New Video of DF announcement at door

by inbyathread 256 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    I can't believe anyone would feel sorry for the two elders. These two elders come to this dude's house to shit on him and he's suppose to stand there at take it? Wow.

Well, I do feel sorry for them because they seem like nice people. Just under the "drug" of the Watchtower. And they don't realize that they are on this "drug". So, I can see where a person feels sorry.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I can't believe anyone would feel sorry for the two elders. These two elders come to this dude's house to shit on him and he's suppose to stand there at take it? Wow.

I can too. Some of our friends that we meet with now and invite into our homes and talk to on here every day were once those two elders. Maybe even harder cases that did not stutter and look uncomfortable as they ripped apart your life. The fact of the matter is, they are now our friends and feel so badly. They have guilt and hurt just like the rest of us for following the teachings of the watchtower society.

Several devote a mass amount of time to trying to help people get out of that life. It really is a heartbreaking thing on most all accounts.

• minimus
    minimus

I'll bet if you were drunk and high, the video would be even funnier!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip
    At first, my husband thought they were Christmas lights, too. ;

tx too opinionated. for the heads up. when i saw the lights . i was thinking how funny it would have been. if they were turned on ,flashing red,blue and green. to help the elder read his nwt . plus i love how they take 1tim6 out of context. the verse was really talking about how jw's act. john

• Berean
    Berean

Priceless!!!! Absolutely priceless!!!!

I about WET myself!!!

Probably some "decent" guys doing what they are instructed (forced) to do. Blinded by the Godless (apostates against Jehovah God) ones in charge of the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Maybe they will see this video and come to their senses. Probably not... but, you can always be hopefull.

Anyway, did you know that they were coming? Why did you have a camera ready?

Berean (you can't be apostate against a man-made-orginization ... only against the true God himself)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    The individual hasn't just left the JW religion - he actively canvasses against it in local churches. Any Catholic who actively preached in Protestant churches denouncing his former religion as a cult would very quickly be excommunicated from his church. A former Baptist that I know who is now one of Jehovah's witnesses is virtually shunned by people she used to to church with.

Does "excommunication" equate to JW disfellowshipping?

( Wikipedia: Excommunication )
    Excommunication is the most serious ecclesiastical penalty for Roman Catholics. While a person excommunicated is not damned by the Church, the person is barred from participating in its communal life. The outward sign of this loss of community involves barring the person from participating in liturgy, i.e., receiving the Eucharist or the other Sacraments. Certain other rights and privileges normally resulting from membership in the church are revoked, such as holding ecclesiastical office. Excommunication is intended to be only temporary, a "medicinal" procedure intended to guide the offender toward repentance. In the Roman Catholic Church excommunication is usually terminated by repentance, confession, and absolution. Offenses which incur excommunication must be absolved by a local ordinary (bishop or vicar general) or a priest whom the local ordinary designates.

As you can plainly see, excommunication does not proscribe congregants from TALKING to the person.

Was the person "virtually shunned" by edict of the Baptist church or because of individual conscience? That is, does "virtually shunned" mean the Baptist congregants must refrain from saying a greeting or risk being forcibly expelled from the church, or does it simply mean that congregants individually and personally chose to avoid someone who joined a cult that rejects the direct Scriptural statements such as "Christ is the mediator between God and ALL men, individually?"

*** ws chap. 1 pp. 9-11 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide ***
    The Way to Enjoy Peace With God
    14 With painful hurt to themselves, most of mankind do not desire to accept or to believe in the Almighty God’s provision for his worshipers to enjoy relative peace and security even in this most lamentable state of human affairs. However, Jehovah is “the God who gives peace,” and it is our blessed privilege now to enter into a peace and security that will never fail. (Romans 16:20; Philippians 4:6, 7, 9) It is a peace and security that he gives even now to his body of earthly servants, his visible organization, in fulfillment of his ever-reliable promises. It is a peace and security that we can enjoy only in association with his visible organization on earth.
    15 It would be out of line with the plain teachings of the Scriptures to believe that God does not have an organization, an organized people, that he exclusively recognizes. Jesus Christ recognized that his heavenly Father had a visible organization. Until Pentecost 33 C.E., it was the Jewish organization in covenant relationship with Jehovah God under the Law of Moses.—Luke 16:16.
    16 Just as the ancient nation of Israel was in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God through the mediator Moses, so the nation of spiritual Israel, “the Israel of God,” has a covenant relationship through a mediator. (Galatians 6:16) It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

"Until Pentecost 33 C.E., it was the Jewish organization in covenant relationship with Jehovah God under the Law of Moses" which means Jesus was an apostate from God's true organization (if you believe their statement is correct).

"Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general?" Yes. He was. Because of Moses, anyone from ANY nation could become a proselyte and was considered a Jew. Even Ethiopian eunuchs (see Acts 8:27). They lied in their response to their rhetorical question and you know I am right, you just never thought about it that way before.

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind." After lying in their explanation about Moses' role, they applied the exact same lie to Jesus and directly contradicted 1 Timothy 2:1-7 in doing so.

What you are doing here is your own business, and you are welcome to post your opinions freely. But I will be making sure you do not poison this forum with unchallenged lies and half-truths.

I shun my brother. Not because an organization tells me to and I would NEVER put on a pretense that doing so is an act of love. Either reason would be grossly unnatural and would be an offense to God.

AuldSoul

• LDH
    LDH

"now that right there is your basis for appeal!"

guffaw!

I, too, can't help but feel sorry for these two men who think they are waging war against Satan himself, at the right hand of God!!!!! when really they are just two suckers who missed American Idol to discuss whether he was 'repentant.'

Ray Franz calls us "victims" of "victims."

Lisa

• onesong
    onesong

Minimus, I can confirm your bet...I'm a little hungover this morning and still laughing !

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Question Box

· Why is there a need to exercise caution when witnessing by mail?

Giving a witness through the mail is a time-tested method of sharing the good news. Recent developments on the world scene, however, have made people cautious about opening unfamiliar mail. Envelopes from unknown sources or with no return address are often viewed with suspicion, especially if they are handwritten and bulky. Householders may discard such mail without opening it. How can we prevent this from happening?

If possible, both the letter and the envelope should be typewritten. The envelope should be addressed to the householder by name. Do not address it to "Occupant." In addition, always provide a return address. If it is not advisable to show your personal address, give your name and the Kingdom Hall address. Do not send letters anonymously. Never use the address of the branch office.—See the November 1996 Our Kingdom Ministry Question Box.

Further suggestions and a sample letter can be found in Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education, pages 71-3. These guidelines will help us to use letters effectively to reach others with the good news.

I never knew this! I would have appealed, using this info, and then not show up for the appeal!

And yes, the white lights arent xmas light, I can confirm that. In the fall alot of people including witnesses put them up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

How come I cant get it??? I know I am stupid but. I get the page with the cow& the Bull "at it" but how do I get the video HELP!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit