UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Yeah
    let's ADVERISE! ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! the DPI and his affiliates...!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Msil,

thanks for the answer.

"2. Ensure the WT membership REMAINS on the NGO site and direct JW's to see for themselves. "

I must say ...it makes sense!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. thanks to MA, Alan, HK for
    your extra work.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Msil:

You just don't seem to "get it", or to be able to see the "big picture".

A group of Anti-WTS unknowns have ALREADY bombarded DPI with emails of unknown quantity and quality. DPI has ALREADY decided to review the WTS's "status".

It's hard to criticize the "bombardment" at this point. Due to the timing of the world crisis, and the fact that DPI is currently "sensitive" because it may have granted "associative status" to NGOs with terrorist connections, DPI probably is more willing now than at any other time to review, for possible deletion, the "status" of its NGOs.

A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Although it possibly would have been better that this attack on the WTS's "status" be made at some later time, the fact remains that such an attack did need to be made at some point in time, and DPI's "attitude" probably will never be more receptive than it is right now.

Keep in mind that the WTS is the best judge of how beneficial such "status" is. They are using this formal association with the UN to influence governmental, social, and other regulatory attitudes all over the globe. Go to any "human rights" website you wish, run "JWs" on their search engine, and chances are that you will get multiple hits.

Yes, it would be "a positive" if JWs could continue to go to the UN Website and see the WTS listed as being "associated" with DPI. However, the question is whether the value of having such available to the small minority of JWs willing to access such is large enough to offset the downside of the WTS continuing to receive the benefits it is reaping worldwide as a UN NGO???

Whether the UN "disfellowships" the WTS, or the WTS "disassociates" itself, neither event changes the fact that the WTS VOLUNTARILY associated itself to the UN for TEN YEARS. I'm sure that dozens, if not hundreds, of copies of the NGO roster have been saved for future reference and posting on anti-WTS websites. Any JWs who will not believe such are the kind that wouldn't be phased even after seeing such on the UN website.

The fact remains that the WTS voluntarily carried on an "illicit affair" with the "beast" for at least 10 years.

Put yourself in the shoes of "Loyal JW Elder". How would you feel if you picked up the newspaper one morning and read these headlines: "JW Elder's Wife Ends 10 Year Long Affair With Local Satanist". Do you think the Elder would say: "Well, since I didn't know anything about the 10 year long affair until today, and since my wife is no longer blowing the satanist, I'll just carry on as if the affair never happened."

While I have no doubt that there are some JW Elders stupid enough to reason such, I also have no doubt that there are many Elders who would terminate the marriage.

Getting back to the upcoming review by DPI. The horse is already out of the barn, so let's make the best of the situation. If we don't, we may not get another opportunity for many, many years because the DPI will later reason that they have already conducted such a thorough review.

NOW'S THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THE CAUSE!!!

• bj
    bj

Thanks for this important information which will continue shaking sincer members and help them open their eyes and see who really are the HYPOCRITES.

We're also spreading the news in France.

You can find the name of Ciro Aulicino on a list dated 15/8/2000
    http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/writing_dept.htm

Joe

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

It should be understood that there is no guarantee that the DPI's review will result in the WTS's "associative status" being withdrawn.

Anyone familiar with "organizational behavior" will realize that it is more likely that the DPI will NOT delete the WTS, since to make such a decision means that DPI must acknowledge that they made a mistake, or at least acknowledge that they were capable of being mislead.

IMO, regardless of what happens, the WTS is in a no-win situation, and we are in a no-lose situation.

The only question is whether YOU FOLKS READING THIS are in the battlelines, or whether you are sitting on the sidelines whining and making excuses that things aren't just perfect enough for you to join in.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello MA,

thanks for your comments.

"Whether the UN "disfellowships" the WTS, or the WTS "disassociates" itself, neither event changes the fact that the WTS VOLUNTARILY associated itself to the UN for TEN YEARS. I'm sure that dozens, if not hundreds, of copies of the NGO roster have been saved for future reference and posting on anti-WTS websites. Any JWs who will not believe such are the kind that wouldn't be phased even after seeing such on the UN website."

A very good point.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• sf
    sf

"2. Ensure the WT membership REMAINS on the NGO site and direct JW's to see for themselves."

This IS being done in yahoo religious chatrooms. Many ARE seeing the factual doc from the U.N. webpage because it's very easy to paste it verbatim. Last night I was uptil 1:30am pasting this thread to the jw chatroom on yahoo. Also pasted was Tallys pages and links to the "photos of destruction by jehovah" on those pages.

The info IS reaching people. Now, if we "advertise" this like we did the "silentlambs" campaign to show the world the pedophile epidemic w/in that org., this surely will cause many to question what's really going on within this publishing corporation. Pasting these hot topics in all major "beliefs" USERrooms on yahoo enables the reader to be informed so that the next time the jws come knocking...the public will be aware and ready to question them on the affiliation the WTBTS has now with the U.N.

Freedom of our speech needs to be exercised daily on this topic and others that directly affect every community member. How will you (in general)alert YOUR community, today?

sKally, www klass

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Hawk: A big "thank-you" for all the leg work on this one. A job well done.

At this point, I think we may as well just go for it with the UN-DPI. Obviously they are alerted now, and concerned enough to hold a meeting to review the matter anyway. We may as well give them as much ammo as we can.

But even more so, I agree with sf and others when they talk about advertising this issue. This is a smoking gun, and personally I think it is worth trying to get this information in front of jw family and friends. I wrote several letters to dubs when this news first broke a few weeks back, as did my wife.

Also, I hope Randy and Kent make some room on the front page for this one!!

TS,
    waiting for the "new light" on the identity of the scarlet beast...

• messenger
    messenger

The guidlines offered by the Society have for years set standards for Christian conduct. Certain guidlines have serious implications for a Christian's decision could bring dire consequences, for example:

1. Join the military automatic-DA.
    2. Willful blood transfusion automatic-DA.
    3. Join YMCA automatic-DA.
    4. Vote automatic-DA.

When you consider the above implications to an individual Christian, the question would be, how would this apply to an organization that made up this code of Christian rules.

If it is good for the goose is it not good for the gander?

If that be the case it would provide the basis to say the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has automatically disassociated themselves from God's favor. For those of you who read this each Christain should seriously consider shunning anyone associated with officials of the Society. It is sad to have to take this action, but what else can a Christain do when God's laws are broken.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I didn't know about the YMCA rule.

I just joined to take swimming lessons with my daughter.

I told my JW mom about it & she didn't say anything.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

closer

Mean People Produce
    Little Mean People

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit