• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes

Nuff said

Josie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

lovelylil

Thank you for being so open and sharing your experience. I have to be honest, I don't believe in the power of prayer but I felt humbled when I read your comment, "I believe prayer has worked all my life, it got me thru tremendous abuse". I'm glad and happy for you that prayer is something you can draw on.

josie

"nuff said"? You said nothing!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I did say something..."Yes"

Not feeling like typing out a long post today

Josie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

yes

• Honesty
    Honesty

After I found out the truth about the JW cult and DA'd I knew that I needed Jesus in order to be fulfilled spiritually. When I turned to Him in prayer and begged His forgiveness for my idolatrous worship of the FDS, He immediately entered my heart and Holy Spirit rained down on me just like Acts said it did at Pentecost.

I was terrified of church and the cross and Christmas and holidays. So I prayed to Him and asked for directuions and then I totally trusted His decisions. In less than a month, a man I barely knew approached me and asked me to go to church with him. I didn't answer at first but asked Jesus if it was right. He let me know it was in a way that I can't describe in human terms. I went and within 20 minutes knew He had sent that man to invite me to church even though I live 25 miles from it.

So, in answer to your question if I ever had a prayer answered, yes.

And no matter how the evil Watchtower Society would try to twist it into something as evil as they themselves are and deny it is from God, there is nothing they or any other demon controlled cult or person can do or say that can separate Christ's love from his human creation.

• anewme
    anewme

Poor Nicolaou, nobody wants to get their spiritual experience slammed by him.

That was a nice response by the way to Lovelylil, Nic. Your true sentimental colors are showing!

Anewme

• oldflame
    oldflame

Absolutely ! One of the greatest prayers God ever answered for me was the decision not to get baptised in the JW throof

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"And how would you 'serve' him?"

I would go with a registered letter, care of Santa Clause.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes, countless.

One example for you. My cousin's son was 9 years old when he was knocked of his bicycle by a speeding motorist. He was in a coma and on life support for 6 weeks. I was only 12 years old myself at the time, not particularly into praying for specific things, but when I was told the doctors were going to turn off the ventilator the next day, I prayed like crazy all night long.

He woke up.

Some might call it coincidence, I don't!

Sometimes prayers don't get answered in the way we want or expect.

Someone said (and I agree!) God always answers prayers with one of four replies: 'yes', 'no', 'not yet' or 'you have all you need - do it yourself'.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Poor Nicolaou, nobody wants to get their spiritual experience slammed by him

I promised not to 'slam' anyone! Of course, I may gently open up some of the responses and tactfully tease out a few,,,,inconsistencies? But not tonight. I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

Good night everyone.

"G'night nic"
    "night Jon boy"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit