ok why havent we got the truth?

by PMJ 127 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

i dont no how many words this will be but jehovahs wittnesses preach the good news that gods kingdom will soon rule over earth.its mankinds only hope

• yesidid
    yesidid

So it doesn't worry you that they lie and deliberately deceive?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    the good news that gods kingdom will soon rule over earth.its mankinds only hope

The WTS doesn't enter into that equation no matter how hard they try to fit their square pegs into the round hole. Nowhere in that statement does it say or even IMPLY that the WTS is mankind's only hope. Only the WTS makes that claim, and they're just a group of fallible earthling men.

Frannie

• observador
    observador

PMJ, if you drive by a place that reads "Literacy for Adults", please enter and ask for more information. Since you write like a 3rd grader, I can't possibly believe that you understand the issues involved in 607 AEC WT dogma.
    Please do yourself a favor: stop worrying about this crazy religion and get yourself some education. You'll be amazed how much that will benefit you.
    Observador.

• TopHat
    TopHat

PMJ, to me, it is simple, GOD and his son Jesus Christ hold the key to mankinds hope.....NOT a few men sitting around making up lies and falsehood to decieve us into believing they are our only chanel and hope to understanting God's word. If you want to know more about the Governing Body, read Ray Franz book..Crisis of Conscience....Read page 333 and how the GB treats those who have a true Christian heart.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    ok why havent we got the truth?

Because the Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus Christ, that's why you do not have the truth.

John 6:53-57 So Jesus said to them, “ I assure you : Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves. Anyone who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day, because My flesh is real food and My blood is real drink. The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood lives in Me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What everyone said is proof enough, however for me I could never get past this:

Every religion says it has the truth. Why are JW's so convinced it is only them and no one else. For the same reason as the other fundamentalists. Indoctrination. When you realise that you will be able to finally think outside what the Watchtower says.

Very few religions are as unloving as the JWs. To only show love to those within the org proves it does not understand the words of Jesus.

Here are Liftons indicators of a cult. Think about them. When you see that every one of them applies to the WTS you will understand they are no different than Mormons, Moonies, Hare Krishnas, communists etc. The only reason you believe you have the truth is the Society has a well formed doctrine based on selective quoting of scriptures, much the same as every other religion.

1. Environment Control. Limitation of many/all forms of communication with those outside the group. Books, magazines, letters and visits with friends and family are taboo. "Come out and be separate!"2. Mystical Manipulation. The potential convert to the group becomes convinced of the higher purpose and special calling of the group through a profound encounter / experience, for example, through an alleged miracle or prophetic word of those in the group.3. Demand for Purity. An explicit goal of the group is to bring about some kind of change, whether it be on a global, social, or personal level. "Perfection is possible if one stays with the group and is committed."4. Cult of Confession. The unhealthy practice of self disclosure to members in the group. Often in the context of a public gathering in the group, admitting past sins and imperfections, even doubts about the group and critical thoughts about the integrity of the leaders.5. Sacred Science. The group's perspective is absolutely true and completely adequate to explain EVERYTHING. The doctrine is not subject to amendments or question. ABSOLUTE conformity to the doctrine is required.6. Loaded Language. A new vocabulary emerges within the context of the group. Group members "think" within the very abstract and narrow parameters of the group's doctrine. The terminology sufficiently stops members from thinking critically by reinforcing a "black and white" mentality. Loaded terms and clichés prejudice thinking.7. Doctrine over Person. Pre-group experience and group experience are narrowly and decisively interpreted through the absolute doctrine, even when experience contradicts the doctrine.8. Dispensing of Existence. Salvation is possible only in the group. Those who leave the group are doomed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

PMJ

gods kingdom will soon rule over earth.its mankinds only hope

Fine start, but it really doesn't distinguish the Jehovah's Witness from the good news that the rest of Christendom preaches, does it? Other than the hope is future rather than present.

Acts 5:42 NIV Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.

Acts 14:15 NIV "Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them.

• TheListener
    TheListener

PMJ,

AuldSoul handles this way better than I but here I go.

Daniel 5:26 is discussing the destruction of

(Daniel 5:26) 26 "This is the interpretation of the word: ME´NE, God has numbered [the days of] your kingdom and has finished it.

So if that scripture references Jeremiah 25:12 which states:

(Jeremiah 25:12) 12 "‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of and against that nation ,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·de´ans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite . . .

Clearly then, the WTS is teaching us that the 70 years relates to . To further show this I have put up a quote from the Isaiah's Prophecy book. The society has added this information to sound the teaching down; you know repetition for emphasis.

*** ip-1 chap. 19 p. 253 Jehovah Profanes the Pride of Tyre ***True, the island-city of Tyre is not subject to Babylon for a full 70 years , since the Babylonian Empire falls in 539 B.C.E. Evidently, the 70 years represents the period of Babylonia’s greatest domination —when the Babylonian royal dynasty boasts of having lifted its throne even above "the stars of God." (Isaiah 14:13) Different nations come under that domination at different times. But at the end of 70 years, that domination will crumble . What will then happen to ?

The only thing left then is to figure out why the WTS says the 70 years ends in 537BCE and not 539BCE?

You could say that this 70 years, Babylon's 70 years of ascension is separate from Israel's 70 years of servitude, but then 2 Chronicles wouldn't make sense because it too references back to Jeremiah 25:12.

(2 Chronicles 36:20-21) 20 Furthermore, he carried off those remaining from the sword captive to Babylon, and they came to be servants to him and his sons until the royalty of Persia began to reign; 21 to fulfill Jehovah’s word by the mouth of Jeremiah , until the land had paid off its sabbaths. All the days of lying desolated it kept sabbath, to fulfill seventy years.

So there you have it. Each scripture clearly cross-references the others (use NWT with references) and the Isaiah Prophecy I book clearly sets forth the Society’s viewpoint that different nations came under ’s rule at different stages.

I’m no teacher and this issue isn’t my specialty but that’s my input .

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

PMJ, the truth is LOVE. It's what the scriptures showed that Jesus, reputed to be God's son, did. He lived his life with LOVE. He taught LOVE. The only thing he condemned was JUDGMENT, which is what the WTS is all about........judgment, NOT love for neighbor, fellow man/woman, family.....just judgment and condemnation. The WTS only gives lip service to acts of love.

"You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole soul and your whole mind. You must love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments, the WHOLE LAW hangs." (approximate rendering from the NWT) Love is kind, the WTS is kind of judgMENTAL.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit