I've got $500 on Taylor Hicks to win American Idol ( 10 to 1 odds ) : )

by a Christian 153 Replies latest social entertainment

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I am NOT a taylor fan. In your first picture he looks like he's sitting on the toilet, that expression is not attractive at all, in fact in most of his pictures he looks that way. Just gross. I do, however, think that bald guy is amazingly talented. For the life of me can't think of his name because I don't watch that often. If he doesn't win its because american likes fluff music more than good old rock and roll.

Sherry

• wednesday
    wednesday

Gretchen, I agree, the bald guy, Chris, is very hot. but Taylor has got something and he may just make it. it is the differences between all of us that keep that show smokin .

may the best guy or gal, as determined by the totally awful voting system of AI, win.

we have a horse race

• a Christian
    a Christian

Taylor's gonna win this thing. No question. But who is next to go?

Last week the bottom three were Ace, Lisa, and Mellisa, with Mellisa leaving.

But Dial Idol (now shut down by AI) said the bottom four was Mellisa, Kevin, Ace, and Lisa - in that descending order. (Mellisa's busy signal count was twice as high as Lisa's.)

The theory goes that Mellisa was sent home even though she did not get the lowest number of votes. However, her votes were low enough that AI could say she had the lowest number of votes and no one would doubt them.

The theory goes that she was sent home because she was judged by the show's producers to be the least important contestant to the show's ratings. Ace has the good looks. Lisa is more talented than Mellisa. And Kevin is a cute nerd who everyone loves to hate. So Mellisa had to go.

So now who is next to go? I can't believe that Lisa's fan base is now any higher than it was last week. Mandesa and Paris will get most of the Black vote. They both have more "soul" than Lisa. Plus Mandesa has the "plus size" vote. And Paris has the "cute" vote. So where does that leave Lisa? Out in the cold, I'd say.

She is still left with a very small fan base. We know she was bottom three last week despite a very strong performance. So even a strong performance this week won't help. At this point I see no reason why the producers would pull her out of the fire again. She adds little of value to the show.

I say she is gone. And Pinnacle Sports is giving 11 to 1 odds against it. Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm tempted.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

FYI: March 19 blog at GrayCharles dot com has ANOTHER Taylor Hicks concert, this time much better sound quality. Good stuff.

• a Christian
    a Christian

Taylor is gonna win thing two and a half months from now, no doubt! But what is going to happen tomorrow night is even more clear. Kevin will be sent home. A.I. producers have reserved the right to throw out any votes they believe were cast improperly, through "power dialers" etc. That means that regardless of how many votes Kevin gets (and he is sure to be somewhere near the bottom anyway) the show's producers will feel justified in sending him home since they can say that many of his votes were cast by those who felt he was the worst, not the best. ( Vote for the worst . com ) And they will very much want to send him home, tomorrow night more than ever. Why? Because the top ten go on concert tour. And Lisa, with her small fan base probably the person with the real lowest number of votes tomorrow night, is a pro who will handle that tour like a pro. She has toured with a production of "The Lion King" already in her young life. And she has a lot more talent than Kevin. So who will the producers send home? Kevin. No doubt about it. They have plenty of reason to send him home and a good excuse to do so even if he is several spots up from the bottom.

• a Christian
    a Christian

Also sending Kevin home, instead of Lisa, narrows the field to five gals and five guys, a very nice touring company. Kevin's gone, regardless of the vote.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey Mike...What's your analysis of tonight's show...? Here's mine:

# 1 Mandessa with 'I Don't Hurt Anymore'

# 2 Katherine with 'Come Rain or Shine'

# 3 Pichler with 'Walking after Midnight'

# 4 Chris with 'I Walk the Line'

# 5 Paris with 'Fever'

• sandy
    sandy

Kid-A that was hilarious!!! I'm watching right now and I think Barry Manilow is so good at coaching.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Chris is the next idol, they need a white guy to win.

I don't think anyone comes close to Chris!!! I'd go see him in concert...can't quite see myself going to see Taylor! Why doesn't someone dye his hair???

Swalker

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

What happened to Taylor?? most.boring.song.ever

All I can say is if you download his 'Georgia' mp3, you will not be disappointed. I am going to try to forget about tonight as soon as possible. There. I already forgot it.

Ok, I forgot everything except Paris. She was GREAT. Again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit