ok why havent we got the truth?

by PMJ 127 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    you dont no if your corrct with your view yet

Absolutism is seeing things in black and white, right and wrong, good and bad. As we've left the Watchtower, so we have for the most part left absolutism. I may THINK I'm right, even think it's very LIKELY that I'm right, but there are few things about which I would proclaim myself absolutely 100% correct.

The Watchtower not having the truth is one of those things, but if you tried to nail me down on the trinity for instance? No way, I'm just not sure. Soul? Heaven? Not sure at all. Blood? I'm 80% certain that it applied to animal blood only, and I'm 100% certain it doesn't apply to transfusions.

Lack of absolutism is a GOOD thing. It means you are open to learning. I would bet if you had something to teach skyman about blood, he would be happy you gave it to him. Will you welcome new knowledge as well?

Dave

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ, I'm sure about this statement:

Jehoiachin (a.k.a. Jeconiah) was exiled in 597 BC after a three month and ten day reign. The identical sources that prove 539 BC was the time for the destruction of Babylon the Great prove that 597 BC was when Jehoiachin was exiled and that 609 BC was when Nabopolassar destroyed Harran.

#1: If you don't know what I'm talking about then you haven't done NEARLY enough studying to personally know for sure about any ancient dates.

#2: If you don't know that Jehoiachin was exiled BEFORE Zedekiah began to rule, which means 607 BC is impossible as the date of Jerusalem's destruction, keep digging. You'll get there as long as you stop believing everything they tell you.

I'm guessing 17 years old, and male. PMJ, how old are you?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

PMJ, you said to me : thank you for that and i tottaly agree but you don' totally agree.

See, the method I told you about, the KISS method...does not require you to search and figure

dates, etc. All it requires is your simple faith in God, in Jesus Christ; and your following the

rules that they gave us. Read Matthew, the Sermon on the Mount. All the principles we need are

there. WE DO NOT NEED TO FIGURE DATES AND TIMES ETC. Loving your neighbor and God

encompasses everything we need. By loving them both, we will act the way we need to and we will

be with God forever after. No where did Jesus teach us about blood issues or figuring dates!

Be true to yourself and open your mind,

Peace.

AJ

• skyman
    skyman

Boy you are wrong. I know I am right, about blood and everyone that goes up against me has learned the truth from the Bible about blood. I want you to know something i was going to let my daughter die and the State of Washington got a court order. I know now I almost let my daughter die because, I was a fool that believed what I was told from the Society. This Blood letter of mine was sent to the Society and they asked me not to share it with others. THAT IS THE G** D*** Truth. The Society knows that they are wrong about blood but can not get out of it with out destroying the Organization at the same time. I sent you the Letter, look at it and I want you want to debate it here before the world. If it is GODs organization you not a thing to fear. Blood is not like 1914, or the UN it is clearly blck or white true what the Society say's or not.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

isn't it odd that when it comes to false prophecies, the Watchtower is quick to say they are only human and make mistakes. Yet, when it comes to burdening their congregation with numerous Do's & Do Not's, they are God's organization and if you don't accept their teachings unquestionably, then you will be reprimanded or shunned. Seems like they are only humans that make mistakes when they choose to be. But when it comes to Birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July....they've 100% right? Please...give me a break. I think they are just cheap and don't want to buy gifts. hahaha How can anyone accept in good faith the hypocrisy that runs throughout? PMJ, do you realize that out of the 4 people that translated the NWT of the Bible, not one was a Greek or Hebrew scholar? Isn't it odd how they have added words and taken away words from Scripture that don't suit their theology? You need to base your beliefs on the Bible, not change the Bible based on your beliefs. Isn't it interesting that every reference to Christ being God is twisted to ambiguity?

• avishai
    avishai

Here's a thread disproving 607 using the society's OWN LITERATURE!!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

• PMJ
    PMJ

ok skyman man i will read what you sent me.you seem a nice guy who loves his family and i respect you for that.please dont take me wrong like im against you im just chating over a computer.is that were you live washington state?im moving right near there portland oregon im in england right now thou

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

PMJ,

You're getting there.
    Now apply your pointed wit in the same way to the WTS.

Theo

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    isn't it odd that when it comes to false prophecies, the Watchtower is quick to say they are only human and make mistakes. Yet, when it comes to burdening their congregation with numerous Do's & Do Not's, they are God's organization and if you don't accept their teachings unquestionably, then you will be reprimanded or shunned. Seems like they are only humans that make mistakes when they choose to be. But when it comes to Birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July....they've 100% right? Please...give me a break.

Nicely put, Kristofer. That's a very good and very valid point - how can the WTS claim to be 100% correct all the time when it comes to their rules, but "only human" and therefore prone to "make mistakes" when their prophecies are wrong??

Then again, they have that nice little safety net called "New Light" that they use when they change their rules and doctrines, and they just don't have that when their prophecies are wrong. At least when they decide that they want to change their rules, they can claim that it's "New Light" and that they weren't "wrong" before, they're just "more right" now. Ya kinda can't do that when you're been preaching about the date of Armageddon for years and then it doesn't happen.

Just an opinion.

-Becka :)

• Shazard
    Shazard

PMJ can you read PLAIN Scripture? Here is Jeremia (Daniel is reffering to him): Jer 25: "Because you have not listened to my words, I will summon all the peoples of the north and my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon," declares the LORD, "and I will bring them against this land and its inhabitants and against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy [a] them and make them an object of horror and scorn, and an everlasting ruin. I will banish from them the sounds of joy and gladness, the voices of bride and bridegroom, the sound of millstones and the light of the lamp. This whole country will become a desolate wasteland, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon

seventy years.

" Now question, what about Jeremia is talking... about land and all surrounding nations or about Jerusalem. And if Daniel is reffering to Jerusalem, is he reffering to Temple, City or Israel. Is allways "Jerusalem" the city?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit