SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

However, the secular press has take note of the Witnesses charible works.

Well, now you are just being naive. The Watchtower organization employs public relations people and every time they do something good, a press release is issued so that everybody will see what an outstanding, christian organization they are. The secular press sometimes takes note when they are asked to. They do not respond to as many press releases as the Watchtower would want. They love the press when it is reporting something good about them

Adversely, whenever the press reports something negative about them, they are not to be believed and they are working with Satan the Devil to persecute them.

Curious, wouldn't you say?

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    I spoke about the paradise earth, something they have never appear to hear of.

Oh yes, this is how they get them. Poor people with little education or people with problems will grab on to living in a Paradise Earth and they won't let go! Living in a Paradise Earth is the carrot dangling in front of every witness prompting them to be obedient and to listen to the demented ravings a group of old men whose only real concern is the bottom line of their corporation, instead of the Bible.

David, they never heard of it because this concept is not taught in the Bible. The Bible is one of those books that will say whenever you want it to say, and the Paradise Earth is an example of this.

• David2002
    David2002

EmperorClass,

I disagree with your assessments. The cases I knew about were not kept secret. They were reported to the authorities. The congregation knew about the molesters & they were expelled by the congregation. The WTS does not hide the fact of what sometimes goes on in the congregation. They use that as an explanation as to why about 1% of the membership is disfellowshipped every year. You claim WTS is hiding the negative stuff. News articles, in which some claimed the WTS policies protected molesters, began, if I recall correctly, circa 1999. But we know that as far back as 1986, the WTS published in its Jan. 1986 issue several of the reasons why some were expelled, and among the list they mentioned child abuse. That does not like the WTS is hiding the facts. In the UK, in case involving 2 sisters, a WT rep from the UK stated publicly that he was sorry about what happened to them. It became public knowledge that the entire body of elders were removed from that congregation for not following WT policy. In Boston, in a case involving a boy, a WTS attorney representing the WT, openly said he was sorry about what had happened. The cases I was aware of, happen in the 1980's, which were shocking to me and the congregation. I attended a Spanish congregation, and the individual involved was from the English congregation which met in the same hall. A father had abused his teenage daughter. The mother later divorced the dog. The father was expelled, & it was reported to the authorities.I remember asking about the case and was told he just given probation by the court, and had to attend therapy sessions at some city social service unit. So people knew about it in the congregation. The other case I heard of happen in NJ; it was reported to the authorites, and members of several congregations were well aware of what had happened. Of course, the individual was expelled from the congregation. The WTS society has also written numerous articles in both the WT and Awake! regarding the issue. Dr. Rodney Stark, who's not a Jehovah's Witneses, once spoke favorably regarding the Witness policy regarding child abuse, and alluded to the many articles the WTS has written about the topic, showing the WTS proactive role in educating Witnesses and others about the problem. . Others, including some social workers, have commented favorably.

Some try to make the WTS look as bad, or worse than the Catholic Church. But since when has the Catholic expelled priests for child molesting? It is a known fact, that the Catholic church, when priests confessed to the numerous times and admitted molesting several children, that NOTHING was really done. Yes, they were sent for therapy sessions. But their position as priests were maintained since the Catholic Church believed in the eternity of the priesthood. I found similar stories in spanish papers, regarding pastors, from evangelical and pentecostal churches, that were involved in abusing children. When they confessed, nothing practically nothing was done. Some remained as pastors!! Members believed they were saved anyway. One book focusing on Tony Levya, a notorious pentecostal minister and pedophile, contains the unbelievable story of how members would forgive him, when he said he would not do it again-even after repeating the same story line again.

Now WTS policy was the first religious organization to state that no man can be an elder if he has abused a child. Any elder involved in molesting in young child can never be an elder again. They are among the few, unlike the Catholic Church and others, to expel unrepentant molesters. Unlike, what some claim, parents can report any molestation cases to the authorities. True, the elders may not be to disfellowship one on basis of one witness. However, when an accused is taken to court, and additional evidence comes to light such as DNA evidence, they can immediately expel the individual. DNA evidence can be used as a second witness. Their policy may not be perfect, but it sure as hell much better than the policy followed by most churches.

• David2002
    David2002

FreeWilly,

Regarding the favorable articles about JW's doing charitable work. ; Perhaps you can provide links to these articles. ; The only one's I've seen were JW's helping pimarily other JW's. ; Thanks

I'll take a look tommorow and provide some links.

---David2002

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Now WTS policy was the first religious organization to state that no man can be an elder if he has abused a child.

All here know that in order for any "policy" to be made by the men in the WTS, the "problem" is far more than sporadic or it wouldn't make them sit up and take notice. This obviously has to be widespread.

The WTS is worse than any other organization, in that it claims to set the bar so high above everyone else, but is, upon closer investigation, no different than the others that it sneers at and calls names to.

The WTS has cheats and liars, thieves and pedophiles, adulterers and stiff-necked, hard to deal with people-------just as any other group on the earth does.....but worse in that they make these boastful claims about their "purity". Carrying the name of CCJWs does not mean a thing.....other than what other JWs think it means in their own deluded minds.

For this reason, you will continue to vilify the Catholic priests for the very same hideous and disgusting practices that your own brothers worldwide are doing, and at a very high rate as we are discovering. These "policies" have been handed down by your heirarchy because the problem is rampant, but still you defend them! This is your choice.....but I don't have to agree with it. I am thrilled that this is coming into the light and the WTS is being successfully exposed. They have secretly squirmed around in their own filthy mire long enough....and in dozens of areas other than the pedophile issue.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day David,

I've been away all day, so have just caught up with this absorbing discussion. With regard to this:

For those who may suffer from hunger, surely it is good news to hear that one time they will no longer have to worry about food in their bellies. Christians can also help, in the meantime, by feeding them and training them in farm techniques, which helps in the long run.

Let me address this as two separate points:

For those who may suffer from hunger, surely it is good news to hear that one time they will no longer have to worry about food in their bellies.

I doubt this very much. You see, I constantly work amongst peasants in a Third World country and from my own experience, I can see that the need, no the craving, for food is all absorbing. Do you honestly think that illiterate peasants could be distracted by looking at the Watchtower? Look, every minute of the day is taken up in getting food, subsistence, for the day.

The next point:

Christians can also help, in the meantime, by feeding them and training them in farm techniques, which helps in the long run.

How true this is! Now, in all honesty, is this what the WTS promotes? It hardly looks like it when their pre-occupation is with reporting of "field service".

Training in farm techniques would be admirable but I've never heard the JWs involved in that. It's interesting that you state that Christians would be doing that!

So, back to the topic, the WT's dominant interest in reporting growth figures based on people going from door-to-door whilst ignoring christian charity has given rise to a population of people, i,e. the R&F, who have very little concern for their fellow humans except for their value as a figure on a report.

Ozzie

• David2002
    David2002

FreeWilly,

Regarding the favorable articles about JW's doing charitable work. ; Perhaps you can provide links to these articles. ; The only one's I've seen were JW's helping pimarily other JW's. ;

Attached links are recent articles, opinions, etc that were still available on the Internet (some articles older than 4 months from online papers are now archived and a subscription is needed in order to access them. The ones below are still available on the Internet):

http://risingfromruin.msnbc.com/2005/10/jehovahs_roofin.html

http://www.ashlandcitytimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050916/NEWS01/509160413/1006/MTCN01

http://www.masslive.com/chicopeeholyoke/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1126293302222080.xml&coll=1

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051224/NEWS01/512240318/1002

http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051226/NEWS01/512260313/1002

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051118/MTCN0505/311180025/1320/MTCN0305

http://www.srainternational.org/newweb/articles/katrina.shtml

http://www.cnumc.org/umNews/instantConnection/2005-04-04/2005-04-04.php (this article does not deal with the JW's relief efforts; it alludes to their growth in the US versus other churches)

David2002

• David2002
    David2002

Jeff,

So, when witnesses were telling this 'good news' to those who lived in 1920 - to the 'millions now living who will never die' - did it give them true hope. Nope. I think they all died. Perhaps of the hunger or disease you mention, or perhaps of old age that they were told would not come upon them.

It still does not change the Bible promises. Remember, the bible states there is going to be a resurrection. And that was part of the Christian hope. Most will be resurrected to live in the earthly paradise on earth. (Acts 24:15; Is. 11:6-9; Psalms 37:10-12; 2 Peter 3:13)

--David2002

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Now WTS policy was the first religious organization to state that no man can be an elder if he has abused a child. Any elder involved in molesting in young child can never be an elder again.

Bull!

To be removed, one has to first be convicted of the crime. Watchtower policy is that it takes 'two witnesses' to do that. Many elders are walking around pedophiles. Many persons here have been molested by them. Some have been driven to suicide over the effects. Others have been disfellowshipped themselves for 'going public' with the accusations. Many fine upstanding elders have resigned and left the organization over this matter.

Don't tell me that no man can be an elder if he has abused a child. Go to www.silentlambs.org and look at the stories there. Then when finished go put your head back in the sand.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Jeff,
    So, when witnesses were telling this 'good news' to those who lived in 1920 - to the 'millions now living who will never die' - did it give them true hope. Nope. I think they all died. Perhaps of the hunger or disease you mention, or perhaps of old age that they were told would not come upon them.

It still does not change the Bible promises. Remember, the bible states there is going to be a resurrection. And that was part of the Christian hope. Most will be resurrected to live in the earthly paradise on earth. (Acts 24:15; Is. 11:6-9; Psalms 37:10-12; 2 Peter 3:13)

--David2002

So, are you admitting then that Jehovah needs to use a 'false prophet' to tell this good news? The 1925 lie did nothing to comfort those needing hope. It may have in fact broken their trust in religion after accepting this one as the 'truth'. Then they grew old and died anyway. Why did not God just choose another religion to tell this 'truth'? After all none of them proclaimed 1925. They were at that moment the 'truth' weren't they? And the Watchtower was the 'lie'. As far as your 'proof texts' - Acts mentions a resurrection but not to the earth. Most Christians accept this to be heavenly in nature. Isaiah and Psalms refer to restoration of Isreal, not new earth. And while Peter refers to a 'new earth', he does not suggest it would be populated with those back from the dead at all. All these scriptures are spuriously applied by the WTS. Try reading them instead of cut and pasting them from a watchtower sometime. Jeff

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit