SERVICE REPORT 2005 : WATCHTOWER FEB 1ST 2006

by BluesBrother 307 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have had a quick look and found no references to this, so - here goes..as in the mag we picked up on Sunday.

Worldwide % increase over 2004 = 1.3%

Memorial partakers 8524 (compared to 8570 in 2004)

most European and Nth American lands show pretty static figs - Britain 1% increase, Canada 0%, Germany 0%, France 1%, USA 0%..

But spare a thought for the inhabitants of Zambia where 1 person in 90 is a reporting witness, must be hell going down to the local market!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Anyone remember what last years increase was? Im too lazy to look... plus Im at work.

Maybe next years report will be -10 %

• wombat
    wombat

Got any figures for Australia ?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    But spare a thought for the inhabitants of Zambia where 1 person in 90 is a reporting witness, must be hell going down to the local market!

Literally LOL over that. I used to notice those places too. I think I remember seeing one tiny island somewhere where like 1 in 20 people were Witnesses (probably some huge family did a mass conversion or something) and wondering how they went out in service....I mean, there's only so many times you can keep harping on the same stuff to the same people.
    So are you going to post scans or anything?
    SNG

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

It's interesting they still list the # of memorial partakers since it doesn't matter whether the geezers die off or not (at least as it relates to the "generation").

I've been out for 5 years now...is heaven filled yet? Have they revised the 144,000 docrtine yet?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

How does those leaving affect this percentage? Is this the overall increase allowing for those leaving/kicked out?

Arnie

• blondie
    blondie

Annual Worldwide Statistics

Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ's death

Total volunteer hours spent in public Bible educational work

1.3 billion

Average weekly home Bible courses taught

Practicing members*

New members baptized

Increase over 2003

2.0 percent

Branch offices

Congregations

http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm

• Jourles
    Jourles

IMO, it's only a matter of time before they stop publishing the memorial partaker count. With it forever hanging in the mid-8000's, witnesses are bound to start questioning it. Even more so as time goes on. If I were still in, that number would mean absolutely nothing to me. I always laughed at it while I was still a hardcore dubbie.

If you really think about it, does that number even signify anything anymore? It used to when the generation teaching was still around. In fact, I used to gauge the timeframe of Armageddon coming with that number. But with the generation gone in a puff of smoke, what is the point now? Anyone?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Who earth can even really believe those numbers!

How many people are they counting that have not even been to meetings in years...etc!

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

I never thought of that Legolas....technically I might be included in those #'s lol!

I was never disfellowshipped or disassociated! The "friends" still say hi to me when they see me around the neighborhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit