SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• quango
    quango

Er no - I'm not actually defd! (I assume you mean the poster of the same name.)

I'm off now to spend some time with the family - I promise I won't book the time I've spent here (and "inflate" the figures any more!)

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Quango: " JWs do a tremendous amount of charitable activity" - then - "Jesus ... spent little time in "charitable" activities "

I think you need a little help organizing your arguements.

Boy you are really a "fish out of water" in this forum. You apparently can't seem to remember that we have all been there, done that. Your claims might sound convincing to householders or fellows at work. However, having served in numerous congregations, at Bethel and Internationally, you're not going to BS me (or anyone else here). It's not like you speaking to people who have no clue about your whacky beliefs. We know cuz we've been there. Do you really think you can sell us that "JW's do tremendous charitable activities" garbage? Your credibility is eroding with every post.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No, he's not Derrick.

I have to chuckle when people lump every WT-apologist together into the same persona. I know they can come across as drones, but for goodness sakes.

Besides, Quango is a Brit

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Freewilly:It reminds me of when I first expressed my "doubts" to my dad. He immediately came out with the time-worn illustrations from the Reasoning Book.

I halted him in his tracks and observed that he had just put a door-frame round me and treated me like a householder. I informed him that he needed to think up some new ways of tackling the question because I knew his arguments well, and had taught them for years!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Sunspot ((((((((HUGS)))))))):

the JWs preaching work is NOT voluntary in the true sense of the word.

And those vying for position, "reaching out" to be elders and ministerial servants, obviously want to be 'seen' to be doing the ministry so as to get their cherished appointment. Again, this undermines the whole meaning of "voluntary". Notice how there was always a sudden increase in the numbers going on field service whenever there was a C.O.'s visit!

It's true that some church-goers have said how they admire the zeal of JWs going from house to house and that they wish they and their fellow-churchgoers could be as zealous - but they are referring to the preaching work alone and not the acceptance of Watchtower dogma. If they truly knew the agony caused by Watchtower they'd soon change their opinion of zealous door-bashers. AND I was often informed by church-goers, particularly born-agains, of how they had exJWs in their congregations.

The true facts are that the combined field ministry reports are full of lies. I always started my time from the moment I knocked on a door or spoke (witnessed) to someone in the street, while others started theirs the moment they got out of the car (I know because that's what they told me). I also know of people who counted time with each one of their unbaptised children, whereas one was supposed to count one hour study and one RV for the entire family. Everyone here knows the ploys the JWs got up to and still practice. Field ministry hours are a sham!

Ian

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I knew some who started their time the moment they left the house, and included the coffee break and shopping time

• gumby
    gumby

Dfed- quango? Hmmmmm.....could be Ozmeisterman

Let me ask you something Quango.

JW's have been and are supposed to have been preaching the good news of the kingdom. That good news is that the now reigning king Jesus, has set up his kingdom since 1914 and that he will soon bring an end to human suffering and usher in a New System under the hand of Jesus Christ.

Lets suppose I took a walk through a busy neighborhood and knocked on doors and asked people if they knew what the JW's message really was about. How many would answer.........." oh, they keep going on and on about how Jesus took over rulership in 1914 and he's going to soon destroy all the governments and set up his own here on earth where all the animals and people all love each other and everyones happy".

I'll bet you wouldn'y get 1 . What you would get is..." oh, they like to come by and get you to take those magazines".

Yea.....they've left quite an impression on the world with their over 100 years of preaching to the world about the Kingdom.....haven't they?

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ross,

No, he's not Derrick. I have to chuckle when people lump every WT-apologist together into the same persona. I know they can come across as drones, but for goodness sakes.

remember things figurative?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Dfed- quango? Hmmmmm.....could be Ozmeisterman

Unthinking, repetitious spouting of watchtower bile and dogma gets so ........oh I dunno, there's nothing "new under the sun", eh?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LT: I'd usually walk or cycle to the group service meeting, making sure I'd stop and offer the mags to the first person I saw. Then, repeat the same before I went through my front door at the end of the day. Do this four times a month and those rewards / privileges start piling up.

Annie, great post. My sentiments exactly.

Also, does anyone think that this trend of slowing down is reflected in the alteration of the baptismal questions. Where there is less and less focus on the door work?

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit