it but the ones that did seem to get answerd deff made up for it.now maybe they never realy got answerd at all and its just crap but i like to think god was listening and finaly after i sorted my head out i got what i wanted.all i pray for now is for the end of this crap world and for a new one .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit