To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

scholar

I have some questions for you.

What if we are right? Think about it.

What if everything we say is true?

You say someone in your family was abused. What if that could have been prevented?

What if the terrible trauma that was inflicted on your family could never have happened because someone stopped the abuser before he or she got to your family?

What if the person who abused your family member was able to continue the abuse because no one stopped him?

How many victims does it take?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Scholar-

You speak in broad strokes, and you can't prove what you pontificate. You take your premises on trust without seeing the inner workings of your org.

I offered you specifics that satisfy requirements of proof in the courtroom.

WHO is deluded?

• avishai
    avishai
    If such people truly care about this issue and refrain form a making a lot of noise then perhaps they could engage in a more profitable work of spiritual healing and education

And this is EXACTLY the attitude that allows molesters to run free in the cong.s and keep moelesting.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm really glad that people like Scholar come to the forum because it serves as a great reminder of WHY we left. Thank you, Scholar!

Nina

• avishai
    avishai

Edmund Burke:

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

Elie Wiesel:

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.

The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.

And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference

Helen Keller:

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings.

Paulo Friere:

Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral

And a great paraphrase of these quotes from the film Boondock Saints"

We must always fear the wicked.

But there is another kind of evil that

we must fear the most, and that is

the indifference of good men

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Apostates have an agenda and that is to destroy God's corrupt Organization, so full of means of deceit, trickery and controversies.

How right you are!

Btw stillconcerned isn't, and never has been, a JW so for all your claims you have few excuses not to respond to the nice lady.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Kimberlee,

You take your premises on trust without seeing the inner workings of your org.

The sad thing is that Scholar's attitude, rather then being based on an ignorance of the workings of the WTS actually reflects the icy hearts of those who lead the WTS. Scholar has been a JW for decades and well knows how the machinery works. He is just prepared, as are the Governing Body, to sacrifice the individual for the 'greater good' of the Organization. He actually thinks that his God will bless him for his dismissive disregard of those, whom if the Bible is to be believed are wrapped in the tears of Christ.

His attitude is a very common one at the icy altitudes of the WTS leadership. It is based on the Old Testament instructions to 'feel no pity' towards one enemies, even if these happen to be small children who have been wickedly dealt with by their seniors.

I have to say that his opening post, rationalizing the way his masters handle the whole issue of child abuse, is among the most morally repulsive I have ever read on this Board. But then what do I know? I am after all an 'apostate' whose eventual purpose in life is to receive a gory end at the hand of the WTS Christ.

Best regards - HS

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

excellent words avi

Nina What really sickens me is not the beliefs that scholar posts here but the reality that I used to be just like him.

I did not leave the WT society because of dontrinal issues. I didn't leave because I thought I thought they were wrong. I believed just as whole-heartedly that to wait in Jehovah was the best ting to do.

It sickens me that I used to be like that.

What eventually got me to leave was the thoughts of suicide to be free of abuse. The abuse as a child, the abuse at the hands of an elder/husband and the abuse of an orgainzation that prefers to do whatever it can to preserve their pretense of a "good" name over the bodies of women and children who have been abused for years.

It is my hope that by continuing this thread, others who "need to know" are reading and something will get through to their hearts.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have to say that his opening post, rationalizing the way his masters handle the whole issue of child abuse, is among the most morally repulsive I have ever read on this Board.

I Agree 100% Hillary

• greendawn
    greendawn

When so many children complain about sexual abuse then there is obviously a problem and the two witness rule is absurd. OK even if a few children would lie about it the vast majority would not.

Again the problem here seems to be money, because such cases are widespread the WTS may end up paying enormous sums of compensations as the catholic church did, so they are obviously endevouring to keep it all under the carpet by once more misusing the bible with to push the two witness rule. All child abusers make sure that there isn't around one witness let alone two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit