belbab

Nathan Natas,

Thanks Nathan for the quotes on Candor

candor

One entry found for candor.
    Main Entry: can·dor
    Pronunciation: 'kan-d&r, -"dor
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French & Latin; French candeur, from Latin candor, from candEre -- more at CANDID
    1 a : WHITENESS, BRILLIANCE b obsolete : unstained purity
    2 : freedom from prejudice or malice : FAIRNESS
    3 archaic : KINDLINESS
    4 : unreserved, honest, or sincere expression : FORTHRIGHTNESS <the candor with which he acknowledged a weakness in his own case -- Aldous Huxley>
    alt

To Quotes: King of Candor

To Watchtower: Masters of Deception, Darkness, Dullness, Dishonesty, Prejudice, Malice, Unkindness, Insincerity

belbab

• TopHat
    TopHat

AND I was just looking for a quote in the Witchtower this morning...

Where they the GB say they are the mediador between you and Jehovah...anyone have that quote?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou Peter !!!

Yours was the first site that really opened my eyes and mind to the Watchtower Lie. It was the first step on a long journey to mental freedom. Words can't express the gratitude I have for you and all you have done to help others like myself break free from the mind-numbing effects of an organisation that claims to represent the God of the Bible yet, in reality is motivated by greed and power.

Bob Evans

Walland, TN.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You are a good man Quotes in this fight against Watchtower tyranny. They can do all manner of evil against us, but the internet assures that the information will always be out there and it will be available. Their paranoia will only make them look absurd as every time they try something like this there will be many press releases and interviews with radio, etc. The witchhunt tactics of Jaracz and others did not scare me at Bethel and do not now. They are a dying breed while we are the new crusaders of truth and free thought. Hats off to ya!

Randy Watters

Bethel Witchhunt in 1979-1980: http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/toons/cabeen.htm

Net Soup! http://www.freeminds.org

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Here is someone who will very interested to learn about the abuse, The Big News, and now this latest action taken by the WTS against Quotes.

Jay Sekulow, Attorney, speaks about the protection of religious freedoms in America.

American Center for Law & Justice

http://www.aclj.org/

http://www.family.org/welcome/

http://www.family.org/welcome/press

• Quentin
    Quentin

Going to miss that site...my daughter made use of it to research for a term paper...you did good my friend, they didn't win a thing...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Here's a good one, regarding candor and making mistakes...from the Awake 2/8/73, pp 3-4, an article titled The Wisdom of Admitting Mistakes:

In contrast to such bad examples we have very good ones where faithful servants of Jehovah God freely admitted their mistakes, the record of which bears testimony to the honesty and candor of the writers of the Bible. Moses recorded his mistake of losing his temper on one occasion, resulting in his being denied entry into the Promised Land. (Num. 20:7-13) There was also Job, who, while insisting on his integrity, had made the mistake of being more concerned with his own vindication than that of God. Admitting it freely, he said: "I talked, but I was not understanding . . . I make a retraction, and I do repent in dust and ashes."—Job 42:3-6.

Of course, admitting we made a mistake is the right, honest and decent thing to do. But it is more than that. It is also the course of wisdom. For one thing, admitting to having made a mistake is a lesson in humility. This, on the one hand, protects us from the snare of pride, which is ever ready to entrap us. And, on the other hand, the humbling experience of admitting we made a mistake may well serve to make us more careful so that we will be less likely to make that same mistake again. Wisely we are warned: "He that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed [with God], but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy"—by God and by God’s servants. Yes, the very confessing of our errors will aid us to leave them.—Prov. 28:13.

Admitting to making a mistake is the course of wisdom in that it builds in us strength and self-respect. Failure to do so is cowardly, and serves to weaken us morally, making it likely that we will continue to make the same mistake.

Further, admitting a mistake is the course of wisdom because it makes for better relations with others. When we refuse to admit we have made a mistake, we outrage the judgment of others; and they will conclude that we are either too proud, or dishonest, or too stupid to recognize that we made a mistake—all of which may well cause a barrier to come between us and those around us. Then, again, if we are willing to admit we made a mistake we will find ourselves more ready to sympathize with others when they make mistakes.

Most important of all, admitting a mistake will keep our relations with our Creator in good condition. Thus King David, by repeatedly and quickly admitting his mistakes, retained good relations with his God. King Saul, however, was reluctant to admit his sins; he preferred giving excuses, and was rejected.

Yes, in addition to the fact that to admit having made a mistake is the honest thing to do, it is also the course of wisdom. It helps to keep us humble. It also helps us to keep our self-respect and makes for better relations with others.

~Merry

• belbab
    belbab

Yes but Merry,

The words you quote are only for the rank and file. The Faithful and Disgreed slave has already taken the beam out of their own eyes, in 1919, eighty-eight years ago, when they were only twelve years old.

Thanks for finding the article.

belbab

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Belbab,

The words you quote are only for the rank and file

You're right...boy, do I feel foolish. I keep forgetting about the validity and necessity of upholding double standards. Thank you for correcting me

~Merry

• gumby
    gumby

Imagine if the Catholic Church decides it has had enough of being criticised and maligned in the pages of WTS publications, and wants to return the favor.

I like this idea!

Suppose we contacted the proper Catholic spokesman concerning this? Like the U.N., the majority of influential men within it, .....no little of the smut the Organisation talks on them. If all the ugly quotes against the Catholics were sent to the proper person/s, perhaps we could get some Catholic backing. They hate the dubs as bad as the dubs hate them.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit