News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

Let's not turn this into a "gang up on Marilyn" thread. OK?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No you dont have to go away, just put yourself in someone elses shoes and understand how they feel. Life may be well and good for you, but for many others they are still dealing with a life of pain. Im sure you have done your part over the years, but please dont try to hinder those who are still working through it.

Dave

• undercover
    undercover
    As for moving on, I will move on when the WT Society has bankrupted, their assets distributed to the many victims of this cult, and the whole world knows they are liars, until that time I will use any legal means to counter them.

Then you'll die frustrated and unfulfilled. The WTS will have ruled you your entire life. Maybe not by making you go out in service or to meetings but by carrying the anger and the grudge, you'll waste your life fighting a battle you can't win.

That's right, I believe you can't win. The catholic church has been around for a couple thousand years take a decade or few and they are much more corrupt than the JWs. When it comes to religious faith, you can't tear it down that easily. The WTS is a cult, I agree, but if people are willing to believe in Scientology then there will be people willing to believe in JWs and Mormons. It's a waste of time to try to destroy that religion.

But, if that's what you wanna do, knock yourself out. Like others have said, and I agree, it's your right. But, like others have said, and I agree with them even more, you can beat the WTS by living a good life and showing family and friends that they don't control us anymore. That can provoke conversations and dialogue that can help them think for themselves. In my opinion, I think that is a better way of campaigning to JWs instead of dropping notes in the contribution box.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well then I would die happy knowing that I did what I could to stop it. If I were a results oriented person I would probably be disappointed though. We have the strength and the power to stop it, but many people dont want it stopped. If it were simply a matter of adults choosing to belong in this cult it would be different, but children are born into it and indoctrinated in it, they are helpless victims, adults arent.

Dave

• undercover
    undercover
    Personal observation: Anyone who still posts here, no matter how often or otherwise, has not, in fact, moved on and away. Their postings must be for a reason, in relation to this religion and it's organization The WTBTS.

To some degree that is true...many here still have family who are still deep in the faith, so we can't just walk completely away. We still have some contact with JWs on a day to day or week to week basis. For those people, the issue is a constant.

Like has been mentioned, this place is a support group. We can go on about our lives, but once in a while something might cause us to need extra support or support we haven't needed in months or years. For others, they want to help newbies as they were once helped. Posting on a message board a couple of times a day or few times a week isn't the same as obsessively seeking to do harm to the WTS every chance one gets.

The further on I get, the less I feel the need to come here...until...something happens with a family member or a JW friend. The memorial is coming up and the pressure is on. The support here is good for that. But at the same time, too much of dwelling on things JW tends to hurt the recovery. The less thought I give them, the better I feel, the more I get on with life.

I'll post here to hopefully help some newbies, but outside of that you'll never see me picketing KHs, mailing letters, canvassing parking lots with anti-JW messages, etc. I did enough shit like that for the JWs, I don't need to waste any more time on them, for or against. I've got a life to live and enjoy. I've got to make up for lost time.

(Fortunately I'm getting paid to post here as I'm at work when I post )

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Havn't really followed this thread, even though I knew it had something to do with the "funny money." I didn't realize it had grown to this level of interest.

My opinion is that if this is about really helping JWs see the light, it will have minimal effect. JWs are trained for this kind of thing, they are on the look out for it,...in fact even imagine it exist in the most hidden of places. JWs have a serious persecution complex. Most will see it as a silly prank pushed by evil apostates.

For Jws everything is about satan, the world and apostates focusing on them, and them alone, and trying to trip them up. Remember they are the center of there universe.

To have success in seeing the light, they first have to be ready for it and ready to think for themselves.

Just my 2c.
    Axel

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well I guess what ticks me off the most is that usually the very same people against picketing or emailing wouldnt think nothing of picketing the president or the governor or some other cause, yet the WT indoctrination has had much more personal effects on me than any president or politician.

Dave

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Personal observation: Anyone who still posts here, no matter how often or otherwise, has not, in fact, moved on and away. Their postings must be for a reason, in relation to this religion and it's organization The WTBTS.

I agree. Anyone who posts here while claiming to be "over it" is either delusional or a liar. In any event, they have no business shitting on others efforts to express themselves. Perhaps they are the ones who should go back to the cult, since they approve of the stifling of expression. They'd fit right in.

W

• Princess
    Princess
    Not to nit pick, but wasn't it your daughter who posed in front of a KH with a Halloween pumpkin and took pictures to post here? I'm wondering if you thought that was childish too? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/39745/1.ashx No, you also thought it was funny along with most of us on the board.

There's a lid for every pot.

Lisa Don't call the kettle black Class

I realize this was three pages ago but I just wanted to add that the above prank was done in fun, with humor and on Halloween for god's sake. Of course she thought it was funny, it was meant to be funny and childish. I wasn't trying to lure people away. Jesus Christ, if you are going to attack someone, pick something relevant. FWIW, I think it's a waste of time but if it makes you feel good, go for it. It's a good laugh and I'm always willing to laugh. If I were going to do this, I'd bring a roll of tape and tape them to the inside of the bathroom stalls. At least one person would read them. I'd also tape them on the car windshields. I'm done with the KH. Not going back for any reason.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Exactly Princess, even adults need a little childish fun every now and then, life would be boring if we were all so serious and reserved like the JW's.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit