SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's amazing that 16,760,607 people assembled together on one evening in 2004 to deny Christ.

How many people were at the 2005 Memorial?

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm

2004 stats

(a good site to bookmark for stats and news items from WTS viewpoint)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry but I am having some some scanner problems tonight. I daresay the full info will come up on the net.

BTW Australia = 0% incease

memorial attendance worldwide = 16,383,333, which is 377,274 down on 2004

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1.3% That is great!

The WTS is slowing down! It takes time for a train that large to come to a stop!

4954 hours to baptize one person. Using the average of 10 hours per month of preaching for JWs, that means that on average it takes 41.3 YEARS of preaching to convert ONE person.

That is the epitome of gross inefficiency. No sales rep who had a sales rate of one sale per 41.3 years could possible avoid being fired.

• enderby
    enderby

numbers going down? hurray! the love of the greater number is cooling off as predicted and the end is near!
    numbers going up? hurray! god is blessing the work of the great crowd as predicted!
    how about a falsifiable thesis, brooklyn? haven't you read any Popper? oh yes, you have . . . you've quoted him before! err, i mean, you misleadingly quoted his views on the theory of evolution.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I've been interested in seeing these figures. The 1.3% increase is just about flatline, and it looks like the figures are still going down in the Internet savvy countries. I'm surprised with the 1% jump in France - they've been pretty tough on the JWs. Will be interested in seeing the full report.

All in all it looks like the downward trend continues. And an interesting drop in Memorial attendance - one of the most meaningless figures that they used. Pulling folks out of the woodwork for their one meeting per year was no indication of future growth!

As far as Memorial partakers, I kept a sheet with the yearly figures for about 3 decades. I found that the number of partakers went up, on average, one year out of every four, or 25% of the time. So odd. Partakers - another meaningless figure.

S4

• richard
    richard

Check out this link for details: http://www.watchtower.org/statistics/worldwide_report.htm

I assume it will be updated in a few weeks

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

1.3% That is great!

The WTS is slowing down! It takes time for a train that large to come to a stop!

Yeah!!! That's 0.7% less than last year!!! At this rate, let's see how long it'll take for membership to start decreasing:

2006: 0.6%
    2007: -0.1%

YEAH!!!! And Canada ROCKS with 0% increase!!! Wait, is it really 0%, or is it a decrease that isn't noted? I Guess those little minus signs don't look too good.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I assume it will be updated in a few weeks

Yeah, news moves slowly in JW land. By the time they announce Armageddon's here, we'll all be destroyed and the birds will have found something else long ago to pick at.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    But with the generation gone in a puff of smoke, what is the point now? Anyone?

They used to say there would still be some alive after A. But I think t he alledged basis was something other than the generation thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit