Explain your avatar and username

by greendawn 174 Replies latest members private

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi echo5delta, welcome to the forum!

• ballistic
    ballistic

hey - misspeaches, bring back your other avatar!

• echo5delta
    echo5delta

Thanks Serendipity, its nice to find a forum like this.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board Echo5delta!

• lucifer
    lucifer

well mostly because I like the name Lucifer, but when I was picking it mom was with me and she said "alright so jesus or jehovah?" and I was like ummm Lucifer, first name that came to my mind...the avatar is an old movie that is named Desiree, my real name, I like the cover of it so there it is lol

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My avatar is a drawing by my son, and my name is Coffee_black because I drink a lot of coffee and the only way to have it is black.

Coffee

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I drink a lot of coffee and the only way to have it is black.

I went black about a year ago, and I'll never go back now I know what coffee really tastes like.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Kudra is the name of one of my favorite characters in the Tom Robbins novel "Jitterbug Perfume" -A great book and a great author- one of my favorites- so imaginative!

The avatar is a historical photo of a glacier in the Rockies that is now 1/4 that size.

-Kudra

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my avatar is just me standing in front of mount robson on a road trip i took with my ex wife right before we split up, not long ago. mt. robson is the highest peak in the canadian rockies, and i had spent a lot of time climbing around there when i was in my late teens, with my best friend. and something hit me, that i had never been as happy as i was then, or since. it seems like when i turned 19, and started pioneering, my life went down hill. i had happy moments, etc, but never the bliss of those late teen years. so, i chose it because it is nice to look at (ya, the mountain is nice too), but also because it was meaningful to me.

moniker... tetrapod.sapien - is an ode to us, and our evolutionary history. tetrapods were some of the first land animals to crawl out of whatever reedy and warm shallow lake they lived in, in a period long long ago. the carboniferious period perhaps? no, i think devonian, actually. and sapien is obviously tacked on the end to give the impression of a sapient four legged creature, but really more of a reminder that we may think we're such great and lofty bipedal apes, but our long long history towards sapience is so much weirder than we could possibly imagine. i like the juxtaposition of tetrapod and sapien because it is not a fantasy. it's wild, but it actually happened. we were fourlegged long ago, and now we are sitting here online talking about it. it's so weird for me to think that homo sapiens can be considered a highly-specialized lobe-finned fish.

and tetragod is a spin on tetrapod, obviously. an alter ego of sorts that ennobled himself to god like status by embracing his evolutionary past, and what it makes him in the universe. also, snakes are considered tetrapods too, since they descended from ancestors with four limbs. and i like this, because in genesis, satan was portrayed as a snake, and he also invited us to become as gods. so, we share a common ancestor with the metaphorical snake of genesis, which puts us in more similarity with satan, than it does jehovah.

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    The avatar is a historical photo of a glacier in the Rockies that is now 1/4 that size.

hey kudra, colombia glacier? athabasca? looks like it could be, but not sure... :) you really from mexico?

;)

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit