SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• quango
    quango

Does leaving JWs leave every one so bitter? Is it not possible to have any happy memories? Does every single belief , moral , value disintegrate?

"Most actually avoid trying to get Bible studies, probably because that further complicates their already busy JW schedule. " Sorry - that is total rubbish - you know it , I know it!

"I doubt you will find a reputable source to corroborate your "JW's are the fastest growing religion" claim." I've never claimed this , so I won't seek to find any reputable sources!

"1.3% growth is about consistant (sic) with population growth. JW's are baptising primarily family members they birth." Other posters are claiming that few teenagers are being baptised , so I'll let you argue this one. Population growth in Western lands is very low - even static. Allowing for 0.8% death rate , the increase in JWs is 2.1%. That is remarkable in an increasingly secular society.

"Anglicans in my state are pushing for a 10% increase" I'm "pushing" to lose 2 stones in weight next year - aspirations and realities are often different. How are the Anglicans trying to do this? Dumbing down , more tamborines & guitars? How many of the 10% will be active witnesses , preaching the gospel in the streets and how many will be pew-sitters , turing up for the occasional meeting (but boosting the figures). It is far easier to grow from a State base than a global base - Walmart won't grow as much as your corner grocery shop next year.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Population growth in Western lands is very low - even static.

Another witness on here said that. What a crock! We are talking about worldwide statistics! If you are talking about one figure worldwide, you can't pluck another figure locally. For goodness sake.

• blondie
    blondie

" Most actually avoid trying to get Bible studies, probably because that further complicates their already busy JW schedule. " Sorry - that is total rubbish - you know it , I know it!

I will edit that to say "many." I had many give me their return visits saying, "I don't have time to make them." Duh! Or, "I don't know how to conduct a study, you're a pioneer." Even when I said I would help them, "No, no. You do it."

Giving away return visits or not making them, is consciously or unconsciously avoiding conducting Bible studies. Even the WTS has been harping on the publishers to make their return visits. The WTS can count.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Dumbing down , more tamborines & guitars? How many of the 10% will be active witnesses , preaching the gospel in the streets and how many will be pew-sitters , turing up for the occasional meeting (but boosting the figures).

There ya go, spouting your Watchtower crap again! You simply don't think for yourself but mouth off what you've been told. Your only retort is to denigrate - no they won't and aren't "pew sitters" Please come and see for yourself - or are you too scared of the truth. The real truth, that is.

Many on JWD know where you come from, they were there too and are ashamed and angry at being lied to and ashamed of promulgating those lives.

Your day will come. Why, you're posting here!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Let me try to be clear on this...

If in some parts of the developing world witnesses are increasing by a lot and in some western countries they are decreasing and the total growth is 1.3%, there are still more babies that have to be killed by Jehovah than if he'd brought armaggedon last year.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

OK, I'll go with "Many" instead of "Most" as more accurate.

Quango: I've never claimed this (JW's are the fastest growing religion) , so I won't seek to find any reputable sources!

Well, this is just a theory, but maybe that was directed to the poster who DID say that ? (david2002)

Quango: Does leaving JWs leave every one so bitter?

Oh brother, here we go with the "Everyone hates us" bit. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they hate you. You sound like a little child who, after taking their favorite toy away screams "You hate me waa haaa haaaa."

Quango: Does every single belief , moral , value disintegrate?

A little melodramatic don't ya think? Lighten up ya weirdo , we're just exchanging viewpoints.

• quango
    quango

"There ya go, spouting your Watchtower crap again! You simply don't think for yourself but mouth off what you've been told. Your only retort is to denigrate - no they won't and aren't "pew sitters" Please come and see for yourself - or are you too scared of the truth. The real truth, that is."

Ouch ! Actually , I do speak to Anglicans on a regular basis - they don't have any preaching activity , as such , but they do well in coffee mornings & beetle drives! Maybe it is different in Oz!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    All who have shared in the ministry have had members of other churches telling them that they wish their members had the same zeal or that they themselves had the "guts" to preach. It is an obligation on all Christians to preach and become "fishers of men".

What the glowing and astonished reports that "members of other churches" love to talk about.....stems from the fact that these same "other churches" don't realize is that the JWs preaching work is NOT voluntary in the true sense of the word.

You may say that it is, but when the thrust and focus of BEING a JW is on "do more, preach more", and that one MUST WITNESS in order to be "considered" as a "witness", and EVERY MEETING is geared towards this end.........this "voluntary angle" is quite diminished, isn't it?

The fact that a JW is expected to submit a time slip each month as a barometer measuring their "spiriuality quotient", and that the WTS places such a high priority ON these numbers, puts this into an entirely different light than what Jesus and even the first-century (real) Christians ever dreamed of.

"Become imitators of me" also falls into the charitable aspect just as much as the preaching aspect---but the WTS ignores this . There ARE NO places on any map one can go to for any help with food, clothing or shelter financed by the WTS.....but the JWs will go to someone's door to "place" the latest literature and to try and make recruits ....for the Watchtower Society!!!! MAYBE, just maybe.....IF one agrees to that "free home "bible" study.....thay may be seen fit enough to be love-bombed in the form of "some" assistance. The big strings that are attached TO this help...are almost visible.

The "other churches" haven't a clue about what the JW-life is centered around.....and it's not "love of neighbor or benevolence. It's a BUSINESS, and it's all about luring folks into the Watchtower web.

Annie

• quango
    quango

The number of hours does not represent a spiritual quotient as such - everybodys' circumstances are different.

Do we really need to go over the "charity v ministry" issue again?

1...JWs do a tremendous amount of charitable activity. eg Every year , my congregation , like many in the UK , gathers with the local "worthies" and cleans up the town. Sadly , the other churches don't participate. We fill numerous black bags with the discarded needles , beer cans , cigarette butts & other delights of the beautiful world we now live in.

2..The priority is the preaching & disciple making work , just as Jesus performed. He spent little time in "charitable" activities as such , despite the misery around him.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Defd = quango

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit