WTS vs Quotes: Requiem for a Research Web Site

by Quotes 201 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Your outcome is what I had predicted would happen. It's not about justice....it's how much justice can you afford? Your $100,000 estimate for pre-trial was probably too low by half. It would have taken $ 200,000 or more.

Lawsuits are not about discovering the truth, or finding out about breaking the law.....it's a lawyers game. A stacked deck. They are a billion $ per year enterprise against you Quotes....making what? $ 80,000 a year? For them....this is just the cost of "doing business". For anyone ever involved in a lawsuit they will even tell you it's not the money. It's the overwhelming day to day grind of the paperwork, motions, and discovery requests that bury them. Also, if you file a lawsuit here in America it will take you about 5 years to work your way from discovery, to depositions, to trials, onto appeals. Who should give these bastards 5 more years of their life?

Quotes you did a good job! You've lived to fight another day. There is no need to run headlong into a hurricane as one man. The information will continue to live on as I know many people downloaded the information. Good for them.

And for you WTBS monitors - how do you sleep at night? Huh? Really.....how do you sleep? Hypocrites! May you burn in the 7th gates of hell forever for your evil patronage of the WTBS. Shame on you!

• gumby
    gumby

*stands behind enigmabastard and shouts...."thats right you bastards"*

Gumby

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

5 years???

Naw, that is just for any NEW cases! Don't forget that there are ALEADY many, many cases of abuse in the works right now.

And with the ADDED new tool of the 'Big News' at their fingure tips, well, I trust you get the drift!

NewLight2

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well done for doing your part in the fight! You've assisted a great crowd which no man was able to number, to escape through a tribulation brought upon them by a publishing corporation.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Will they go after Simon or Randy next?

My thoughts, exactly! Quotes, if anyone ever needed evidence that Watchtower was a heinous organisation it has just proved itself by trying to cover over its past. Far from shutting up the voice of truth it has united those of us who cry out for freedom and made us all the stronger in our resolve to expose Watchtower for what it is and to help break free those who are suffering, mainly in silence, to get out from its subjugation. Another nail has been hammered into Watchtower's coffin by its own making and, far from sitting here with sadness, I rejoice at the fact that just one person - YOU - scared the pants off them and take immense comfort that unitedly we are winning our war against them. Whatever happens from here on they cannot erase the past, which ALWAYS has a habit of catching up. The skeletons in the closet are jangling loud and clear and are being heard throughout the world. Our voice is becoming ONE voice and it is accepted as being more reasonable by more and more people. People like you have helped achieve that and that is something to be mightily proud of. CONGRATULATIONS! Ian

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Thanks Quotes,

Your site really help me.

I used your site many times to search the equivalent information in Spanish, and I published that information in spanish forums.

Cordially,

Ginosko

• atypical
    atypical

I hate to be the 1,000th person to say this, but:

Quotes, you were singlehandedly responsible for flipping the switch in my mind that once said the organization was pure and upright. I was too afraid to read any site that contained "apostate" views, but I was not afraid to read yours. And that's because you were smart enough to use the wtbts' own bs against them. You used the self control to remain silent and let them bury themselves. It worked; it was the words I read from their own publications that damned them in my mind.

I truly am mourning the loss of your website today, and I expect the feeling will last. I hope very much that we can figure out a way to post the information in various locations or in a way that the wtbts cannot attack.

Good luck to you and your wife. Best wishes in moving on; feel proud about the good you have done.

• Gerard
    Gerard

The interesting outcome is not that Quotes got shut down, but that the WT has shown -rather assertively- its vulnerability to their own odd writtings. Wonderful Christmas present to us, Peter, if you ask.

Watchtower monitors: You can shut down a web site, but you can't shut down the internet!

• startingover
    startingover

So I don't log on for a day and I am relegated to the 5th page. The outcome is not unexpected but I am glad things were resolved. I hope the 3 1/2 months didn't take too big of a toll on you and especially your wife.

But now that it's over I know a tremendous weight has been lifted. I wish the best to you and your wife. Thanks for all your efforts. WT monitors: I have copies of the original complaint and also the settlement which I will not hesitate to use to show what a bunch of hypocrites you are. I am totally ashamed that my family can't see you for what you really are.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Peter,

This is the best of all possible outcomes for all your hard work.

We will now be able to get press coverage unavailabe before.

The motivation is there to make your work more available than we dreamed possible.

The only thing I have questions about is, How did people with such limited foresight ever pass even one law exam?

Thank you and regards to your wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit