News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I believe there are MANY JWs who don't feel "faithful" but who act "faithful" while secretly believing there is something wrong with themselves.

These too can be reached with something to pique their curiosity.

Another idea, EVERYONE at the halls I attended made a special dinner arrangement AFTER the Memorial. I have thought how nice it would be to go to these dining establishments wearing interest piquing T-shirts.

"Is Jesus my mediator? (1 Timothy 2:5; wt 89 8/15 Question From Readers)"

"Over 6,000,000 people come together annually on one special night to reject the body and blood of Christ"

"Christ's brothers, the Faithful and Discreet Slave, God's Channel since Pentecost 33 CE...chosen in 1919?"

I'm sure I can think up others.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I think that I am getting the gusto to do it. I am going to print some more off and maybe visit a few halls.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Richie, of the OMG STFU, I'm having a bad day class.

Yep. It is really sad that this tired old debate gets brought up again and again, each time someone (gasp) tries to do something. I imagine every activist in history has heard the same thing. What's the point, what good will it do, it's a stupid idea, you are going about it the wrong way, do it my way instead, blahbety, blah, blah.

Someone quick PM me with an address you want me to mail something to, and I will send you one so you can do the same. US only please, I have no time to go to the post office to buy international postage. (Just an FYI, I will probably mail out a Silent Lambs brochure instead, b/c it's my personal preference, but I do think the check thing is a good idea.)

• sf
    sf

Mulan...

I got involved in several things, well organized, spent lots of money on mailings and travel to do more to get the word out. Very, very little result.

Please, elaborate on your footwork here. I'd be very interested to know exactly what you did that seemedt to yield very little results. What was it you mailed? Where did you travel that was part of your organized efforts? And dare I ask, how much money did your activism cost? Perhaps in sharing this info, we will know what didn't work and find what DOES work. No use in any of us wasting our time in something that yielded practically no results.

Thank you.

sKally

• david_10
    david_10

"I wasn't offended (just disagreed), but thank you for the apology."

You're welcome, SSSN. And thank you for your post. I would say that with a few minor concessions, we're pretty much on the same page. I particularly agreed with your statement about the youth--------------------------------------The kids are leaving in droves, and that fact along with the Internet are the biggest problems that the Society faces. Without the youth providing the renewal that any organization needs, " the religion will slowly die." And then over here in the other corner, they have the Internet coming at them relentlessly, chipping away at there authority and beliefs----------------------------------------they're in a fix, and they know it. We apostates are the most important part of the internet battle, for sure, but I just believe that we could be more effective if some of us some were't quite as aggressive. It appears that I'm in the minority on this point, so to each his own, I suppose.

That's how I see it anyway. (To borrow a good line.)

Take care.....

David

• david_10
    david_10

"No use in any of us wasting our time in something that yielded practically no results."

That's what I've been saying all along.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

To everyone who has posted on the 9th page of this thread sf, AuldSoul, david_10, etc.... I just wanted to thank all of you. The points made pro & con are very thought provoking, to say the least. It's comforting and entertaining too, to be able to read post from incredibly intelligent people. It's like watching a tennis match with the best of the best players. Thanks for being here.

My opinion in terms of any kind of memorial protests, disruptions, what ever you want to call them is this. In the area I come from little to no protest have been made. Watchtower has had the "run of the roost" if you will with their status quo. Some of the "funny money" ideas that have come up here on this board, if used properly will at least "get the ball rolling" in letting these hard asses in charge of carrying out the watchtower edicts, that "the times they are a changin". That they are being watched, and that it won't be long before the "fox enters the hen-house". That the watchtower kings have had their day!

just my 2 cents

Dismembered

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Received via email-

I like them alot..... since there are so many witnesses from Canada, UK and Australia too I think it would be great to do an example or two in Pounds as well as Canadian $ and Australian $ as it will boggle them more.....

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

6 hours to go EST Bangor Maine USA east coast

• LDH
    LDH
    It's about respecting that everyone here (and every ex-jw) is in a different place regarding "moving on" with their life.

Calling this idea childish and bragging about how sucessfully you've got on with your life isn't helpful to those still recovering from

this mind-control cult.

If you think this is a waste of time, fine. Just keep your "common sense" to yourself and let these people do what makes them feel empowered.

Everyone has their own individual timeline and healing process.

Been very busy but just had to chime in here and agree with Sixsixsixtynine

This is the crux of the issue. Your right to swing your arm ends at your neighbor's nose. As long as what you are doing isn't physically or morally damaging to others, you have the right to do it.

While I agree the dog shit trick was vandalism, BY GOD to those people it was PAYBACK for the years of their life they wasted in sacrifice to the WT gods. I don't recommend vandalising anyone's property, but by god there is a happy medium.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER, EVEN IF IT'S INEFFECTIVE AGAINST THE WT GODS!!!! AS AN ADDED BONUS, *SOME* (NOT A LOT) OF PEOPLE MAY BE INTRIGUED ENOUGH TO INVESTIGATE. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING, BE HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING.

IN ADDITION, I RECOMMEND PRINTING THIS MONEY OUT AND LEAVING IT IN DONUT SHOPS, LAUNDROMATS, BATHROOMS WITH THE HEADER "HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?"

IT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO HAVE WORLDLY PEOPLE INVESTIGATE THE 'TRUTH' AS IT IS TO HAVE THE JW'S INVESTIGATE THE 'TRUTH.' MANY OF THEM HAVE RELATIVES WHO ARE TRAPPED IN THIS CULT.

Lisa

To each his own, Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit