ok why havent we got the truth?

by PMJ 127 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Ahem! I asked about the significance of the Hillah Stele as it pertains to the subject you raised and you bring up "Ptolemy's Canon"? Why? The Hillah Stele (Nabon. No. 8) relates to the Ptolemy Cannon in what way?

I am speaking specifically of the contents of the Hillah Stele, we'll get to how it relates to other elements of Ancient Near East history after this is first established. I am not asking for the Jonsson hypothesis, or his work, or his opinions. You seem plenty capable of doing your own work and forming your own opinions.

What DO YOU SAY about the Hillah Stele? What does it contain, when does it date from, etc. I am not Carl Jonsson and neither are you. Please accord me with enough respect to carry on a dialogue on this subject speaking from YOUR OWN prespective of the matter. If you have no opinion on Ancient Near East chronology beyond what the WTS says, you can't have an independent opinion of the contents of the Hillah Stele because it is not mentioned ANYWHERE in their publications.

However, it is a pivotal archeological find and critical to any modern debate over dates of events in the Near East during that period. In fact, it is the prime reason for the certainty of the year of Babylon's fall. How is the document dated? What is the degree of accuracy regarding the date?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    If you say we are not the true religion then your comment implies that it lies elsewhere

That is a logical flaw.

Stating a negative does not necessarily imply that its inverse is true.

Can you explain why saying that one thing is false means that you know what the truth is?

So an investigator can only state with certainty that a suspect didnt do it if he knows who did do it? I think you need to play Cluedo a bit more.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I NO WE HAVE THE TRUTH I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE THESE PEOPLE SEE THEY ALL HAVE MANY EXSCUSES FOR LEAVING THE TRUTH THEN HANG ON TO ANY NEGATIVE THING THAT PULLS THE WATCHTOWER DOWN

PMJ,

If the tower can be pulled down, will that prove to you it isn't true? If everyone who believed it was true stopped supporting it financially, would it stand on its own?

You, and others like you, try to hang on to any positive thing to try and push it up. Under its own weight it would crumble, without support from people like you. I'm just now starting to jump on the top of it, but I'm gaining weight with every bounce. I hope when the weight gets to be too much you will have the sense to get out from under it.

Respectfully
    AuldSoul

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Jesus said "He was the Truth and the Way." The apostles preached "Jesus". Not a religion. Im getting tired of the Prov 4:18 crap. When Jesus converted Paul, did he have to go through a long bible book study program with increasing light. Don't think so. I've never seen anywhere in scripture where Jehovah's true servants said "Wait a minute we are getting new light now". After Jesus did away with the old covenant he instituted 2 rules to live by, not the 144,000 rules the Borg has now.

• TheListener
    TheListener

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I put up what I consider the post of the century (except for some big news posts) and I don't even get Scholar or PMJ to respond!!!

Aw come on that is certainly not fair.

Someone should have said "Wow Listener what an awesome post you have just totally redefined my belief system" or PMJ or Scholar could have at least acknowledged what I wrote and called me a fool, but no, no one even read my stinking post.

Good day sirs (and madames)

• scholar
    scholar

Frannie Bannanie

That is the coward's way out to simply ignore the issue. Did not Jesus refer to the Truth?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Auld Soul

I have acknowleged your question so if you want a discussion of this Inscription then why not post the entire translation of it on this board and then we can discuss it. I brought up the subject of Ptolemy's Canon because that is what Jonsson does by comparing that data with the inscription. If you need to understand the relationship then you should read Jonsson's comments on it. Jonsson is the only source that makes a big deal of this inscription and its claimed effects upon WT chronology. As you pretend to know something of this inscription then post the entire translation of its contents and we can proceed together in cedlebrating this interesting find.

scholar JW

• lawrence
    lawrence

Scholar-

I took 2 months off the board to finish my collected poems (1975 - 2006) and I am greeted by your pablum and foolishness - some things never change. Sure Jesus spoke of the Truth, the Truth of what HE was speaking - not the lies and vacillations of the Anti Christs i.e. the Unfaithful and Indiscreet Masters (surely not slaves). You amaze me in your arrogance, as the forces in Crooklyn amaze me in their haughtiness and their desire and ability to "lord over." Only 28 years until 2034, or maybe a new prognostication will echo out of Brooklyn Heights!

Regards to the rest of you and a Happy New Year!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Q. why havent we got the truth?

A. Because no one does. The truth about the existence of the supernatural world, the origin of the universe, and the meaning of life is unknown. It is fine to believe and have faith in beliefs, but to claim assuredly, "we and only we have all the answers", is arrogant and dishonest.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Scholar:

Because the dating method for the Inscription is not part of the translation. Why don't you explain what know of the dating method used in this case? You do KNOW how it is dated, don't you?

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit