To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Stilla,

With Scholar - I am really angry -It still amazes me that people like him can be so heartless and toe the Watchtower line - truly disgust and upsets me.

Scholar well understands horizon of the WTS, but falls down badly on the foreground. Even the WTS manages a manicured passion, a plastic disgust, even a filtered sort of reason when it presents itself to the world. It is after all a practiced survivor of public criticism and bobs around like ancient sewage in its world of carefully filtered half-truths. But I am quite sure that even staunchest supporter of the WTS would be rather dissapointed with the moral stance of Scholar in this thread.

Not that they would disagree with the essense of his ammorality, not in the slightest, but they would certainly make a shocked pretense at his brutal delivery.

As I say, I am sure that he was recently re-appointed as an elder and is trying to prove as much to himself as to those those who de-throned him. If this has to happen on the misery of raped children, so be it. I may be wrong of course - about his re-appointment I mean. He may of course just be the way he is, rather like the relative that you would prefer to hide under the stairs.

HS

• avishai
    avishai
    As I have stated earlier to you I will not be responding to the nutters and those crawling like termites from their holes in order to plead their case with me

Oh, thank you scholar, for, rather than responding to the articles that I posted, you called me a nutter with a personal apostate agenda.

FYI, Tyler Davidow is my brother, and, gee, he MUST be lying, especially afterwards when his molester admitted to molesting dozens of other kids and was convicted later of doing same...Yep, I must be crazy. the night terrors and screaming that he endured EVERY NIGHT were OBViOUSLY just the attempts of a four year old apostate to discredit Jah's org. Same with the screaming of several friends of mine of the same age.

All that apostates have done is to stir up and muddy the waters over this issue using it as a vehicle for lies and slander, their interference has achieved nothing for victims as they do not offer any spiritual help which is the best kind of assistance for such victims

Oh, yeah, you are SOOOOO right! The spiritual guidance, I.E "We'll take care of it." and "We keep these things quiet" and "If you say anything about htis to the cops or ANYONE else, you will be df'd, and "You're son is damaged goods, I would'nt touch him with a ten foot pole." That's GREAT counseling for a victim and his family!!!

Go out in service, give more $$$$ to the society and pray alot!!! That's also good counsel, especially to a recently widowed mother and her children!!! Give us more money for a hall, you can afford it, your hsuband just died, and you have a TON of money!!!!! Oh, but we don't want to help you move, we have to go in service, how dare you ask!! Besides, your children are BAD!! Why, they disrupt meetings because your autistic son and his baby brother start loudly crying because they're daddy is dead, and, wow, c'mon, it's been a whole SIX MONTHS!! Don't they know he'll be resurrected?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ya know hill, it's like this (and I KNOW you know this but I want to ramble a bit)

I think the more they have to bury those pinpricks of conscience, that say there is something wrong here, the more they have to defend the stand they have taken. I posted earlier about my mother. She has given over 40 years of her life to the WTS. She expected to be in the new system way back in '75. All 5 of her children have turned their backs on the WTS. She is old, getting sick and is alone.

I think the more they sacrifice, in time, in family, in career, in health, in just living a good life, the more they have to defend the rightness of their decision.

And I suspect the JW apologist who comes in here (and stays to try to show us the error of our ways or somehow in their minds they think they are giving a "good" witness) has to fervently defend the choice they have made. Maybe they believe: if I just hang on one more day, one more month, one more year and the end will come.

I'm typing this and thinking - this is addiction! Like a gambling addiction - checking the odds to see if this time you win. After all, if you have given up so much, there has to be a payoff - doesn't there?

But like any addiction, it never pays off. You lose your life, your family, friends. All for the dream of the payoff. And in the end you have broken dreams.

The only thing worse than giving up 40 years of your life for a dream that never comes is giving it all up for 40 years and 1 day.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If one has paid a lot of premiums/payments into a life insurance policy , one loses money if one cashes in early - so the only solution - keep on paying the premiums/installments - that seems to be the mentality. I have put so much of my life into the WTBTS, I cant cash in now.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A wise player:

knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away knows when to run.

I always liked that song

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That is the other way and may I say correct way of looking at it Lady Lee, sadly many JWs can;t seem to do it - perhaps because they have never played poker!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

If you think about it, Jehovah's Witnesses, who pride themselves on their great faith in "waiting on Jehovah" are in reality showing no faith at all. They don't have the faith that their all-powerful God will judge them on an individual basis but instead rely on a group of men to tell them what to believe, what to think, what to say and what to do in abject fear that if they don't follow all of those man-made rules they will be destroyed at Armageddon.

It takes more faith to walk away and say, "God, I trust that you know my heart and my motives and will judge me in love. I trust that if I'm doing the wrong thing you will let me know."

Nina

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nina

Amen to that

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt - because this thread is so important

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

looks like scholar has left the building

Share this