News About 2006 Memorial

by Severus 185 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

At first this sounded like a great idea to me, but upon reflection I can't think of a single close family member that this wouldn't drive further into the cult.

I need all the help I can get to get my family out.

If my family sees one of these in their KH they will automatically associate it with me and will consider it an attack from Satan through me.

If you have worked out who I am, please don't pull this stunt in halls my family is associated with. I am only just managing to make some headway with them now and I really don't need someone rebuilding the walls.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

We are on a roll..........

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Go for it Danny. I admire you buddy.

Just don't roll on my patch till I'm ready.

Cheers

Chris

• dozy
    dozy

I've seen a couple of these "cheques" when doing audit at conventions. They are usually shown around the audit room and everybody has a good laugh at the "dumb apostates" and the cheque then goes in the bin , so I suspect that the effect is probably zero. It is a bit spooky , though , thinking that people are putting these in boxes.

It would be interesting if one was put in a KH contribution box - it would certainly start a frenzy of speculation.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    It is a bit spooky , though , thinking that people are putting these in boxes.

There are moles everywhere

• blondie
    blondie
    It would be interesting if one was put in a KH contribution box - it would certainly start a frenzy of speculation.

frenzy of speculation = WITCH HUNT

• undercover
    undercover

What I cannot understand though is thinking that any kind of passionate activism is deemed childish,

Nobody said that. And I don't think anyone thinks that. Some disagree with the possible results of this action, that's all. And I don't think it's childish, I understand the reason behind it, I just don't agree that it will create an impact. I could be wrong and if I am, good, more power to "the cause".

killjoys who are trying to stop this

Nobody's trying to stop it. Geez, all a couple of us did was say that we didn't think it was a great idea. I've said more than once that if that's what you want to do, do it.

My last post on this:

While I personally don't see this plan being successful and will not be sharing in it, for those of you who wish to join in, I say...Good luck. I hope that it, in the very least, it helps you personally feel like you've accomplished something, whether it's a revenge motive or a charitable motive. Even if nothing happens, except these things ending in the trash, if it helps you feel better, if it gives you some closure, by all means do it. For that alone, it may be worth it, even if it does nothing in the congregations or at the Society.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

One of my father's favourite sayings is 'one rotten apple in the barrel'.

My family is mostly spread around small, 'close knit', rural congregations. If I can create a few 'rotten apples' in those congregations I can do a lot of damage.

What I don't need is someone spraying insecticide in my barrells.

We need our Dannys and our Johnny cips for their 'in your face' anti-witnessing and I have learned from them and have seen JW's heads nearly pop when using tactics I have learned from them, but I think that, in the congregations I 'serve' , I have a better chance of helping them if they have their guard down, so I see the cheque drop as counter productive in the area I am dealing with.

Cheers

Chris

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    my point is, I feel confident that as soon as any of them begin to have doubts about the Organisation, or really begin to question it, they might come and see Gumby.

Gumby, although I may not be as fortunate as you are with regards to your family and friends who remain in the org. I do understand exactly where you are coming from. I was in that very situation just last year. I met someone, we became good friends, he told me he was starting to study “again” with JWs and attend the meetings. I fell off my chair…but did it quietly. Then we began discussing religion, JWs, my background growing up as a JW, just small talk. With in a couple of weeks he stopped going to the meetings and is sharing lots of info now with 2 members of his family who are going to the meetings. I know that if I would have handled this particular situation differently, such as, What! Are you stupid! I would have been blown off.

I wuv u Gumby because you really do care and it shows. I think that does more then any sign could ever do.

unclebruce I’m not knocking this idea at all. I just don’t think it will get the positive response most seem to think it will and prove to be perhaps nothing more than a good time and a fun memory for those that need to vent. If it feels good do it!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I must say, I too respect Randy's ideas as he has seen and heard of much more than most.

I'll put something another way. I'm not blowin my damn horn here either... but trying to makle a point.

As I said, my daughter, wife grandkids are all dubs in my hometown. I have buttloads of dub friends here who smile, talk, do buisness, and STILL treat me kind. They shouldn't, but they do. They KNOW Gumby doesn't give his wife a hard time about the mettings,,,,cuz dubs talk. My entire family...KNOWS, that Gumby is kind and nice to his family and friends and doesn't make anti-dub trouble. What's my point?

my point is, I feel confident that as soon as any of them begin to have doubts about the Organisation, or really begin to question it, they might come and see Gumby. If my wife or daughter ever wants to talk "in private" about things they question in the organisation......they know they can talk to me. If I were a loud anti-dub, sign carrying, picketing, letter sending, phone calling trouble maker....I'd never have a chance. I'm not the type. I'll have to operate different.

If other methods are working for others since their situation is different.......then let it be done. Whatever it takes.

Gumby

So you prefer the "win them without a word" style...?

Or perhaps the "being kind to your enemies...like hot coals on their head"? Nice. u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit