SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ballistic
    ballistic

wombat, don't you think it's dispicable? What if they had put 9.5 million hours to charity, what would be the impact? Or 9.5 million hours just working at a second job would have impacted the GDP of your country?

• wombat
    wombat

Ballistic.....You're so right. I often think of how much happiness it would have bought to this country if the same effort had been put into charitable works.

Like....one person working for the happiness of others for 100 hours a month for 800 years. I know what I can achieve in just a few miserable hours a week.

Two thoughts:

1. Their ministery is an abject failure. If I had a sales team like them I would sack the lot. Jehovah needs to get a degree in Sales and Marketing if he chose them as His sales force. Bad move.

2. (I forgot what I was going to say but it was something bloody fantastic).

• ballistic
    ballistic
    2. (I forgot what I was going to say but it was something bloody fantastic).

hehe

• wombat
    wombat

Don't laugh at me you silly Pom. One day you will turn 60 too.

I can't even remember the results of the last Ashes.

• ballistic
    ballistic

There are two things to remember about public speaking.

1. Always leave your audience wanting more...

• David2002
    David2002

Ozziepost

you poor soul! You've been so misled that now you defend "the Organisation", your masters, with words of idolatry. sad. BTW, the only ones we are to obey are God and Christ, as well as follow the leadings of the Holy Spirit. Some geriatric interpreters of the Word don't rate in the obedience stakes.

If you read the Bible text I cited, directly, from the Bible, you have seen the very first words in Hebrew 13:17 "OBEY your leaders and submit to them, , for thye keep watch over your souls as those who will give you an account, so that they can do this with joy and not with grief." (CSB) That is what God is telling us to do. Of course, if I thought I was being misled, and being taught falsehoods, I would not listen to them. But I believe they teach the truth from the Bible. Therefore they deserve respect for teaching those Bible truths.

David2002

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day David!

I hadn't seen you post and was missing you!

No, really!

We're not always cranky bears, ya know. We actually do appreciate someone defending their faith.

Have a good one.

Cheers, Ozzie

• David2002
    David2002

Ozziepost

Let me put it this way, Did you ever engage in works of charity to your community? If you did, did you report it? If you didn't, why not?

Personally, I contribute to charitable works, including United Way, Miracle Flights, etc. I have donated clothing for brothers, as well as others in need, especially when special collections were taken up in the congregation. Records of how much we give and how much we do in the charitable service such as helping the poor and those struck by disaters is not kept by the Society, perhaps in view of what Matt. 6: 2 says. However, the secular press has take note of the Witnesses charible works. Also, keep in mind that preaching the good news is a charitable work. The good news of the Bible is brougth to people, which help them change their lives. Sometimes for instance, a drug addicted or alchoholic, is trying to better their lives. They go to therapy. But still that does not really help. They need something else to motivate them. Jehovah's Christian Witnesses come to the door, and now they have a new hope. By means of the help of the holy spirit, they are now able to overcome the addictions, and better their lives as Christians.

• David2002
    David2002

Sunspot

I respectfully beg to differ. When a JW sends a check to expressly help people that you mentioned.....they were told NOT to designate where they would like their donations to be sent....but the WTS saw fit to announce that ALL donations should be sent in care of the WTS "worldwide work" and THEY would then decide how best the JWs money would be spent! t really stinks of (cough) "other purposes" that it will be used for.....since the WTS doesn't offer ANY financial statements on just where ANY money goes. If any "wordly" agency used these tactics...they would be under great suspicion, wouldn't they?

It's almost laughable....but when natural disasters occur....NOBODY even thinks that the WTS will do anything but run and hide, never coming forward AS AN ORGANIIZED GROUP to offer assistance! Perhaps a smattering of JWs here and there MAY do somethng admirable----but the WTS does not lend itself OR donate money to "worldly" folks in need. That's fact.

Actually, articles that appear in the secular press do not support what you are saying. I know several brothers and sisters from Texa and Florida, that are now helping others who suffered through the hurricane in Florida this year. One of them told me that they received provisions to be distributed from the WTS. And, let me reiterate, the secular press itself has had numerous articles on the Jehovah's Witnesses and their charitable works.

- David2002

• David2002
    David2002

Apostander,

The Witnesses do tolerate child sexual abuse ! The elders have a Fiduciary responsibility to protect the flock they are watching over. However,,it's hush hush when they are told of abuse that has taken place! Don't tell anyone that brother so&so is a child molester. What the hell is this code of silence? Why is it that a child molester can be sitting right next to you at a meeting and you wouldn't know about it until you find out later that he molested one of your children? Is that protecting the flock? Where in the bible does it say to keep quiet about child molesters in our midst? I am so glad that I am done with that Disgusting organization !!!! They don't even admit there is a problem.

My 2 Cents worth

You are wrong. From my experience, child molestation is not kept secret. The cases I knew about were reported to the authorities. Molesters are almost certainly to be expelled, unlike most churches. Even in the case when there is only 1 witness, the parents or the elders can report to authorities. It is not kept quiet. If the elders do not feel there is enough evidence to expel, because the one accused claims he or she is innocent, then the parents have every right to report to the authorities. If additional evidence comes up in a court trial, such as DNA evidence, then the elders can accept the DNA evidence as a second witness and expel the molester.

David2002

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit