WTS vs Quotes: Requiem for a Research Web Site

by Quotes 201 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hats off to you, Quotes!!!

YOU HAVE WON, BIGTIME!!

What the WBTS has done to you, Quotes, will come back to bite them a million times over, when "The Mighty Apostates" that the Watchtower fears so much continues to expose the LIES that have been printed by their OWN printing presses throughtout their history!

"The Mighty Apostates" will unite, and in so doing, will cause those same printing presses to 'go dark' just as the WBTS has ordered your web site to turn its lights out.

What they have done is to throw but a teeny-tiny grain of sand at a VERY large nest of hornets! The hornets are now MAD and will sting the WBTS until it withers and falls to the ground.

"Mighty Apostates", Let the lawsuits against the WBTS begin!!

NewLight2

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I have taken measures to discuss theoretical solutions to problems such as this in a more private setting for those who are interested. If you are a well-established member here, PM me if you would like information.

SNG

• Simon
    Simon

Well done on making exactly the right decision - there is no point anyone pouring any more of their life and assets into the WTS and moving on is what we all should do.

That is the ultimate way to harm them, for people to say "hey, remember Joe Bloggs? He left the WTS a few years back ... I heard he's doing great."

Thanks for hosting such a great site Quotes. It was very valuable to me when I was leaving the WTS and I'll always be indebted to you for that.

• carla
    carla

Sorry you had to go through all of this and thank you for all you have done. damn, I didn't download it, wish I had.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Isn’t is interesting that the WTS that has persecuted you to the point of destroying your web site, also complains
    about the Catholic Church’s practice of burning books several centuries ago. What is the difference between
    Catholics and JWs?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Thank you quotes for all those years you had the site up.

I think you did the exact right thing.

This whole case proves how the WTS thinks about freedom of speech.

Danny

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In the words of an old song

Said, if you’re gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right.

You got to know when to hold ’em, know when to fold ’em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table.
    There’ll be time enough for countin’ when the dealin’s done.

Now ev’ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin’
    Is knowin’ what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
    ’cause ev’ry hand’s a winner and ev’ry hand’s a loser,
    And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

There truly is no defeat here Quotes. You have done what you could and now others will follow in your footsteps. It takes a smart man to know when to "fold 'em" We all need heros. And you, sir, are a hero.

Sometimes the WTS just doesn't know when to stop. And THAT is a good thing.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been sitting here thinking about this.

We all know (because the WTS has told everyone who will listen) that they are "champions of religious freedom and human rights". They will tell you that they alone are responsible for so many of the rights granted to people in both Canada and the US. They have repeatedly told us that the freedoms we have are because they have gone to courts to fight for those freedoms.

If you look at being an xJW as the freedom to NOT belong to a religious organization (a freedom of religion issue) then isn't it just a little ironic that they go to court to stop the freedom of rights and to free speech and religious freedom - those same freedoms they claim to have legally ensured.

Just a thought

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Quotes

Your site was the best one I've ever seen from both an academic and a psychological point of view. You made an invaluable contribution to all who wanted and needed "full disclosure". The way you presented the material empowered people, making them think. Its priceless how you've single handedly shook the Borg so much that they lashed out like a cornered rat. I really admire you and am confident that even now, you're the catalyst to a new wave of high quality, informative sites. You've given birth to a force to be reckoned with.

I should have downloaded that 1950s article on gravity. What a riot!!!

Edit: Oh Joy of Joys. Someone posted that article. Bless you fine soul.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear how the wheels of WTS money governed this situation legally, but that knife cuts both ways and the WTS should be wary.

Much of that information is still out there on other sites. The Bible Students have everything from 1879 to 1916 online and on CDs. There are other CDs with the writings of Rutherford. And there is always the ex-JW or JW that can burn a copy of the current WT-CD. There are enough damning sources on the internet still. The WTS may try to re-write history but they can't re-write us.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit