News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    Am I the only one who sees this as EXTREMELY childish?

You're not alone although I probably wouldn't go so far as to call it "extremely" childish. Just misdirected maybe.

I can see why some want to do it, though it's not my cup of tea. I don't think this kind of "attack" does anything but reinforce to JWs who witness these things to think that "apostates" are raving lunatics and demon possessed.

Ex-JWs have real issues and concerns with the religion and how it still affects their lives and there are ways to combat the control the WTS has on our family still in, but resorting to pranks to show the WTS that you're on to them doesn't do anything to help you get your family out or change JW family/friends from treating or thinking about us any differently.

I think we need to realize that we can hurt only ourselves individually with some of these "anti-JW/WTS" antics. Remember, we used to be JWs...were we all that bad and evil? Most JWs are just misdirected and decieved. It's the WTS that's the enemy, not the followers. I think our efforts should be aimed at freeing the oppressed. The more people that learn the truth about the "truth", the more it will hurt the WTS as members leave and new recruits dry up. It's not a battle that will be won overnight, it takes time. Maybe another generation or two. But it can and will happen if we work to instruct and enlighten instead of attack and insult.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    How will anyone know that there are people who are boycotting the WTS by refusing to give donations to them, unless someone tells them?

This brought back a memory. A MS once called me to complain about our hall renovation. He thought the funds were being misused and wasted, and wanted my opinion on the matter. I just laughed and said I didn't care - because I cast my vote in the contribution box. I told him I never donated money because I didn't approve of the way the brothers™ spent it. He was shocked.

It certainly can't hurt to let them know how much dissension there is within the congregations. Let them know it doesn't only come from us apostates™. I suggest to those who attend meetings, discreetly deposit these in donation boxes year round.

W

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I don't think this kind of "attack" does anything but reinforce to JWs who witness these things to think that "apostates" are raving lunatics and demon possessed.

Ex-JWs have real issues and concerns with the religion and how it still affects their lives and there are ways to combat the control the WTS has on our family still in, but resorting to pranks to show the WTS that you're on to them doesn't do anything to help you get your family out or change JW family/friends from treating or thinking about us any differently.

I agree with you. It won't make a difference at all or change anyone's mind.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just a note about mailing anything to the Kingdom Halls:

In a previous mailing campaign we learned that many halls do not have mailboxes. Either the mail is sne to one of the elders or they use a PO Box

• sf
    sf
    It won't make a difference at all or change anyone's mind.

You can't KNOW this. There is ALWAYS that small chance that at least ONE person WILL change their mind. One is better than none.

sKally

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

We had a hall renovation some years back. The Elders had spoken to the RBC (Regional Building Committee) had gotten approval for the upgrade. The congregation was shown three different color choices and voted for one of the colors. Several weeks later the elders came back and said that the color scheme that the congregation voted on is no longer available. The elders didn't give the congregation an opportunity to chose again. The elders chose the colors that they wanted.

The elders spoke about updating the window coverings and the substantial cost it would be to upgrade the blinds. I pitched in the cost of this substantial window project. The next thing I knew the elders decided to just paint the existing cloth blinds. Painting only cost them 1/10th the price than replacing them. Looks like crap. When I and others spoke to the elders about this decision we were told that we needed to follow the direction of those taking the lead. Local needs talks began about following the elders. They are appointed by holy spirit and if we question the elders it is tantamount to questioning God.

Like F-F, I spoke with my contribution box donations as well. The WT money is a wonderful way to get our message out there. How we are being treated. For those already in the Borg, the money may not work. But like it was earlier stated, this is an information war. We are informing the public about JW tactics. Soon the house to house work will be a shambles. No one will be getting baptised. The money coffers will be drying up and we will see more WT holdings being sold to allow the GB to keep up with their greedy and unchristian lifestyle.

• sf
    sf

Also, if it is just one, than that will make ALL the difference and it will have been worth all the footwork.

sKally

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just a thought for those who want to mail them directly to JWs that we know. How about a mail-list swap. The swap should be with someone from a different part of the same country (same country to cut down on international postage rates).

This way no one could accuse you of sending it. DO NOT post anyone's address on the board. Personal addresses will be deleted. Use PMs or email only.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Brilliant! Love it

It will work.

unclebruce

Note: If you don't like it - go suck your thumb or something -------adultish insults deleted------- lol

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Having "directed" a similar campaign, there are 2 things I feel I should say.

1. Shut up. We are all in this together right? Well, be a part of a group for once. Print it out, cut it out, and drop it like its hot. This campaign is to scare the Society, remind them that we are here. These weren't designed to be mailed to your mom and ex-pioneer partner. This isn't a vehicle that you can take and adjust to fit YOUR purposes. Its an APOSTATE TOOL for an APOSTATE CAMPAIGN. Spread the word, great, but if you had enough clear thought to get out of the Org alive, you ought to be able to write Aunt Elder's Wife a letter, stick in an envelope, and mail it. This isn't an Apostate MultiTool. Don't try to make it one.

2. If you are reading this right now, and you plan on going to the memorial, going to a meeting, going to the convention, anything- click, clip, print, drop. Its that easy to send a message up the nervous system of this org.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world: Those who do things, and those who watch people do things. Be a DOER.

Richie, of the OMG STFU, I'm having a bad day class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit