• scholar
    scholar

Auld Soul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    not saying every thing is or has all ways been right because we live in a imperfect world with imperfect people.

You answer your own question. Yes we do live in an imperfect world, with imperfect people; how does that relate to the Watchtower Society? They claim to be the "channel from Jehovah", do they not? Yet again and again they have been wrong. You cannot have it both ways. Jehovah is never wrong, therefore it logically follows that his "channel" would also never be wrong. Since the WTS has been wrong, they cannot really be God's "channel."

That is why you do not have the "truth."

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    There is no doubt nor can there be any doubt that Jehovah's Witnesses are the True Religion under the leadership of the Faithful and Discreet Slave as foretold by our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. Certainly our Organization has made a few mistakes in the past but this is in harmony with the principle stated in Proverbs 4:18.

Oh.....but m'dear.....there is MUCH OVERWHELMING doubt and PROOF otherwise. Only a fool would believe your statement.

• bebu
    bebu

PMJ, I am inserting an answer to the subject question, OK, why haven't we got the truth? and not to the subdiscussion going on.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/103058/1784938/post.ashx#1784938

I posted this for another JW (defd) a little while time back. He has not replied to this at all. I doubt any JW can give an answer that God could accept.

In my view, this would be of itself sufficient to answer the question why JWs don't have the truth.

bebu

• PMJ
    PMJ

SCHOLAR I NO WE HAVE THE TRUTH I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE SEE THEY ALL HAVE MANY EXSCUSES FOR LEAVING THE TRUTH THEN HANG ON TO ANY NEGATIVE THING THAT PULLS THE WATCHTOWER DOWN

• scholar
    scholar

Auld Soul

The Jonsson hypothesis as found in GTR,2004, pp.111-13 discusses this particular Royal Inscription as a report on the accession year and the beginning of the first regnal year of Nabonidus. Jonsson claims that this document establishes the total length of the period of Nabopolassar to the beginning of the reign of Nabonidus. This inscription mentions a period of 54 years which is thus interpreted by Jonsson as including the last five years of Nabopolassar, 43 years for Nebuchadnezzer, only two years for Amel-Marduk and 4 years for Nabonidius = 54 years.

The difficulty of this approach is that the reign of Amel -Marduk is uncertain for Josephus assigns 16 years for this king so there is a problematic 14 years gap. This difficulty is further proved that there remains a twenty-year gap between Bible Chronology and Neo-Babylonian Chronology. This means that secular chronology based upon such records and the Ptolemy;s Canon is notoriously unreliable and unsuited for the purposes of chronology as attested to be chronologist Edwin Thiele.

scholar JW

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    SCHOLAR I NO WE HAVE THE TRUTH I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE SEE THEY ALL HAVE MANY EXSCUSES FOR LEAVING

We aint never gonna see. Were too far gone. De debil got us. Why do you insist on preaching to people who you KNOW wont respond. Were apostates. Dont you follow the rules they tell you at Kingdon Hall? When I was a witness we werent supposed to talk to apostates because they were tricky and could twist the truth.

I guess you are too clever a witness to have to follow those rules. The society only invented those rules for weak witnesses who couldnt make a good defense of the truth.

• scholar
    scholar

Sunspot

You also make a bold claim so where is your proof that we do have have the Truth and thus are not the True Religion. If you say we are not the true religion then your comment implies that it lies elsewhere so what then is the true religion and have you found it?

scholar JW

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    what then is the true religion and have you found it?

Scholar, what if there isn't one? Does the bible dictate that we should be looking for the TRUE RELIGION? NO, it does not.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit