To scholar: re: child abuse

by Lady Lee 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So, scholar, do yiou have any of those encouraging words for the young girl raped and sodomized by her brother in my neice's congregation?

She was finally helped to tell the elders, who promptly talked her out of talking to the police; the brother was reproved for touching a different sister's leg.

He has fondled and digitally penetrated 12 other girls, all now df'd or drifted away.

Do you have any words for me? I was "stumbled" out of your truth by finding out about this and hundreds of other instances, where the story was the same: no 2 witnesses, no crime.

ADDRESS THE ISSUE: DO YOU ENDORSE THE 2 WITNESS POLICY OR NOT?

Don't be such a gutless little sheep.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Look he's just trying to get a rise out of people. That's all. He's found himself boxed in so he's resorting to trying to push people's buttons in the hopes that the evil, wicked apostates will call him names so he can feel virtuous and superior. Notice also the deliberate, and repeated, references that he will only talk to LL. This is his attempt to 'shun' apostates.

I've seen this a thousand times before and it happens only when a fundamentlist religious sectarian finds themselves cornered, they find their simple teachings do not answer all questions after all, so they resort to the more emotional aspects of their sect in an effort to console themselves. Of course he's reading everything, he can't help it. After I confronted my parents with their abuse, they tried in good JW fashion to shun me while at the same time obsessively asking anyone and everyone for any little detail about my wife and I.

I'm curious Lee. You've been starting threads about cult behavior and cult mindset. Forgive me, but I don't recall the name of the book, but do the authors cover this sort of behavior? Part of me is fascinated, in a train wreck sort of way, with this person's behavior. First in continuously posting on an obviously disapproved site, but then when the argument is defeated, resort to such dysfunctional behavior.

In all candor this is the sort of thing that makes me wish I were 18 again and could start college studying psychology (I'm sure I could speak far more intelligently about the subject than I do now in my poor ignorance). I am fascinated more by why people do the things they do, and the more dysfuncational the behavior the more my curiousity grows. This thread and scholar's behavior is a great example. Just the idea that someone could have such monstrous behavior in their own family, hear of several others relay their experience and they do not allow any of it to make any impact is an indication of how bereft of the positive human side (what someone once called the 'fruitages of the spirit).

Chris

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

The presence of apostasy as a evil slave confirms the existence of a faithful slave at this time doing the Lord's work in accordance with the Master's directions.

A perfect example, should one need one, of circular reasoning.

Neil, you have embarrassed yourself beyond measure in this thread, and I will leave it to others to punch numerous holes in your silly little posts. They are an easy target but imho they are just not worth the effort.

I would however suggest that you sober up, it is quite obvious from your sentence structure, grammar and spelling that you have been dallying with the Vodka again. Critical thinking is not in your arsenal at the best of times, but this thread has proved to the whole online XJW world who are reading this thread that your pathological amorality is without any defence. Next time, make sure that your bicycle has a saddle attached before you take it out for a spin, lest public humiliation become a habit.

From a 'termite' who once rescued a young, overdosed JW impregnated by her Ministerial Servant brother by reporting matters to the police and who was then threatened with shunning by the London Branch for not informing them first - to a 'nutter' who seems to set his moral compass by the messages found on the back windows of dirty trucks.

HS

• scholar
    scholar

hilary_step

Embarrasment I do not mind and yes because of earlier posting on chronology I have become a little weary, hence some small errors. Afterall, termite I am not but a mere puny human of sin and imperfection trying to do one's best in defending Christian values and virtues. Critical thinking I embrace into my bosom and it also is my master, sadly for apostates its absence is most apparent.

scholar JW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

BT

Notice also the deliberate, and repeated, references that he will only talk to LL. This is his attempt to 'shun' apostates

I've been wondering about that too. I know I started the discussion but I am a little curious why the desire to address only me?

I'm curious Lee. You've been starting threads about cult behavior and cult mindset. Forgive me, but I don't recall the name of the book, but do the authors cover this sort of behavior?.

I'm using the book Captive Hearts, Captive Minds but it will be published under a new title Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships. The book deals with cognitive problems, intellectual impairment, defense mechanisms, rationalization, doctrinal issues before the needs of the person, and a lot more. Although the book never once mentions the WTS or JWs everything they say about cults fits the WT/JW mold.

In all candor this is the sort of thing that makes me wish I were 18 again and could start college studying psychology (I'm sure I could speak far more intelligently about the subject than I do now in my poor ignorance). I am fascinated more by why people do the things they do, and the more dysfuncational the behavior the more my curiousity grows. This thread and scholar's behavior is a great example. Just the idea that someone could have such monstrous behavior in their own family, hear of several others relay their experience and they do not allow any of it to make any impact is an indication of how bereft of the positive human side (what someone once called the 'fruitages of the spirit).
    As we go through the book I'm sure we can make use of this discussion as an example of what the mind controls do to a person and why it is so hard to help them think outside of the controlled mindset.
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I've been wondering about that too. I know I started the discussion but I am a little curious why the desire to address only me?

Ah but where's the fun of shunning if the one being shunned doesn't realize they are being "punished"? As I mentioned above, my parents did this to me little realizing that I was avoiding them more than they were me. Still and all, little games such as this one ignores a very real problem. Thousands of children are being hurt every day in sects like Jehovah's Witnesses, and other orthodox fundamentalist sects. The very nature of their closed society keeps the law from intervening and helping putting a stop to horribly monstrous behavior. It falls to people like HS above, who finally listen to their conscience rather than a spirit directed organization. The very least we can do is to shed as much light into that darkness. 40 years ago, I would have given the world for adults to care so much.

Despite it all, I truly believe that good is stronger than evil.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Part of me is fascinated, in a train wreck sort of way, with this person's (SCHOLAR'S) behavior. First in continuously posting on an obviously disapproved site, but then when the argument is defeated, resort to such dysfunctional behavior.

SICK AND PERVERTED -however, it is not impossible of course, that Scholar himself was abused and is in permanent denial as his way of dealing with it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have only one last thing to say (here at least)

scholar

According to the WT policy which you continue to support children should be raped, sodomized and defiled to make some kind of statement that God's organization... what was it you said? Oh yes

so that:

• The Society has always demonstrated in interest in all peoples including children by means of Bible education coming to know the true God and His Son.
    • The world sees things different to you, they do not like us but they respect our cleanliness, integrity and love of God's Word.
    • Indeed the Society by means of the congregation. elders and God's Word serves as a haven from falsehood, vileness and the wiles of the Devil. We dwell in peace and security.
    • Our Organization alone stands as a beacon of truth, hope and faith and if you know of another truth then please let me know because I would be much interested.
    • Yes we too continue to advance people spiritually, emotionally and physically by means of Bible education and the New World so near

So children can be raped, sodomized and defiles so that the world will know the WTS and JWs educate the world. People will then know how the organization is filled with cleanliness, integrity and love. Let's not forget that you added that the society serves as a have from flasehood, vileness and the wiles of the Devil.

I have to wonder how secure those children feel in their beds at night. I know I never felt secure in my own bed or in my own home. Come to think of it I was always safer when I was with worldly strangers

Oh your last point: well just so you know I was not cared for spiritually, emotionally or physically. And you forgot one. I wasn't cared for sexually either. Nor was my aunt and little sister.

Yup you describe the organization well. Thank you for the wonderful "witness"

scholar - you have no idea how bad this looks to non-JWs. If the WTS and you believe this is caring for the flock, I can tell you that you are very sadly mistaken. It is a huge black mark across the policy that does so little to protect those who need it the most - the children

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Scholar is on the run folks.

He has no real evidence with which to counter all the questions and real life experiences, of those of us damaged by the wbts. So he runs away from the real issues and relies on his verbal cascade of nonsense.

When he realizes he is only embarrassing himself he stoops to attacking the messengers and not their message.

What a pitiful man.

Outoftheorg

• scholar
    scholar

Lady Lee

My post is only addressed to you because you invited my input and you are a victim so out of compassion for you I have made that decision.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit