New Video of DF announcement at door

by inbyathread 256 Replies latest jw friends

• billyboy
    billyboy

"My honest opinion is that you came across as bitter, a complete jerk, and a liar, because they know you got the letters. I felt bad for the Elder that was doing the talking."

From a witness perspective , I have to agree - although you will be a hero to many apostates.

The elders were naive - they should have sent the three letters by recorded delivery and should certainly have refused to talk while being filmed. They also handled the whole visit with embarrassing ineptitude.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

One thing that needs to be remembered too, is, that rather than "letting sleeping dog lie", some of the "appointed by holy spirit ones" a.k.a. "elders", are power-mongers. They delight, and often times vie for, the authority they have been vested with by Watchtower. Some give no consideration to the consequences of these perverted judicial rulings they conjure up. I'll say it again, for them to have the audacity to come over announced, in the middle of supper, goes to show just how arrogant they are. Whether they were born into it or not.

My experience in the twenty some odd years stuck inside that cult, was those who vied for, or accepted those postion of authority would never relinquish the "previlege of serving" no matter how bad their decisions were, or the damage they may have caused to someone and their familes.

I've said it before, and I'll take this opportunity to say it again. The elder/taliban arrangement should and very definitely needs to be disbanded. They suck.

Dismembered

• carla
    carla

Maybe people should start filming jw's who come knocking on their doors! just the r & f in service. Have some questions handy, taped to the camera and watch them wiggle. I would love to see how some try to answer the 1914/1919, blood issue, pedophile issue, etc... and see just how many different answers people would really get! Maybe that would be an experiment for a college kid.

• undercover
    undercover
    The elders were naive - they should have sent the three letters by recorded delivery and should certainly have refused to talk while being filmed. They also handled the whole visit with embarrassing ineptitude.

Yet they were being directed by Holy Spirit.

The whole point is that men, not the Holy Spirt, not God, but men...are pretending to have some extraordinary insight into the mind of God and make decisions that affect the lives of thousands of people.

Yes, these elders were naive, as many, probably most, elders are. They were out of their comfort zone, their comfort zone being the back room at the Kingdom Hall where they outnumber you three or more to one. Here they were on someone else's turf, having to play by their rules. And they came across as bumbling, idiotic amateurs. Because that's what they are. But put them back at the KH and they can control the rules and think they are in control. Maybe the Holy Spirit only works when their in the KH.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    My honest opinion is that you came across as bitter, a complete jerk, and a liar.
    Proverbs 18:24—There exist companions disposed to break one another to pieces, but there exists a friend sticking closer than a brother.

Although Jehovah's Witnesses claim the latter clause applies to them, they lie in doing so. Not one single Witness who does what the Governing Body tells them to do can rightly claim to stick closer than a brother. When the two brothers came to tell me they had decided to disassociate me I told them the former clause applied to them, they chose to break to pieces one they called a brother.

1 John 3:10—The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother.

Why would anyone not be bitter about being cut off from life-long friends and family? Why should ANYONE be made to feel comfortable in any way about doing that to someone? If you made it easy on the brothers who told you that you were dead to them because that was your choice, bully for you.

Your description of how you handled their visit to your house strikes me as condoning their behavior and the disgusting unscriptural practices of their religion. You are welcome to coddle their harmful and destructive delusions if you like, but I think it is in poor taste for you to criticize a different choice.

Confoundedly,
    AuldSoul

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

AuldSoul

Dismembered

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

AuldSoul Thanks!!

This is what I enjoy about not being a JW - there is an OPEN discussion about topics.

And you are allowed to have your own opinion.

Man - that's so new to me!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen it yet because I don't have my speakers hooked up at work, but I'll watch it when I get home.

I can't believe those elders consented to being recorded!

Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes for them to get deleted?

W

• Honesty
    Honesty
    From a witness perspective , I have to agree - although you will be a hero to many apostates. Billyboy

Ever wonder why we became apostates?

Inbyathread was accused of the following in absentia:

1 Tim 6:3-5 If anyone teaches other doctrine and does not agree with the sound teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the teaching that promotes godliness, he is conceited, understanding nothing, but having a sick interest in disputes and arguments over words. From these come envy, quarreling, slanders, evil suspicions, and constant disagreement among men whose minds are depraved and deprived of the truth, who imagine that godliness is a way to material gain.

What doctrine was Paul referring to?

Here is a clue Mr. Witness:

1 Cor 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to the Jews and foolishness to the Gentiles.

During almost 20 years of affiliation with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and individual Jehovah's Witnesses the only gospel I ever heard was about a mystical place on earth called Paradise where only followers of the Watchtower Society would be allowed.

Jesus hardly ever received any mention at all. It was all about the Faithful Discreet Slave (translated Governing Body) and be loyal to them because they had been appointed by God to dispense spiritual food.

As long as you support the Watchtower Society you deserve every bit of the reward that you are sowing, Mr. Witness Billyboy.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    Anyone want to take bets on how long it takes for them to get deleted?

REALLY? Does anyone think this may happen? For what reason?

YIKES!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit