UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• felix a
    felix a

Zev,

Just now reading this thread and had one thought pop-up in my mind regarding the letter you sent to the UN. This thought is in regard to your use of references to various pieces of WT literature and where those quotes might be found. How is the reader of your letter to know what journals or books are being quoted? You've used the abreviations that we as Witnesses or x-Witnesses would readily recognize, but would a member of the UN who has no or limited exposure to the Witnesses recognize the abbreviations. I know they may not recognize the names of the books or journals either, however I think having the full name would definitely aid them in verifying the veracity of the quotes.

So I might suggest that any posters who are looking to write this organization make use of the full name of the books or magazines and not the internal abrevaitions used by the WT CD or bound volumes.

Just a thought,

David P (felix a)

My thanks to all who are contributing here I am really enjoying this thread and the info being shared right now.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Felix:

Your remarks just triggered some IDEAS!!!

What would be even better would be:

1. For those quotes taken from "rare" or "higher value" publications, maybe someone could copy/fax complete articles/chapters to the DPI.

2. Instead of quoting from cheaper, readily available publications like the REVELATION BOOK, recent WATCHTOWERS, and even the BABYLON THE GREAT BOOK, maybe someone could go through these books and mark the pertinent pages with stickums, etc., and then FEDEX the complete book or magazine to DPI.

Having the actual book or magazine in hand would prevent the WTS from somehow lying their way out of such.

It would also allow DPI to read the surrounding material and see that such quotes were not taken out of context.

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Sending actual copies of stuff to the DPI is great.

Scanning and then Emailing or sending facsimiles is a great idea.

The NGO DPI web site has a facsimile number. The URL is located in the first few pages of this thread.

Do it people - scan and Email or fascimile the DPI. Make damn sure you quantify and explain what your concern is. Do it!!!!!!

This is a Press Nightmare for the WTS. A god damn Governing Body member and head of the writing dept. was on the application form for crying out loud back in 1991!!!!!!

This thread ROCKS!!!!!!

hawk

• msil
    msil

Hawk - DONT. Please do not spoil this. The DPI should not be alerted.

For instance. I sent my father an email about this. He is a loyal dub. His response was "how do we prove it is true"? 2 others I spoke with today have said the same. The right way is to designate someone like yourself to come here, formulate ideas and then have the designated person go back to the UN. Obtaining complete information is needed. Guaranteeing that people can link to the URL and see for themselves is far more powerful. If the DPI removes the WT entry from the roster it will then be MUCH less effective and harder to prove.

how do you define victory in this battle? Is it by having the DPI spank the WT or remove them? Or is it by SHOWING dubs from all over the hypocrisy of the WT? The latter option is a much BIGGER victory in my opinion.

Oh Kent, why the hang did you let the cat out of the bag so soon?
    The inmates are running the assylum now!!

Amazing, please make sure that you keep your stuff under wraps. We cannot let this happen with that too.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I would have agreed on Thurday but its too late...way too late... and believe me I am in the SPIN and OPTICS business as Maximus will tell you.

According to Ms. Oca of the DPI as of yesterday WHO I TALKED TOO VIA PHONE - Mr. Paul Hoeffel and others will be holding a meeting over this issue next week because of all the Emails and phone calls.

Phone her yourself.

Take Mad Apostate's advice and hit the DPI with everything you got!!!

P.S. WTS monitors this site too !!!!

Can you imagine the press if this grabs legs either way.

Either way its a nightmare and its way too late. Once Zev started the ball rolling a few weeks ago (rightly or wrongly - I don't care) your strategy was toast.

hawk

• msil
    msil

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

msil:

I agree with you on this, but I don't think there's much to be done at this point. DPI has already been alerted to the issue.

Please continue to do your best to publicize this issue despite this fact. I will be.

TS,

• msil
    msil

Trevor,

The WTBS will win this battle now. Watch!!

It will be a while before we get another golden opportunity like this too.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

it is nice to have such an interesting

discussion and wait for further development.

bj:
    "this important information which will continue shaking sincer members and help them open their eyes and see who really are the HYPOCRITES.
    We're also spreading the news in France."

Excellent!!!

Messenger: "The guidlines offered by the Society have for years set standards for Christian conduct. Certain guidlines have serious implications for a Christian's decision could bring dire consequences, for example:

1. Join the military automatic-DA.
    2. Willful blood transfusion automatic-DA.
    3. Join YMCA automatic-DA.
    4. Vote automatic-DA.

When you consider the above implications to an individual Christian, the question would be, how would this apply to an organization that made up this code of Christian rules.

If it is good for the goose is it not good for the gander? "

Very logical and factual statement!

I'm sure that giving the widest publicity is a very good thing.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

again good suggestion and pertinent

observation:

msil " Or is it by SHOWING dubs from all over the hypocrisy of the WT? The latter option is a much BIGGER victory in my opinion."

YES! This should be our common goal.

even Trevor Scott thinks the same:

"Please continue to do your best to publicize this issue despite this fact. I will be."

Don't be pessimistic, this is a GREAT ISSUE:

SINCERITY v HYPOCRISY !

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit