New Video of DF announcement at door

by inbyathread 256 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

I put a link to it on a myspace group.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This video kind of gave me the creeps. It was the way that the Elder's talk. Is it just me or do almost all Elders in situations like these have that "mild-sad tone" in their speech? Plus their accents (Wisconsin?) were a little similar to what the bros sound like back home in New Mexico.

I couldn't help but feel bad for Schnell-belly (or is it Schnively?) because despite the bravery, there was a trace of sadness for himself and pity for them that comes across unmistakably. I attribute the snideness/rudeness/sarcasm to masking the deep inner pain that he felt at the moment. Even when you know that you are in the right, and know that eventually your life will be much better, deep down it hurts to get DF'd.

Glad to see you are doing better now!

I think video could be a very useful tool. Can someone piece together a humourous montage of Witnesses "in service" and give it a banjo soundtrack?

By the way who was the Randy Schnively that they asked about? Was he part of this too or what?

-Eduardo

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I showed this video to my husband...never a dub....He wanted to know how come the elder didn't have the scripture memorized?

When the Big News was hot, someone v olunteered to sent it out for others. Is anyone sending this out to JW's?

lisa

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

In all fairness, the situation was probably pretty stressful for the Elder also. Plus having a camera in your face can make anyone fumble around for their lines...

-Eduardo

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    In all fairness, the situation was probably pretty stressful for the Elder also. Plus having a camera in your face can make anyone fumble around for their lines...

I have felt bad for being critical........in a business world this would have been totally unprofessional........

but since they have holy spirit they can come across however they want and it is ok.........

but we are not talking about ousting someone from a job.........it is their very life.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Sparkplug

Re: God's Final Judgment

I have Bad news and Good news. The Bad news is that there will indeed be a final judgment. The Good news is that the verdict is already in. It is NOT GUILTY! (A Course In Miracles, Manual for Teachers, p.38)

Nevertheless, how painful it will be for the elders to remember at that time that they have attempted usurp God's role by judging others. They seem to have forgotten that Jesus advised against condeming others lest they themselves be condemed. The practice of DFing is an organizational maintenance tactic based on Paul's advice to the Corinthians. Jesus was interested in individuals, not organizations.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    This video kind of gave me the creeps. It was the way that the Elder's talk. Is it just me or do almost all Elders in situations like these have that "mild-sad tone" in their speech?

I had the same reaction, Eduardo. The funny thing is that the soft voice is such a facade and drops real quick when they are in their own realm (backrooms). I think the demeanor of both elders would have changed if the same questions had been asked of them when they were not on camera. The anger and cruelty most likely would have been wielded like a "righteous" sword.

exjdub

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

Wed,
    Are you refering to me when you said this? "To those who have said the df person acted like a jerk, I'm sorry for you. You obiviously still pay homage to these men and feel they speak God's words, and have some authority in your life. B/c if you take away that, you will be able to see how arragont they are and how ignorant they sounded. The df person asked simple questions and they could not answer them."

Because what I said was "I think he came across as bitter and a jerk to them" Maybe they deserved it, I dont know the whole situation. Maybe they never knocked on his door before this video and maybe he never got the letters they sent. Maybe they never tried to call him. If they didnt, they were supposed to. 3 letters are for those who refuse to answer the door or phone. My opinion is still that he came across as bitter and ended it by making an issue out of shaking the Elders hand. I can understand why he may not have felt like it but to anyone non JW watching I think he will come across in a negative light. Without a mountain of explaining they would never see the evil behind the dFing policy by watching this video. I worked shift work tonight and while on shift I showed the video to my workmate who knows Ive walked away from the witnesses. He knows they disfellowship people and is curious to find out what will happen with me.
    I told him to watch the video and tell me what he gets out of it. At the half way point he says " man this guy is a jerk" I said, "which one" He said, "the guy filming" Then I said "just finish watching". At the
    end he said "no wonder they kicked that guy out, hes a big jerk!"

I think most who dont really understand how destructful the dfing practices are will view it like this man did. By the way he is 53 and very educated.

I assure you, that just because I dont agree with you exactly Wed. that I am not paying any homage to them and I am not under any mind control. It is ok on this board to have a different opinion isnt it?
    Or do we all have to think the same now? Am I going to be disfellowshipped from the boards for seeing something different? It seems that most leave the witnesses because they want freedom of thought, but still blast others when they dont agree with them.

Surely Im not the only one who feels this way!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

What elder flunky's are like in the backroom off camera Danny's Blog

• dozy
    dozy

A few questions........

Why didn't the DF person invite the elders in?

Why did he lie and say that he hadn't received the letters?

I checked his posts and the DF person says that he has visited several churches and offered to give talks and provide literature that is anti-JW. Did he really expect not to be DF?

I looked at Danny Hazard's site that now hosts the video. Wow! How effective is this aggressive approach in trying to get JWs out of the religion? I would have run a mile!

I felt quite sorry for the elders - they were trying to do their job and had a camera stuck in their face and a sarcastic , taunting individual who clearly didn't treat their visit seriously. How would you ex-elders have handled a situation like this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit