News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LDH
    LDH

Another case solved.

Feel free to distribute WT money as you wish, but remember, teens will be the most 'secretive' about their thoughts and will also be the quickest to check the internet, regardless of what the crotchety old JW leaders say.

Princess it really is too bad those pictures aren't on that thread anymore. The WT carved pumpkin was priceless.

Lisa

Sherlock Holmes Class

• wednesday
    wednesday

LDH

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I think its a good idea to do this on the Memorial. It might make some dubs paranoid but so what? The comic relief that many other dubs will feel is good for them! Laughter kills cult mind control! Only a true beleiver does not know true humor. But many of the dubs are barely hanging on and will see it as humorous, especially the young ones who need to get out. And if it has a URL to go and look up when they get home, you can bet some will do it! When I sent a small plane oveer Dodger Stadium back in the early 80s at a convention with a banner that read "1980 Bethel Shakeup" (or something like that) with a phone number for a recorded message for 15 minutes, I know of several families that wrote the number down, some in the bathrooms to avoid being seen, and called me, some even years later that they are now out and this was the CATALYST. If its not your bag of tea, don't drink it. What's the big deal? Lighten up guys and SMILE.

Randy

Net Soup! http://www.freeminds.org

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The whole JW belief system and most of the arguing here is childish in the extreme.

Print this:

alt

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I really like this idea!

Here is a tip for making nice clean edges when cutting out the fake checks:

Use a ruler and a sharp blade to make the cut. Just lay the ruler along the line you want to cut and run the blade along the edge of the ruler.

Doing this makes edges as straight and clean as a paper cutting board.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good tip elsewhere,

As my old woodwork teacher used to shout "Neatness counts!"

You can buy paper slicers for under $10AUS at supermarkets and post offices now.

alt

• sf
    sf

Oh god uncy, that reminds me of the paper cutters in the classroom as a child. They had a huge arm that was similar to a machetti. No one really even wanted to go near the damn thing, let alone use it to cut paper.

Thanks alot!

Good night.

sKally

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

sKally - you're thinking of a paper guillotine - a very different beast - these new ones have a tiny cutting blade in a guide - less dangerous than a blunt pencil

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I wonder what I can think of ? I am not saying! It is going to be good!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Interesting discussion. I tend to agree that the fake checks will have very little effect as far as getting people out. (Although, if it gets one person out, it's worth it IMO.) The people who see apostate activity and get even more "resistant," are more or less bullet-proof to begin with. You never know who is going to start thinking, or what it will take to make them start.
    Marilyn, you had a sticking point, and while that thing that got you out may be meaningless to someone else, it was "the thing" that worked for you. My "thing," when I talk about it, has made no impression on any ex-jw I've ever told, but it did make me start to think critically. Maybe this check is the "one thing" that someone needs.
    But more than that, the paranoia it could cause will have repercussions down the road. How do you think the elder body feels when they know nearly every single person in attendance at their small congregation, yet they find this deliberate apostate activity? Yes, it's "in your face," but you know they are losing sleep over which one of the congregation is secretly going to subvert the faith of others. I've heard the paranoid special needs talks that take place after the apostates pull off a "stunt." Yes it makes people fearful or disgusted, but it also makes them suspicious, it makes them really show their lack of love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit