ok why havent we got the truth?

by PMJ 127 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PMJ
    PMJ

dont tell me 586bce is a fact it isnt no chronogy is.seen as you have resarched this so much i thought you would no this its a mans iterpation of tablets.he may be a exspert but exsperts can be wrong

• TD
    TD

How about the entire Revelation-Climax book? Revelation was first century Judeo-Christian apocalyptic, written about early Christianity and the politics which surrounded it.

It has nothing to do with new printing presses being installed in Brooklyn 1900 years later. This strange attitude has led to enough ridiculous interpretations to fill a whole book.

What do the lamps of fire and glassy sea picture? (Rev. 4:5,6)

The fullness of the enlightening power of the holy spirit upon the "John" class today which beams forth in The Watchtower magazine

What does the blowing of the first trumpet picture (Rev. 8:7)

The second Cedar Point convention of 1922

What does the blowing of the second trumpet picture (Rev 8:8-9)

The 1923 Los Angeles Convention and the resolution that was passed

What does the blowing of the third trumpet picture? (Rev. 8:10-11)

The 1919 appointment of J.F. Rutherford and Co. over all the Master's belongings

What does the blowing of the fourth trumpet picture? (Rev. 8:12)

The 1925 Indianapolis convention and the resolution that was passed

What are the three "Woes" that accompanied the blowing of the fifth, sixth and seventh trumpets? (Rev 9:1- )

The locusts = Bible Students who swarmed forth from inactivity in 1919 and "stung" Christendom by exposing its lies

The cavalry = Bible Students who rode forth from the 1927 Toronto convention and proclaimed the "death" of Christendom

The kingdom becoming the kingdom of our Lord = Christ enthroned as king in 1914

What does the "Little Scroll" picture? (Rev 10:8-10)

The sweet and bitter message given the John class (J.F. Rutherford & Co.) in 1919

What does the 1260 days of prophesying by the two witnesses picture? (Rev. 11:3,4)

The preacing from 1914 - 1918 including publication of The Finished Mystery, distribution of The Bible Student's Monthly and Kingdom News

What does the killing of the two witnesses picture (Rev.11:7-10)

The imprisonment of Watchtower officials in 1918

The Bible was not written to, for and about your organization. Your entire approach is wrong, wrong, wrong.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The topic is "why haven't we got the truth?" and I think it would be well served by going over the blood issue. There's only so far to go with 607 before you hit a "that's what I believe" wall and that's that. You part friends, but there's nothing provable that both sides take as authority.

Blood, on the other hand, is clearer. There's less wiggle room, and you can stay in the Bible. You don't need to pit history against scripture.

PMJ, please take skyman up on his offer. Not so much a challenge as an exploration of the subject.

Dave

• skyman
    skyman

He is a run away again guys

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ,

It isn't about an expert looking at tablets. Maybe you would be helped by understanding that the Watchtower belief of 539 BC being the year for Babylon's destruction comes from those SAME experts studying the EXACT SAME tablets.

There is NOTHING in the Bible that points to a specific year for...well, anything. All the years in the Bible are based on timing of events relative to certain king's regnal years. So, other secular sources are need as reference points to START the timing of the reigns from.

The Watchtower Society claims that secular and Bible chronology agree on 539 BC, but that is a lie. Bible chronology never points to 589 BC for anything. The date is arrived at purely from the SAME secular experts that they later call into question. You have been lied to. They have intentionally misled milions of people with these lies. You are not alone.

The Babylonians used astronomical observations to pinpoint times to specific years, whereas the Bible writers did not. In many cases the observation the noted could not reoccur within 1200 years. In one case, an entire year is charted with such detail that the full pattern wouldn't repeat within over 7,000 years. That means, if the timing was off at all, it was off by 1200 to 7,000 years. Highly unlikely. You see? You have relied on Witness dogma, and you don't know these facts because you haven't studied them out. You don't know what you are talking about because you believed their lies.

I hope you stop fighting and start digging. I wish you were spending more time studying to see whether we are telling the truth instead of posting here.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

"LOL i ment coke a cola wow you made a big thing out of somthing that wasnt.and man get over my spelling if you dont like it then dont post on my topic its as simple as that"

PMJ,
    It is YOU who is making a big thing out of something that wasn't, is not, and never will be...

You said you used coke. Now what are we to make of that?
    The bible says to abstain from blood. What are we to make of that?
    The WTS says not to take a transfusion. Should we perhaps read something else into that as well?
    Is the fact that you have trouble in the spelling department, with good reason perhaps, the reason you do not get the proper message from what is being - in all sincerity - said in the postings to your query?

LOL

Theo

• PMJ
    PMJ

skyman i havent run away.you said so your self you dont no if your corrct with your view yet you try and get people to beleaive in it.so how are you diffrent from the watchtower.please tell us all?

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

PMJ, you said : thank you for that and i tottaly agree but you don' totally agree.

See, the method I told you about, the KISS method...does not require you to search and figure

dates, etc. All it requires is your simple faith in God, in Jesus Christ; and your following the

rules that they gave us. Read Matthew, the Sermon on the Mount. All the principles we need are

there. WE DO NOT NEED TO FIGURE DATES AND TIMES ETC. Loving your neighbor and God

encompasses everything we need. By loving them both, we will act the way we need to and we will

be with God forever after. No where did Jesus teach us about blood issues or figuring dates!

Be true to yourself and open your mind,

Peace.

AJ

• TD
    TD
    skyman i havent run away.you said so your self you dont no if your corrct with your view yet you try and get people to beleaive in it.so how are you diffrent from the watchtower.please tell us all?

Oh good grief..... Skyman is not the one arguing for an exclusionary position on a medical treatment even when life is at risk. Therefore the burden of proof is not upon his shoulders. The burden of proof is upon the claimant (In this case the JW's)

• PMJ
    PMJ

Van Gogh go chop your other ear of mate.and while your at it take a look in the mirror my spelling isnt as good as yours but my looks are way better.ive resorted to being rude because you are constantly giving me a hard time when there is no need for it.a lot of people on here no my spelling isnt great but they have got over it you do the same.and dont forget that mirror mate just make sure you dont cut your self when it cracks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit