Why I'll never see 'Brokeback Mountain'

by yaddayadda 98 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Hmmm ... I saw The Cowboys (John Wayne, Bruce Dern, Roscoe Lee Brown, Robert Carradine) and The Cowboy Way (Woody Harrelson, Kiefer Sutherland, Dylan McDermott, Ernie Hudson) ... but this is one cowboy movie that just doesn't fit my mold. I'll certainly pass on spending money at the box office to see it. I might catch it if/when it hits HBO. Maybe I'm a homophobe, too.

Ahh... it's not a 'cowboy' movie. It's a sheepherder movie. Damned shame when sheepherders have to turn to each other for lovin'...........

Hat and horses don't make a cowboy. I guess Hollywood just wasnt ready to make a REAL sheepherdin' flick, the budget for tall rubber boots would have been staggering...........

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

~Hill

• jstalin
    jstalin
    I don't agree with homosexuality despite what the liberally minded modern society has to say. I don't hate or wish to belittle or harm homosexuals but I can not accept that their lifestyle is natural, and I am certainly not a closet homosexual.

Lol... you don't agree with it. What's to agree with? It's not like there's a question as to whether homosexuals exist.

Surgery is unnatural, so are contact lenses, so is flying in an airplane. Condoms are unnatural and so is the birth control pill. Hmm, what else. Using refined crude oil is unnatural too. Do you disagree with those too?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Surgery is unnatural, so are contact lenses, so is flying in an airplane. Condoms are unnatural and so is the birth control pill. Hmm, what else. Using refined crude oil is unnatural too. Do you disagree with those too?

Sheep are natural..........what's your point?

~Hill

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

To all who "don't agree with homosexuality" -

Don't worry. Check out the article "God's Senator" in the latest Rolling Stone magazine (Kanye West cover).

The Religious Right is going to put a stop to all this gay liberal unchristian nonsense. Pretty soon, the whole of the USA will be just like JW-land, only even more puritannical and oppressive! Sweet!!

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

and the ignorant comments of the year award goes to!

Somewhere in a parallel universe where society and the media are about 30 years behind ours theres a board very much like this one and on that board is a post called "Why I'll never see 'Roots' " Signed off by someone "proud to be a Klans man"...

I guess if there was a move about a guy going to the mountain to screw a bunch of sheep you would be taking up for him to and hating on anyone who didnt think it was normal.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I guess if there was a move about a guy going to the mountain to screw a bunch of sheep you would be taking up for him to and hating on anyone who didnt think it was normal.

- baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

There have been Gay folks about for eons.... What Hollywood is doing here is trying to place a real story... how any love-sex-doubt- personal drama story into a background that would shock the masses. Mission accomplished.

I figure there are gay folks in Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas etc... Americans are not wired to see 2 guys (who aint Villiage People) bangin' butt on a sheep drive.

If they would have set this story in Chicago...about a couple of windowdressers at a Michigan Avenue Department store no one would have watched it.... you can see "Will and Grace" for free ya know.

~Hill

• scotsman
    scotsman
    Im not homophobic, but I turned it off not long after the sex scene. It grossed me out, plain and simple.

The pirated version must have been different to the screened version I saw which had two men struggling about in a tent, clothed.

And for all those that seem to think this represents Hollywoods gay agend, it's existed as a short story by Anni Proux for a few years, why weren't y'all complaining about that being published? Where was your nausea, disgust and disapproval?

Or can't you read?

Some folks just need to get out more.

• slugga
    slugga
    People who dont embrace the gay lifestyle as being the greatest thing since sliced bread are now as bad as racist KKK folks 30 years ago?

No ones asking anybody to embrace anybody else's life style but rather be tolerant toward other people. What I was ridiculing was the fact that the original poster posted his little rant and then signed himself off as being proud to be bigoted.

I see nothing big or clever in having a small mind.

• undercover
    undercover

My biggest complaint with this movie:

Everybody keeps calling it a "gay cowboy" movie. But from what I've read and heard about this movie, the two main characters aren't cowboys, they're sheepherders.

And anybody who grew up with a steady diet of Saturday afternoon Westerns knows that cows and sheep can't share the same land and that cow ranchers hate sheepherders.

So let's call the movie what it really is, a gay sheepherder movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit