WTS vs Quotes: Requiem for a Research Web Site

by Quotes 201 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Thanks, Belbab, for such poetic beauty during this requiem. Especially to Quotes, as the source of that inspiration.

And to you WT (expletive), "It ain't over till it's over". Thank you for that, Yogi.

Fats

• belbab
    belbab

Ok, this time the practical.

Who can find references where the WT has shown that Satan's world always obliterates the past.

One tyrant replaces another, and destroys all writings, monuments of the past.

Think of the atrocities of Stalin, Kruschev arrives and topples his statue.

The WT always claimed that the Bible was God's word because it was written with candor, it always revealed the mistakes and errors of His people. The Watchtower always claimed that they do likewise. This claim is written somewhere, in books like, Equipped for Every Good Work

Every thing sealed and hidden shall be revealed.

I do not have access to WT archives, and I have to rely on those who do.

belbab

• Now What?
    Now What?

Quotes, sorry to see the site gone. But for what it is worth, your site helped me gain my own 'sight' into the contradictions of the WTS. So in short, you helped save my life. I am sure I am not alone in that sentiment either.

Thx for all your hard work on it. And as has been said, it was NOT a loss at all, but a terrific gain to many. The WTS is on the run, lurking for other 'underground resistance'. It's a great sign me thinks that they are are sweating it.

Best of all good things to ya!

NW?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh man, I teared up when Blondie said this,

The WTS may try to re-write history but they can't re-write us.

That site was a great resource. I'm going to miss it terribly.

Did you at least have fun with the radio interviews?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Quotes

I am sorry that it has come to this but I am not really suprised.The WT is big and powerful with very deep pockets.If your name was Bill Gates the outcome might have been different. You have fought the fine fight and in my eyes and of many others you have been a success.

The WT is nothing more than a large ..corrupt business that deserves to die.This is one more nail in their coffin.THANK YOU for your efforts.

POZ.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Quotes, I had no idea you`re site was shut down. But at least now you`ll get them off your back for a while (I assume). You lost the battle, but the war rages on. All the info is out there on the internet. All the information you had on your website, can also be found on jw-files.com. What was great about your site, was that the info was presented in a way that really showed their two-faced nature, flip-flopping etc. On jw-files and similar sites, a person has to actually use his head, to see what you so brillinatly presented on your site. But it`s the internet, and they can`t control the info. It`s only a matter of time before a similar site surfaces somewhere. Good luck to you, and merry christimas.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

peacefulpete, I just wrote the Human Rights Watch regarding the subject of Free Speech and the Internet:

Hello, You may already be aware of this information, however in hopes of protecting future endeavors of a similar nature I wanted to give you an opportunity to speak out about the right to publicly criticize teachings and about the right to provide means by which research can be done that will facilitate rational decision making. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/98096/1.ashx The first post on this link is a claim made against a Web site that did exactly that. The grounds for the suit were baseless, however the site owner did not have funds to wage a protracted Intellectual Property battle in court, and therefore had to settle out of court. As part of the terms of settlement, he had to surrender the domain to the Corporation that brought suit and make his site "dark" (that is, destroy all online contents, destroy all copies in his possession, and destroy all source materials from which the site derived). You can read the full details here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/104279/1.ashx Sites which operate similarly to the defendant's will be springing up in the next few months, and it is expected that similar responses will be undertaken by the organization that boasts:

In his book These Also Believe, Professor C. S. Braden writes: “They [Jehovah’s Witnesses] have performed a signal service to democracy by their fight to preserve their civil rights, for in their struggle they have done much to secure those rights for every minority group in America. When the civil rights of any one group are invaded, the rights of no other group are safe. They have therefore made a definite contribution to the preservation of some of the most precious things in our democracy.” Freedom-loving people are hard-pressed to understand why some governments and religions would withhold this freedom from their people. It is denial of a basic human right, and many people throughout the world suffer under suppression of this freedom. Will attitudes toward freedom of speech, even in countries that enjoy this basic right, continue to swing back and forth like a pendulum? Will the idea of freedom of speech be used to justify immoral or obscene language? Already the courts are struggling with the controversy. (July 22, 1996. Awake!. p. 5. "The Historical Development of Freedom of Speech".)
    How can a citizen expect to do legal battle against a multi-billion dollar per annum Corporation? Where will we find a champion to protect us from this fiendish hypocrisy? How can we make the public fully aware of this outright attack on free expression? I submit this situation to you for your review, and I hope to hear from you regarding this matter. Any advice you can offer will be most appreciated. Respectfully,
    Myreal Name I will post any responses I get here. Respectfully,
    AuldSoul
  • belbab
    belbab

I wish to take this opportunity to wish Ken Little, Glen How and Associates

a Happy Festival of New Light and a bright, bright future in the coming year.

May your exuberance over your success in blacking out in darkness the past writings of your kingdom not overwhelm you,

Remember, the perpetual year text of the ones you have damned,

Let him who thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall.

belbab,

PS. Give my warm Christian love to Stan Szostak, Gib Sallis, and any other old timers there who may remember me with fond memories.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

QUOTES--You do rock!!!!! Thanks for rocking the WTS boat. From here on out the waves are just gonna keep building, getting stronger and rougher...there's a big storm a brewing and even they don't have enough money to ride this one out, safe and secure in their reinforced lies, cos they did it to themselves. Do whatever you need to do to live your life free of their tyranny. We support you and your wife in moving onTHANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE.

AuldSoul:

peacefulpete, I just wrote the Human Rights Watch regarding the subject of Free Speech and the Internet:
    I think that is an excellent letter. I am wondering if you, or someone else, would find it appropriate to send that, or something like it, to Forum 18 as I have noticed them publicizing the struggle of JWs in other lands to gain freedom of religion. I think they should know about this OTHER SIDE of things...the DARK SIDE of the WTS, if you will. Here is what Forum 18 is about:

About Forum 18

Every person has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right includes the freedom to change religion or belief, and the freedom to express – either singly or together with others, and either publicly or privately – one's religion or faith through teaching, practice, worship and ritual.

The right to believe, to worship and witness
    The right to change one’s belief or religion
    The right to join together and express one’s belief

1. Aim: Forum 18 is an instrument for promoting the implementation of Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and concentrates on serious and obvious breaches of religious freedom, and particularly on situations where the lives and welfare of individual people or groups are being threatened and where the right to gather around one's faith is being hindered.
    2. The Board of Forum 18 will arrange at least one annual conference or convention, which is to be open to representatives of churches, organisations, free groups and individuals. Financial support for such conferences or conventions will be sought primarily from external sources.
    3. Tasks:
      1. Raise and co-ordinate interest and engagement in issues of religious freedom.
      2. Give moral and practical support to victims of violations of religious freedom.
      3. Influence public opinion and the authorities towards the implementation of all the elements of Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
      4. Gather and make accessible information on serious violations.
      5. Gather and make accessible information about individual people, groups, churches that have campaigned effectively for freedom of religion.
      6. Be a driving force for getting important issues into the media.
      7. Frame and find resources for projects that can monitor the human rights situation and provide reliable information, if necessary in co-operation with other similar organisations.
      8. Promote and arrange support for research projects that throw light on violations of religious freedom and their causal circumstances, besides obtaining knowledge about situations where religious freedom is violated.
      9. Contribute advice and guidance to missionaries and aid workers in exposed areas.

The members of the Board of Forum 18 are:

Jostein NesvågChairman
      Ed BrownSecretary
      Per Ove Stige
      Eva Olsvold Sandar
      Are Mjanger
      ~sincerely, Merry (whose relatives are still captives)
    4. Quotes
      Quotes

Beans said it best, when he recalled that I said I would be happy if I helped just one person exit the group.

From the posts here (and from numerous PMs I have received over the past months and years), I can see that my site helped many, by simply providing information both by and about WTS. And that makes me truly happy, on this grey Christmas Eve.

Thanks for all the accolades, but I'm no hero. I'm just a guy that had an idea and a penchant for orgaznizing and classifiying information, and making it easily available. If this is all it takes to scare WTS, then they are truly in serious trouble. Their old-style business paradigm will not stand the realities of today's information age. If I could cause them trouble without even trying hard, in my spare time, imagine what will happen if a well funded group decides to pick up the cause. Imagine if the Catholic Church decides it has had enough of being criticised and maligned in the pages of WTS publications, and wants to return the favor.

~Quotes, of the "Dark" class

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit