News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Actually few JWs know of the existence of

www.watchtower.org

let alone

www.jw-media.org

Yes, I haven't heard of them either - they need some sort of advertise advertise advertise campaign

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Java passed out some of that funny WT money at the Pizzafest this evening, its hilarious. Im saving some of it for "special" occasions.

Dave

• david_10
    david_10

My my, this has been a rowdy thread, hasn't it? Threads like this are one of the reasons I love this place.

I've jumped on late, but here's my opinion:

Thank you, Mulan. Thank you, Undercover. Thank you Princess, Gumby and anyone else for showing some common sense and having the courage to express it.

If crashing the Memorial (even sneaky-like) or picketing assemblies or other things like this were effective techniques for getting the Witnesses to even start thinking, I would be all for it. But it doesn't help; in fact, I think it does more harm than good. I attended my last regular meeting and assembly in 1987; I attended my last Memorial in 1993. I would've left sooner, but I can honestly say that my departure was delayed by at least 10 years because of bad apostate reading material, assembly picketers, Memorial crashers, etc. (It might come as a surprise to some of you, but this stuff has been going on for decades and, apparently, hasn't affected the Society's bottom line. And it's not going to.) I would look at those loser apostates out there pestering us and I thought: "See there-----------------Jehovah's organization is the only place to be. Where else can we go?" I think that perhaps the Society has actually come to appreciate radical apostate behavior: they can go to town warning the faithful to stay away from those crazy demonized apostates, and the faithful will actually see tangible reasons for following that counsel. It worked with me for a long time, anyway.

But the question I ultimately have is this: Why would you want to spend even one minute in a Kingdom Hall if you don't have to? Why? Come Wednesday evening, leave the Witnesses alone, and do something constructive for yourself: Take your kids to a ball game. Better yet, play ball with your kids. Visit your aged parents or grand parents. Go to a symphony concert. Call or write that person you've lost touch with and have been thinking about lately. The list is endless. Instead of wallowing in bitterness and revenge fantasies, do something constructive for yourself. You'll feel better for doing it.

That's my opinion.

David

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Share the Wealth on April 12th!
  • sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    ....showing some common sense and having the courage to express it.

This isn't about common sense.

It's about respecting that everyone here (and every ex-jw) is in a different place regarding "moving on" with their life.

Calling this idea childish and bragging about how sucessfully you've got on with your life isn't helpful to those still recovering from

this mind-control cult.

If you think this is a waste of time, fine. Just keep your "common sense" to yourself and let these people do what makes them feel empowered.

Everyone has their own individual timeline and healing process.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

sixsixsixtynine...

I agree. It's one thing to dis-agree with the idea of picketing, letter writing, WT 'checks', etc.

IMO, it's quite another to call people "childish" and "losers". THAT is so insulting to our fellow XJWS that have paid such a high price living as a JW and now...finally are 'out' or on their way to greener pastures.

Let me say something here...it hurts me, that by my agreeing with certain 'apostate' ideas -- I, too must be labeled as "childish & loser".

Let me YELL now...so you'll hear me.

MY MOTHER WAS KILLED BY THE WTS's BLOODY POLICY. MY FAMILY AND CHILDREN SHUN ME, BECAUSE OF THIS RELIGION !

There ! Do you hear any emotion in my thoughts ?? Am I a "Loser or childish..." ? Have some sympathy for the WT victims. If you think an idea is wrong...fine, tell 'em, but, DO NOT INSULT THEM.

Someone mentioned that activities like picketing, letter writing, WT 'checks', etc. may not do any good for active JW's, but, perhaps it was "therapeutic" for the ex-witness. If that is all it did -- what is the problem with that ? We must take care of ourselves first, then we can look after others -- like on these xjw boards. It has been very good 'therapy' for me, a way of blowing off steam against a organization that has done SO much to me and my family, yet, is almost untouchable by me personally.

If it makes any of us feel empowered in even a tiny way to fight back in a way we can...I think it's worth while. None of us can truly say that we KNOW what is the best method, can we ? It's all about our own individual personalities & personal experiences.

One size does NOT fit all ! (despite what the WT says...)

Rabbit !

• sf
    sf

Let's Roll...

• inquirer
    inquirer

Scully

unc

do they call them "zees" in Australia? or "zeds"?

___

I always say "zeeee" myself not "zed." :D Some say "zee" but most say "zed" unfortunately. I always prefer American pronunciation, and would literally start saying "can't" and "fast" like Americans do, if I could get away with it and be comfortable about it. I did it for a while when I was in high school... but it didn't last.

Pitty me, I always like "niche" things. :(

But I do say this like Americans:

ADVANCE
    DEMAND
    IRAQ
    PLANT
    REMAND
    MOUSTACHE (Sometimes I go British and say "ahh")

etc, etc... Most Australians would say "demand," "remand," and "plant" like an American would! :)

POLICE PEOPLE GET POSH AND FOR SOME REASON MOST COPS SAY "You'll be 'remarnded' in custody."

For some reason when Australians sing the national anthem, they say "Advarns Australia Fair." :( [cry] There is a small minority (thank God) that do insist on saying "advance" the normal proper Aussie way.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I think the best excuse [don't care if it's not for you] for saying "Z" is because it rhymes better.

"Eks, Y'ee, Zee." [phonetically speaking]

And it rhymes with the first 3 letters of the alphabet

"Aee, Bee, Cee." [phonetically speaking]

It doesn't sound right to end on a short sound, and why add a letter that's not there? We don't say "Y'd" for "Y" do we? We just say Y'ee.

• inquirer
    inquirer

DannyHaszard

Share the Wealth on April 12th!
    _____

(Just think of UNIT in Doctor Who.) :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit