Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I would think that if God smited NOLA, because of debauchery, he'd have obliterated the French Quarter where most of the naughty stuff happens. But he didn't, now did he?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Thank you, Flying. I commented on this previously and made the exact same observation.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Thank you, Flying. I commented on this previously and made the exact same observation.

I figured someone else might have,it's just that this topic is 7 pages long.It's worth repeating.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I know hurricanes are bad, having been born and raised on the gulf coast in Mobile and then Morgan City, La. I've been through three of them. Through out history humankind has been hit by horrible things like the black plague. Even with all our modern technology, we can't escape everything bad.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

kenneson, so god did not cause the hurricane then? sorry if you have answered this already, but did god cause 9/11? TS

• UnwrittenSong
    UnwrittenSong

(This is just my point of view and it's isn't meant to offend anyone...) But isn't it possible that part of the purpose of this life and all of the garbage that happens in it is to teach humans that when they keep pushing God away and insist on doing things their way, the world sucks? Every day, in one way or another, each and every human says, "I know what's good for me better than you do, God. I'll do things my way - thank you very much." and God lets us... He's giving us our time to try doing things our way. He doesn't like seeing us go through all this stuff... It's just like teaching a child - you can tell them over and over again, "you don't want to touch that stove because you'll get burned", but the child doesn't really learn until they go ahead and touch the stove anyway (notice: the child doesn't touch the stove until, in some part of their mind, they decide "I know better than you - I'm gonna do it anyway"). * shrugs * Just a thought... (It's really amazing how often people take their anger and frustration from the bad religious experiences they've had with people out on God.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hi Unwritten, maybe whoever created this earth, set in motion certain eco systems and balances in nature and man has messed with them so much that earth is fighting back. Maybe all humans are reaping what we've sowed upon the environment.

I still think that judgemental people cause far more harm, sorrow and pain in this world than the sinners do.

• UnwrittenSong
    UnwrittenSong

Hi FlyingHighNow. Yeah, I think that's possible.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I really have to ask... Why are you feeding this ding-dong??? He doesn't even have a MESSAGE! He's just a lunatic parrot saying "REPENT REPENT REPENT"

Yeah yeah god is using the weather to kill the unrepentent... Kind of a shitty system, not super effective, but he's kind of a shitty god too isnt' he? I mean the muslims were able to get over 3000 in about two hours in one city but it's taken your god several weeks to get what maybe 500???

Your god (much like yourself) seems to have his head deeply entrenched in his ass! I was on the beach actually SURFING when the last cat III storm hit vero beach and I'm about as unrepentent as it's possible to get yet I'm fine... Maybe someone needs to buy your god a sniper rifle or something cause he's to f*cking stoned to run the rainbow machine anymore!

Please... At least brownhole had a message! It was a crazy message but at least it was a message! Do the world a favor go get a little boat and paddle out into the next big storm and see if your god gives you special protection! If he gives you what I think he'll give you I'll let you ride back to shore with me on my board!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    you can tell them over and over again, "you don't want to touch that stove because you'll get burned", but the child doesn't really learn until they go ahead and touch the stove anyway

So then you kill them... Yep thats god for you... He's a piece of $hit alright!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit