News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wednesday
    wednesday

actually, cosmic sounded a lot more rabid than Danny ever has..

No one leaves jws until they are ready. The websites and books have been invaluable help to most of us. I'm glad that Randy Waltters did not just leave and decide to leave the Org alone. I'm glad Bill Bowen has not left them alone. . I'm gladthey are proactive, as I'm glad the owner of this Discussion board is. Thank goodness for the proactive among the xjws, those with a desire to help the rest of us.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Support groups are great. I too am very grateful to Randy Watters and to Simon.

They are there to help those of us already out, and maybe to snag those who inadvertantly stumble onto their websites.

• undercover
    undercover
    actually, cosmic sounded a lot more rabid than Danny ever has..

cosmic sounded passionate sure enough, but not rabid. His argument may have been blunt but it was well thought out.

Support groups are great; I too am very grateful to Randy Watters and to Simon.

I agree, this board along with others and recovery sites like Randy's and others are very important for many of us who made our way out of the organization. Whether we agree or not on certain "apostate campaigns" shouldn't lessen the importance of these websites and boards to the ex-JW community.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Now I'm past that and am living my life. I seldom even think about them or what they are doing.

Marilyn-

I'm sure this is much easier to do when your spouse, all your children, their spouses, and all your grandchildren

are out of the organization. Most people here are not so fortunate, and experience strained,

or non-existant relationships with many family members because of the Org.

For these people it's a little bit harder to just 'get on with their lives', and forget about the WTBS.

If depositing phony checks in the contribution box makes them feel better, so be it.

Getting on your high horse and calling it 'childish' is really not needed.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Harriet Tubman could have gotten on with her life after escaping slavery, but instead she chose to speak out against it and help people to free themselves. I believe in being proactive. I say use any legal means to combat the WT Society, dont back down, never surrender.

Dave

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If depositing phony checks in the contribution box makes them feel better, so be it.

I absolutely agree with what you said there and I said something very similar. The rest of my posts were for discussion and stating my opinion. My opinion is as valid as yours, unless we are still JW's.

I understand people wanting to do something because I was there once. All I'm saying is that it doesn't do much except for yourself.

The Harriet Tubman comparison is really silly, Junction Guy.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Since you value your right to an opinion I will give mine, I dont think it was silly. I was in bondage for many years and Im still reaping the effects of my JW upbringing. Not only that, but there are 1000's of JW children in miserable conditions today. I wont back down, and will expose the diabolical WT til the cows come home.

Dave

• sf
    sf

Marilyn,

Two questions, if you please:

1) If, as you state, you have "moved on" and basically rarely think of this religion any longer, why did you feel the need to post to THIS thread?

2) What motivated you to speak up rather than just stay silent, and move on?

Personal observation: Anyone who still posts here, no matter how often or otherwise, has not, in fact, moved on and away. Their postings must be for a reason, in relation to this religion and it's organization The WTBTS.

sKally

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

As for moving on, I will move on when the WT Society has bankrupted, their assets distributed to the many victims of this cult, and the whole world knows they are liars, until that time I will use any legal means to counter them. You hear so much about personal responsibility and free will, well its my personal choice to do what I want, and I have no regrets for doing it, no not one!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    1) If, as you state, you have "moved on" and basically rarely think of this religion any longer, why did you feel the need to post to THIS thread?

I was curious about the subject. Actually it was this thread that made me realize it was Memorial time again.

2) What motivated you to speak up rather than just stay silent, and move on?

I already stated my purpose in posting................just making a discussion. I felt the need to comment on my views on this.

I rarely post here anymore and seldom read. Maybe it's time for me to go away. Most of my old friends have left this forum anyway.

I honestly felt I had something to contribute. But perhaps not, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit