Have you ever had a prayer answered?

by nicolaou 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

If I pray most often it is so that I can keep calm, think objectively, see perspective that sort of thing. I always get my outcome. Whether it due to just unburdening some thoughts or feelings that are consuming me that helps or divine intervention. What ever it is, it works for me.

• lucifer
    lucifer

kid-a those are great quotes, I will def. be remembering those

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

mdb,

I am sorry I owe you an opology because at first I misunderstood what you were saying. Please accept? Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Why do some believe in answered prayers when bad things happen?

Does believeing in answered prayers mean we will live on this earth;

without ever suffering evil, or having a loved one die, or experiencing pain?

No, it does not

Even God's prophets and Apostles along with many others who believed,

have died violent and even untimely deaths, some due to their faith in God,

Yet, they still believed in answered prayer

Because we believers know that unforseen occurances befall everyone the same,

the believer and the unbelievers alike, and we know this will continue,

But only for a little while longer;

Because although right now there is evil, due to Satan's influence in the world,

We still believe in answered prayer

Because we know that what happens to us in this life, is only temporary

And part of our faith is believing not just in prayer, but in ALL the promises of God

And he promises us, that one day we all will experience the REAL life with no more pain or sorrow

You may think us fools, but for some of us, our faith in prayer has kept us alive

because without it, having experienced some of the evil we have had to endure,

we would have ended our lives a long time ago

I thank God every day,

That in spite of this all and in spite of myself,

that I still believe in the power of prayer

Just wanted to share some of my thoughts. Lilly Cruz

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Here's the thing. What parent would ignore cries of help from his children? Let's say the children were really selfish and only ever spoke to their father when they needed help. I could understand the father refusing requests for money or a new car but to ignore pleas for medical help? A lifeline? Not to reach down a hand and pull even an ungrateful child up from a cliff edge?

What loving parent puts conditions on how his children speak to him? Respect must be shown of course but most human parents will always seek out their children even when they misbehave, are in prison or living lives of unrepentant debauchery. If my child were like that I would want him to change of course but I wouldn't cut myself off from him as a punishment for not making that change.

Just because He does not give you the answer you are hoping for, does not mean He is not listening and giving you what you need. For example; the person I have been discussing wanted something different than what I felt lead to arrange. He wanted me to go fast and pick him, bring him home for more counseling, and deal with it. I knew that was not Gods will because I have too much going on, it was not feasible. Thus God opened the door that was.

This person could have thought me cold and uncaring not to do it his way, but I knew a better way because I have a clearer picture of the entire problem.

God will NEVER shun His children. The Watchtower wanted us to believe He would. That is not in His nature. He is a loving Father always desiring to hear from His children. Always caring, always loving, no matter what.

There are NO conditions except that one glorify the Son and recieve His Son. That is because Jesus is THE only way and God will give everyone ample time to understand that. He will spend your entire life trying to reach you with fact.

Sometimes through the greatest adversity, comes the greatest love.

• KW13
    KW13

well i respect believers and none believers here ok but for me i think i have. i'm not a lunatic either

My stepdad used to hit me and bully me to the degree that he'd even find me guilty of things i didn't do. This happened once and i knew i was gonna get hit or at least threatened badly. I prayed so damn hard that he'd believe me and not hit me.

Phil came in my room...i thought oh no, i'm gonna get it and he said "i have decided to let this one go, i dont know why i believe you but i do".

there are 'better' examples maybe but that is one. i do have bigger examples but they're pretty long lol

• mdb
    mdb

lovelylil,

No need for apologies. I probablly could have expanded a bit more on what I was saying - being more clear.

One thing I could have noted (might be obvious) is that the reason Jeremiah's prayers were not answered regarding Israel, is because it was not God's will for deliverance to be given to them at that time. God made that clear to him.

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

God has answered a prayer or two of mine...The best one was on a Meeting night. I was supposed to give a talk...about forgiveness. but, that night at supper my parents told me I could no longer hang out with my best friend because of something bad she had done. I was soo sad and crying non-stop. So, I prayed that I didn't have to give my talk or even go to the meeting. That night at about 7 pm an elder called and said the meeting was cancelled!! Trust me it had to be God since that cong NEVER cancels and I didn't even notice that it was even snowing out that night!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Over a year ago, I was having medical problems, and prayed that jehovah make them better, and swore I would go back to the meetings. The next day, the witnesses knocked on my door. They werent suppose to be in this area, but decided to do not at homes. I started studying again, and my med problems went away. One week later I was disfellowshipped. So I got 2 for 1!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    My stepdad used to hit me and bully me to the degree that he'd even find me guilty of things i didn't do. This happened once and i knew i was gonna get hit or at least threatened badly. I prayed so damn hard that he'd believe me and not hit me.

I'm so sorry that you went through that. Before I had a close relationship with Jesus, as a JW, something really really bad was happening to me. I was being sexually assaulted by .....man this is hard to type...i cant

anyways...I prayed to the only way I knew and was saved from the rest of the assault. I prayed to Jehovah. The God that frightened me, the only one I knew, and the assault ended right there.

I know that God saved me from what could have gotten worse. God will never force His will on us, and sometimes bad things happen to good people. Not because of God doesn't care, but because people are capable of the greatest of evils. I do now believe in hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit