Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Prayer topics seem to be the bandwagon of the moment so I'm jumping on!

Seriously, has anyone here asked for something specific in prayer and actually gotten what they asked for? What convinces you that you wouldn't have got it in any case? How do you explain why other worthy prayers go unanswered?

I promise to be good and respectful and to not go all 'angry atheist' on you, so how about it? Have you ever had a prayer answered?

Nic'

• damselfly
    damselfly

No. I tried numerous times as kid to have prayers answered but nada. Reinforced my belief that it was fake.

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Perhaps we should all get together and file a class-action lawsuit against "gawd".

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not one that I can think of

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

As a JW I remember intensifying my relationship with Jehovah. I really wanted to serve him. I prayed he would direct me in how I could serve him since so many paths seem to be before me.

Two years later, I quit going to the meetings because I knew the Watchtower was a scam so put me down as a "yes."

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Perhaps we should all get together and file a class-action lawsuit against "gawd".

And how would you 'serve' him?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

I remember praying that I could fall asleep at the assembly, and my prayer was always answered. Further, I'm positive jeh-hoggie had something to do with it.

-silent

• anewme
    anewme

yes, I've had 5 major-on-the-brink-of-a-disaster-prayers answered...and quickly I might add.

But I dont have the time to detail them. You must just trust me on this one Nicolau.

Anewme

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    You must just trust me on this one Nicolau

Sorry, no offence anewme but that doesn't cut it. How about just giving us the details on one of your experiences?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

When I first wanted to leave the Org., my husband was very upset. He wanted to leave me and take the kids to raise as JWs. I prayed to God to please help open his eyes that this org. is not the truth. My husband was a DIE HARD Jw. He did everything by the book. Was totally loyal to the Org. Whenever I brought things up that were not right, his eyes would glaze over and he would just ramble off the stock answers you learn as a Witness. I mean it was bad. He was like this for years and we would get into very heated arguements over it. So, after praying a while, I then asked him to please take just one week off from going to meetings and read the bible alone. I told him if he found what they teach was in line with the bible, I would support him if he wanted to stay a JW. Well, long story short, he did this and left the org. a short time later. I really, truly believe that God answered my prayers because my hubby NEVER lifted a bible up to read in his entire life. He only read it along with the magazines or books. Never on its own. This was the first time!

I believe prayer has worked all my life, it got me thru tremendous abuse. And while I am not totally undamaged, I am alive and I love life and my family.

Many say they pray and it doesn't work but I have found that if you pray, like the bible says, you MUST believe that God can and will answer it!

You must work in line with your prayers also. For instance I wanted God to move my husbands heart but my hubby had to READ the word of God, in order for this to happen, therefore, I had to ask him to please do it.

And I also believe sometimes the answer to our prayers in NO. And we have to persevere. It took over a year of prayer inside the Org. Before the opportunity even came for me to leave. A lot of things I learned by what I went thru in life, I believe I had to go thru in order to help others who are in the same situation. And I was able to help many before I left the Org. Ones I would not have been there to help, if I got out sooner.

I have had many, many answers to my prayers. I never tell anyone what I am praying for because I want only God to know, that way when it is answered, I know it is him that did it. I have some funny stories about this, but that is for another time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit