News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

If just one person is helped, this campign is worth it.

• Severus
    Severus

Thanks for everyone's comments including undercover and other nay-sayers.

I know that a bill or cheque like this would catch my eye as a JW. That's why I back them so strongly. While participation in this effort is not for everyone, there is one thing you can do...

POST ON THIS TOPIC and keep it active. Share the wealth on April 12th!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Along the same lines as Scully said, I think multiple approaches will work the best.

Look at at the different personalities that are represented at this one ex-jw discussion board...don't we simply mirror the personalities that are in the Org. we came out of ?

It is true -- some here have personalities, that as active JW's, would have 'put up their shields.' It would not have helped them get out.

It is true -- these tactics may make it harder for 'us' to reason with some of them.

It is true -- some here have personalities, that as active JW's, would have been influenced, seeds of doubt would have been planted. Those would have been helped.

One size does not fit all.

2 words I hate to have seen in this discussion are "childish," because, it is an insult to someone's ideas of helping in a way they can.

And "militant," to me that sounds angry, violent and controlling. The latter I've left behind when I quit being a JW.

Me ? I'm one of those who would have had a seed of doubt planted by these checks...just knowing (as I did not know back then) that I wasn't 'alone' in the world with question about my religion. I always knew there were X-JW's -- somewhere -- tho' I never saw or talked to one until I typed, "Jehovah's Witnesses" into my browser search engine.

Now...maybe those of us who want to participate can start an address database of KH P.O. Boxes ?

Gimme, North Central Texas...? Come on somebody on a BOE must have a list of elders, CO's & DO's, too ?

Rabbit

• LDH
    LDH
    Am I the only one who sees this as EXTREMELY childish?

Not to nit pick, but wasn't it your daughter who posed in front of a KH with a Halloween pumpkin and took pictures to post here? I'm wondering if you thought that was childish too? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/39745/1.ashx No, you also thought it was funny along with most of us on the board.

There's a lid for every pot.

Lisa Don't call the kettle black Class

• James Free
    James Free
    This is a discussion board. We discuss things. We don't always agree on everything so we discuss and debate them. If we were all of the same mind about everything, without the freedom to speak our mind about it, we wouldn't be any better than Jehovah's Witnesses who aren't allowed to question, dissent and rebel.

This campaign is probably thereputic for the participants and it doesn't hurt anyone so why not?

Is it likely to achieve more than that? No. 99% of the congregation will not even know about it because it will be ignored as apostate. As for the remaining 1%, most of them will consider it childish.

Don't like my opinion? That's Ok, I can live with it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Whether it will work or not it will be fun to try out, this is obviously not a major tactic for enlightening the JWs but it is fun.

Many JWs already know that the org is not sound and they want to leave but can't do it because of circumstances they are deterred by the severe shunning policy which was set in place precisely for this reason: you better watch what your doing because your family might fall apart and you will lose all your JW friends and relatives.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Print this:

alt

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The WT money is awesome. Do u think they might try to press charges for counterfeiting?

On the surface it sounds like a good way to get lots of attention but, I can’t help thinking that most would see this as a very disrespectful way of getting attention and it would backfire. JMHO.

plum

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Australians would love it (no warped respect for things that don't warrant it down here

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Not to nit pick, but wasn't it your daughter who posed in front of a KH with a Halloween pumpkin and took pictures to post here? I'm wondering if you thought that was childish too? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/39745/1.ashx No, you also thought it was funny along with most of us on the board.

There's a lid for every pot.

Lisa Don't call the kettle black Class

Yes, it sure was. That was 3 1/2 years ago, and I happen to know she wouldn't do that kind of thing now. As I said, we've been out almost 10 years and I guess we've just moved on. Time and experience have shown that these kinds of things do very little.

But, if it makes you happy, go for it. Just don't expect much of a result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit