To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'd just like a little clarification regarding this quote:

former GB member Leo Greenlees was a homosexual child molester

And I don't want to overly detract from the purpose of this thread. Does "homosexual child molester" mean that he only molested little boys? Is the distinction homo/hetero even needed, if he was a paedophile. I can see if that statement is argued from the view of a JW, that him being a "homosexual child molester" makes him a terrible "homosexual + child molester".

I think most gay men would not see this guy as being homosexual, but as a paedophile.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

If I remember correctly, Leo Greenlees was a homosexual AND he had a taste for young boys. Probably today he would be referred to simply as a pedophile.

Nina

• bem
    bem

IMHO The important points that can be gained from this thread has not ran it's course.

~ Dorothy

• scholar
    scholar

Lady Lee

As I have stated earlier to you I will not be responding to the nutters and those crawling like termites from their holes in order to plead their case with me. I will only speak to you alone on this subject in order to give some kindly counsel and empathy. Many of the nutters on this board responding do not speak from personal experience and have not had victims close to them but are simply jumping on the apostate circus with evil intent.

Whether it is in right way is a matter for them and not for you or I, it is their business and responsibility and they have work under the Lord's direction. As a result of this firm and loving stewardship the congregations of the Lord;s sheep world wide are known internationally as a clean and moral people.

You say or claim that Society fail to act. How do you know this to be a fact? Or are simply interpreting matters according to your own dictates or eleying upon outside opposing influences?

Apostates do indeed strive to craft and construct propaganda mischievously designed to befall the ignorant, weak ones who are easily stumbled. This characteristic of apostasy is not new but was practiced in the early church of the first century and prospered right up to the present. A careful academic study of apostate literature covering wide-ranging fields is of special interest to me as a scholar of Religious Studies so I speak with experience and considerable knowledge. The presence of apostasy as a evil slave confirms the existence of a faithful slave at this time doing the Lord's work in accordance with the Master's directions. Such apostasy confirms that only Jehovah's Witnesses represent the true God used by him to announce the present reign of the Kingdom.

In regard to Raymond Franz perhaps you read in entirety what he has said about the matter and your view of such matters is not what I have read but that does not mean that he has not now presently changed his mind.

You list some gripes about Rutherford, the Blood issue, and alleged forms of abuse but I reject totally such nonsense for what you are seeking is unreality, the impossible. God's orgainzation on earth by very definition must be imperfect, sometimes foolish and prone to error but what other organization can and does the Lord use to feed his people spiritually, loyal to God's Word, promote the highest moral code of ethics and preach the Gospel none other but Jehovah's Witnesses clear evidence of the fact that they alone are the people of faith and of God.

What you must remenber as Raymond Franz well put it : We are all victims, we are all victime of sin as Paul wrote to the Romans about creation groaning. When bad and trajic things occur to us which is our lot then we seek help, turn to God and simply move forward onward with our lives being scarred for all to see. That is reality until the New System comes wiping away such scars and the blemish or stain of sin.

Apostates have as their sole aim not to help people out of concern or love otherwise they would be preaching a better Gospel which in fact they lack, their concern is to hinder and obstruct the holy work of the good news. They do Satan's bidding by casting lies against God's people and using at every opportunity lies , half-truths and quaint deception. Their evil works are clearly manifest even to scholars of Religion.

I repeat, the real cause for abuse needs to exposed and people educated so that they can lead full, happy and spiritual lives and this is what we do. We help people.

scholar JW

is the our

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    the nutters and those crawling like termites from their holes

Dear me, I think I've been insulted! Oh yes, THAT will convince me that the Witnesses have the truth, that they're a loving brotherhood only interested in the welfare of the people.

Scholar, you're a piece of work.

Nina

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Many of the nutters on this board responding do not speak from personal experience and have not had victims close to them but are simply jumping on the apostate circus with evil intent.

I speak from personal experience having handled Judicial matters involving Child Abuse and also done much shepherding work trying to comfort victims. the WTBTS ( we as elders etc.) had a policy at one time of sweeping matters under the carpet because we did not want to bring reproach upon Jehovah - so please Scholar - GET A CLUE - I think you are the nutter if you fail to believe otherwise. As i have said about you before - if the FDS said black was white -you would also claim black was white

Whether it is in right way is a matter for them and not for you or I, it is their business and responsibility and they have work under the Lord's direction. As a result of this firm and loving stewardship the congregations of the Lord;s sheep world wide are known internationally as a clean and moral people. -- "Scholar"

What a load of horse feces! Excuse my French, oh learned one, but my personal experience is that the members of the cult you advocate are neither clean nor moral when compared to the general population. Although not statistically valid as basis for evaluating your claims, my own congregation would be an excellent example. Of the "brothers" my age in the congregation, only one of 5 avoided prison. So much for the "clean and moral" people whose cult you choose to advocate.

Apostates do indeed strive to craft and construct propaganda mischievously designed to befall the ignorant, weak ones who are easily stumbled. -- "Scholar"

Actually, it is the Watchtower corporate cult that "craft[s] and construct[s] propaganda michieviously designed to befall the ignorant, weak ones," which is another reason they've admonished the flock of pigeons to avoid getting an education, a despicable act motivated by their greed.

You list some gripes about Rutherford, the Blood issue, and alleged forms of abuse but I reject totally such nonsense for what you are seeking is unreality, the impossible. God's orgainzation on earth by very ;definition must be imperfect, sometimes foolish and prone to error but what other organization can and does the Lord use to feed his people spiritually, loyal to God's Word, promote ; the highest moral code of ethics and preach the Gospel none other but Jehovah's Witnesses clear evidence of the fact that they alone are the people of faith and of God. -- "Scholar"

I find it incredibly humorous that anyone who represents his or her self as being a "scholar" would make a statement as ridiculous as this one. If your god is indeed as omnipotent as the JWs purport him to be, would he choose an organization known for making stupid, reckless predictions and foolish interpretations of the bible as his representative on earth? Highest moral code of ethics? You mean the ethics like those they displayed in advocating for Jimmy Swaggart's interests, when they claimed that "every" Jehovah's Witness is a door to door proselytizer, notwithstanding the obviously falsity of this claim? Or how about the hypocrisy they demonstrated by being associated with the UN at the same time they denounced it? If that's what you call the "highest moral code of ethics," I won't be trusting you for anything.

Scholar, you provide great laughs, but nothing of sufficient intellectual value to support the name you've chosen to post under. You should change that name to "apologist," which is more aptly suited to your activities on this board.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

scholar

Many of the nutters on this board responding do not speak from personal experience and have not had victims close to them but are simply jumping on the apostate circus with evil intent.

scholar if you had read carefully, many of the posters on this thread have been victims themselves. They have every right to have their say.

That being said I do find the one-on-one a better and more direct approach at times.

Whether it is in right way is a matter for them and not for you or I, it is their business and responsibility and they have work under the Lord's direction. As a result of this firm and loving stewardship the congregations of the Lord;s sheep world wide are known internationally as a clean and moral people.

We are getting into territiory where we will not agree. The governing body which has set themselves as the sole mouthpiece of God seems to provide "firm and loving stewardship" to the pedophiles rather than the children. Christ himself said not to prevent the children from coming to him. The WTS however stands like the apostles did between the children and the Christ in their attempt to hinder them from approaching Christ. And Christ rightly rebuked them.

Lord;s sheep world wide are known internationally as a clean and moral people.

This is applicable only to JWs. Thje rest of the world sees the hypocracy or really don't care one way or another. Some how the org known as Jehovahs' Witnesses are a legend only in their own minds.

You say or claim that Society fail to act. How do you know this to be a fact? Or are simply interpreting matters according to your own dictates or eleying upon outside opposing influences?

Oops You are right. Sorry. They do act. They act to protect the abusers and their own name. They do nothing positive, loving or helpful for the victims. This was my personal experience, the personal experience of my aunt and my sister. It was also the experience of many who have posted here. I have absolutely no reason to doubt the veracity of their histories. As one who has been there and knows about this issue personally and professionally I know the ring of truth when I hear it.

Apostates do indeed strive to craft and construct propaganda mischievously designed to befall the ignorant, weak ones who are easily stumbled.

scholar. There is no reason to "craft and construct propaganda" The WTS provides enough information to show what they truly are all by themself without us creating it. It is not propaganda to tell the truth. It is not propaganda to show the WTS true self. In fact even the WTS themselves recognize just how foolish most of their teachings have been that they put it into a legal document designed to get Quotes to remove his website off the internet. I had to shake my head that they actually admitted that much.

This characteristic of apostasy is not new but was practiced in the early church of the first century and prospered right up to the present. A careful academic study of apostate literature covering wide-ranging fields is of special interest to me as a scholar of Religious Studies so I speak with experience and considerable knowledge. The presence of apostasy as a evil slave confirms the existence of a faithful slave at this time doing the Lord's work in accordance with the Master's directions. Such apostasy confirms that only Jehovah's Witnesses represent the true God used by him to announce the present reign of the Kingdom.

I will never ever be convinced of that.

In regard to Raymond Franz perhaps you read in entirety what he has said about the matter and your view of such matters is not what I have read but that does not mean that he has not now presently changed his mind.

But then that does not mean that he has not now presently changed his mind

You list some gripes about Rutherford, the Blood issue, and alleged forms of abuse but I reject totally such nonsense for what you are seeking is unreality, the impossible. God's orgainzation on earth by very definition must be imperfect, sometimes foolish and prone to error but what other organization can and does the Lord use to feed his people spiritually, loyal to God's Word, promote the highest moral code of ethics and preach the Gospel none other but Jehovah's Witnesses clear evidence of the fact that they alone are the people of faith and of God.

OK this really gets me. If God's orgainzation on earth by very definition must be imperfect, sometimes foolish and prone to error then how can you say at the same time they are imperfect but you must believe every word they say.

what other organization can and does the Lord use to feed his people spiritually, loyal to God's Word, promote the highest moral code of ethics and preach the Gospel none other but Jehovah's Witnesses clear evidence of the fact that they alone are the people of faith and of God

Propaganda at its best. NO one except a JW would fall for this. I know some very wonderful, kind, generous, moral people are not JWs. JWs have been taught they are the ONLY ones. Well they aren't. To condemn people just because they are not JWs is exactly what Christ warned the scribes and pharisees about. I think the term he used was "white'washed graves" It is my belief that this best identifies the WTS today.

When bad and trajic things occur to us which is our lot then we seek help, turn to God and simply move forward onward with our lives being scarred for all to see. That is reality until the New System comes wiping away such scars and the blemish or stain of sin.

I tried that for years. It doesn't work. It has never worked. Not for the hundreds of people I have worked with and spoken to and not for any person who has posted here. Moving forward takes much more than prayer. And sitting waiting for God to fix it - well I have 2 dead family members. That certainly didn't work for them.

Apostates have as their sole aim not to help people out of concern or love otherwise they would be preaching a better Gospel which in fact they lack, their concern is to hinder and obstruct the holy work of the good news. They do Satan's bidding by casting lies against God's people and using at every opportunity lies , half-truths and quaint deception. Their evil works are clearly manifest even to scholars of Religion.

Have you personally asked anyone why they speak out about abuse? I have. If you have read any of their stories you can plainly see that exposing so much of our past is not to sling mud at the WTS. It is not to get pity. People share their stories because they hope that it will help at least one person and show them they do not have to live filled with the pain that we have.

I repeat, the real cause for abuse needs to exposed and people educated so that they can lead full, happy and spiritual lives and this is what we do. We help people.
    And sir that is what I do at every opportunity. Every single day.
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Rummaging around in the archives I found this priceless bit of information

Awake! December 8, 2004 page 28 Watching the World

According to Mexico city's justice department, 1 in every 8 girls and 1 in every 10 boys are victims of sexual abuse in Mexico city, reports EL Universal newspaper. The justice department is distributing pamphlets that warn parents about sexual abuse and recommend the course of action that should be taken in the event of actual abuse. The recommendations include the following: (1) Believe and support your child when he or she is being sexually abused. (2) explain to the child that he or she is not responsible for what happened. (3) Inform the child that what happened is against the law and that it is necessary to report it to the police so that it will not happen again.

So the WTS quotes a Mexican newspaper that talks about what the victims need while denying the same need to their own victims and do not follow the procedures to tell the brothers and sisters what should be done when child abuse happens.

hmmmm Makes one think, doesn't it?

• scholar
    scholar

Lady Lee

Many of the nutters have not been victims so my comments refer to such ones as all they do create mischief.

The Society has always demonstrated in interest in all peoples including children by means of Bible education coming to know the true God and His Son.

The world sees things different to you, they do not like us but they respect our cleanliness, integrity and love of God's Word.

Indeed the Society by means of the congregation. elders and God's Word serves as a haven from falsehood, vileness and the wiles of the Devil. We dwell in peace and security.

Apostates continue to create and craft devilish propaganda designed to deceive and the stumble the weak and the witless for they cannot succeed without propaganda based upon half-truths and lies.

The reality is that God has always imperfect humans to accomplish his will by such means God is glorified and this will be the ways of things until perfection is divinely restored. Our Organization alone stands as a beacon of truth, hope and faith and if you know of another truth then please let me know because I would be much interested.

Yes I have read many such stories but how factual are they? Many of which are one sided designed to put us in bad or negative light or such stories are manipulated by our opposers to serve biased agendas.

Yes we too continue to advance people spiritually, emotionally and physically by means of Bible education and the New World so near

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit