Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw
    jw

Where was God when he sat back and watched all those people drown?

Ask God he answers all questions.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Have I ever had a prayer answered?
    Sure, many times. The answers were "..." and "....."

• slacker911
    slacker911

JW,

I dont need to ask God. I already know what I think. I am asking you.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ask God he answers all questions.

Not this one he hasn't. God sure does have a hard time hanging on to his children, they just keep leaving him. Sure he has plenty of new children coming along all the time, be they Muslim, Jew, Christian or any other variety but they are definately leaving faster than they are being born.

Soon (cosmically speaking), god will be childless. I think it will serve him right for being such an absent parent.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nic:
    That would be a matter of perspective.

Childless in that there are none left on earth? For it seems to me that if half of what people believe is true He's probably clamouring for some space alone, in the midst of a multitude.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have wished for things to happen and sometimes they do...sometimes they dont!

Same difference in my view!

DB74

• bebu
    bebu
    Objectively, "God" (or any god, or prayer, or religion) makes no sense.

But no subject can be reduced to objectivity.

Well said!!

Nic,

Do you think that prayer is just a wish-list situation? God is more than 'Santa'.

If I meet God in prayer, I'm quite satisfied. Then I can pray without trouble, "Your will be done." (I think that is the prayer that always gets answered.)

bebu

• jw
    jw

Well I was of the class of believing in God and Satan equally - I prayed to them both - neither answered in any kind of way.

Conclusion: they both have hearing problems

OR

They don't exist.

------------------------------------

Actually you just have not followed Gods rule to pray.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"There are NO conditions except that one glorify the Son and recieve His Son. That is because Jesus is THE only way and God will give everyone ample time to understand that. He will spend your entire life trying to reach you with fact."

Hey, whats it like being 'born again'?

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have had several prayers answered!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit