To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Lee,

I don't get it really!

We've got these dudes posting here, like scholar and david, who clearly aren't going to change their blind faith in the Borgmeisters - they keep on popping in, seeking to defend the "Evil Slave" (F&DS), as if they were doing their masters a good service, yet all along they are disobeying their masters by joining an "apostate" discussion board for which they could be DF or at least "dealt with" by a judicial committee.

I just don't get 'em.

Maybe it's just to yank our chains?

• avishai
    avishai
    Maybe it's just to yank our chains?

Nah, scholar is too much of a fanatic to be a creative chain yanker.

• gumby
    gumby

Have you ever wondered WHY he ONLY gets involved in a subject that is a major part of the foundation his Organisation is based on? 1914 would be a toughie to lose. He can't defend "The Faithful and Discreet Slave since Pentecost" theory because there is no records to back it, but he knows he has a shot at his precious date that is muddled in history books with open ends he assumes exists. Perhaps he's an AUTHENTIC apologist for the Big Boys.....who knows.

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have this feeling that they actually believe they are immune to apostates because they have Jehovah's blessing which allows them to come to websites where they are not supposed to be and that they are giving a "fine witness" to any lurkers.

What they fail to see over and over is that there is no defence for those who protect abusers. There is no defence for the organization to allow children and wives to be abused. There is no defence to allow children to die because the rule of the day says "No blood".

There never is a defence and deep down they know it. But the dissonace is great and they have to submerge the fact that they know there is no denfence. There is no way they can come here and day after day have the real truth presented to them and not have it wear on their minds and hearts. So they become silent. How many have come and gone over the years?

It is a courageous person who can look at the real truth and can take a stand.

Sadly the WTS does nothing to help build true character in people. It teaches them a set of questions and responses. No thinking is required.

Sad. Truly sad.

I look around on this board. I have read and seen so many wonderful posts made by people who can stand up to their beliefs. Almost all have been JWs at one time - even those who were never baptized. They don't disappear when the questions get hard. They don't offer memorized responses. They think with their minds and hearts. The list of awesome minds here blows me away. And I am so glad they were able to examine what they were taught and are prepared to really defend their beliefs.

How sad that the WTS does not value real thinking abilities. But then, if they did none of us would be here.

• gumby
    gumby
    What they fail to see over and over is that there is no defence for those who protect abusers. There is no defence for the organization to allow children and wives to be abused. There is no defence to allow children to die because the rule of the day says "No blood".

There is no defence for outright bloodguilt and causing divorces either. They have KNOWINGLY caused deaths by false doctrine and later reversed policy that would have spared those lost lives. They have allowed divorces then later made that same divorce unscriptural.

If they change child abuse policy and ALLOW alledged victims or the victims parents to first contact authorities even though the accused denies abuse and they are not to recieve reprocussions from elder bodies for doing so, they will also be again guilty of needlessly disfellowshipping all those who reported the matter after being told to 'drop it and leave it in Jehovahs hands'.

Gumby

• sandy
    sandy

If it didn't happen to me I would probably say the same thing as you, scholar. I didn't report it to the elders until I was already an adult, but nonetheless the elders were very wierd about the whole matter.

My abuser admitted the abuse and apologized to me. But the elders made it clear that they were disfellowshipping him for his drinking problem and not child molestation.

They said too many years have gone by and there wasn't anything they could do as far as punishing the abuser for child molestation. Can you believe that!!!

This shocked and baffled me for quite awhile until Blondie and Lady Lee both clued me in on the matter. The elders will do whatever they can (at the urging of the FDS) to hide abuse within the congregation. They tried to hide the sexual abuse and they had a cover story, Alcoholism. Blondie informed me that when a person is disfellowshipped the elders have to report the offense, in writing, to headquarters. I don't have the "hard copy" but I am sure they only reported alcoholism to the "society"

I don't know about you but I think Child Abuse is far worse than getting drunk in the privacy of your own home each night.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sandy.... As an ex elder, I am sure that there is no reason why a "gross sin" commited many years ago, and now admitted , should not be the subject of a disfellowshipping action - if the elders wanted to, that is. The covering up of it for many years is a further sin that compounds the wrongdoing. So I am saying that I agree with your thinking on the matter - they could have used it if they wanted to. It sounds to me as though they took an easy option.

As for the J W apologists, I can only say that I would not believe the many allegations of child abuse either, when I first came on this board. And by that time I was already virtually out. It took the BBC Panorama programme to convince me that a cover up was going on. I always remember Bill Bowen's taped call to the Legal desk in Brooklyn and they told him to forget the allegation.

It just seems impossible to believe, if you are within that organization , and so easy to write it off as one of "Satan's lies"

BTW . My sincere best wishes to all those who have been personally involved in this issue and have the courage to speak up.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

thanks, BB...

kdn

• stillconcerned
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

kdn

I sure hope you aren't holding your breath waiting for scholar to answer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest